PDA

View Full Version : New Dawn: Three Questions

DeadlyTowersSux
02-24-2019, 02:17 AM
Okay, Iím CONSIDERING giving New Dawn a chance despite the disappointment of FC5. However, before I even think about buying it, I have 3 questions:

1. Are the guns actually DIFFERENT this time, rather than a bunch of them being simple reskins of each other?

2. How many times are you captured during the story?

3. Do the choices you make actually MATTER, unlike in 5?

KmarkoPL
02-24-2019, 02:23 AM
1 most of the weapons are the same, only better tier.
2 there is no capture
3 no, there is only one choice at the end, and does not make any difference what you choice was

DeadlyTowersSux
02-24-2019, 03:04 AM
You... arenít captured? At ANY point? I never thought Iíd see the day!

Really, the capture one was the main thing I wanted to know. I guess I can live with the weapons thing. And I guess, if New Dawnís ending makes more sense than FC5, I can love with that.

So one last question: does New Dawnís ending make more sense than the BS ending of FC5?

AgentSeta
02-24-2019, 03:42 AM
Then ending of New Dawn doesn't make you feel like you wasted your time the way 5 did

it's a little bitter sweet because the person you want to kill wants to die(wanted to kill him but not going to do so on his terms) but it still gave me a little satisfaction unlike 5

DeadlyTowersSux
02-24-2019, 03:48 AM
Okay, no captures, an ending that DOESNíT make you feel like everything was a waste of time... I guess Iíll be giving New Dawn a shot once I have the money to buy it

AgentSeta
02-24-2019, 03:54 AM
Hope you enjoy it

May not be the same for others but the New Dawn ending actually made me okay with the way 5 ends

L1A1Rocker
02-24-2019, 06:19 AM
Okay, I’m CONSIDERING giving New Dawn a chance despite the disappointment of FC5. However, before I even think about buying it, I have 3 questions:

1. Are the guns actually DIFFERENT this time, rather than a bunch of them being simple reskins of each other?

2. How many times are you captured during the story?

3. Do the choices you make actually MATTER, unlike in 5?

Read through some of the feedback. Lots of changes that many are not happy with. GFH is cut way down, and there is no New Game +, for example. The game is basically 1/3rd the game of FC5 for 2/3rd the price. If it ever drops below 20 bucks I MAY get it.

garymjh
02-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Read through some of the feedback. Lots of changes that many are not happy with. GFH is cut way down, and there is no New Game +, for example. The game is basically 1/3rd the game of FC5 for 2/3rd the price. If it ever drops below 20 bucks I MAY get it.

The game is much closer to 2/3 the length of fc5 for 2/3 of the price.

kniVes-6-
02-24-2019, 04:32 PM
There are 17 story missions in ND and 43 in FC5.. Wait for a sale as it's over in the blink of an eye. Don't forget there is no real grind in FC5 so it has a lot more value than ND unless progression is your thing (i don't mind personally). Neither compares to the value I got from Odyssey or Origins.

L1A1Rocker
02-24-2019, 05:51 PM
The game is much closer to 2/3 the length of fc5 for 2/3 of the price.

Not even close. Replaying a single mission over 3 times does not make for 3 times the missions. It's 1/3rd the game at best where you grind through the same missions over and over.

AgentSeta
02-24-2019, 06:44 PM
GFH is cut way down
Two guns for hire at the same time was too OP and people weren't suppose to have access to them during Co Op originally either. One at a time during single player seems much better in my opinion

To be fair though being able to redo outpost and expeditions is no excuse for the lack of New Game Plus in my opinion

Crazymoe03
03-02-2019, 04:50 AM
What does GFH mean

K-R-B-C
03-02-2019, 07:36 AM
Guns for hire

Frag_Maniac
03-02-2019, 10:25 AM
There's not only no captures, there's no drug zombies, no shape shifting animals appearing out of nowhere, and no fields of flowers that make you hallucinate. I also love the option to Scavenge or Liberate Outposts. If you Scavenge them you get Ethanol, the main currency for upgrades. Scavenged Outposts are immediately taken back by Highwaymen, except higher ranking ones each time, and each subsequent time you conquer them you get more Ethanol. I'm pretty sure there's only 4 levels of outposts, but even level 3 is quite challenging unless you gear up pretty good.

They also added Expeditions. They're kinda like secret Outposts in far areas. First one is on an aircraft carrier on the coast, 2nd one a big bridge, etc. To get to these a pilot stationed at Prosperity Base flies you there. You have to find and retrieve a pack full of special valuables. Once you get it the pilot radios where he's going to pick you up. It has a GPS in it though, so after 30 sec they all know where you are. Once you get to the pickup spot you have to hold off the Highwaymen for about 1:30. They WILL do damage to the heli too, so it's in your best interest to "Get to tha choppa" as soon as it lands. These can be replayed like Outposts, with increasing difficulty level each time.

It's just a way better game design than FC5. I'd go as far to say I wish they'd come up with some of it's concepts way back in FC2 or 3. Companions don't talk you to death either, and they also don't constantly stop what they're saying, then repeat it. They still drive kinda crazy though.

GameGuru2018
03-02-2019, 11:38 AM
New Dawn's nature is a bit progress! Far Cry 5 flora is static. It doesn't move. No wind. That makes nature artificial. But in New Dawn there is a wind. Insects flying, also good. Little - but progress! I'm sure for Far Cry dynamic weather is Must Have. Because nature is so important for Far Cry. Rains, lighnings, thunders....make the game more alive, more immersive. Even Assassin's Creed Odyssey has rains. Spiders, grasshoppers, butterflies, bugs on the trees...must be a part of the game. Different birds singing. Biogeocenosis should be a strong part of the game. Night biogeocenosis also! Mostly people and animals are sleeping at night. But in the game no difference - the same behaviour. It must be changed. Moreover, there is a golden rule - night means artificial lighting. We must have flashlights in the game. Different types. Yes, moon is shining but there are still very dark places, in the forest or in the buildings. And enemies should see us worse at night and if we are in the dark place. These aspects should be taken into consideration. I suppose Far Cry 6 is already under development.....Developers, DYNAMIC WEATHER!

terry427
03-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Also, FC5 had 28 Prepper Stashes, ND only has 10. The Expeditions are like the Himalayan missions with the Sherpa in FC4 but using a helicopter in ND.
Being able to redo the Outposts for greater rewards is a nifty idea and the only hint of weird stuff is when Sharky gives you a drink of his home brew that knocks you out but only for a minute or so.