PDA

View Full Version : Ninja maps for score?...

ImDempsey
02-23-2019, 05:19 PM
If there are ninja maps included in the global score it is going to seriously discourage me to play :(

StormPsykoz
02-24-2019, 12:07 AM
Seeing as Ninja will most likely have its own leaderboard section (just like Trials/Stadium finals/Skill games do), it's not like you HAVE to compete on them to get a good total score.

JaminBen007
02-24-2019, 10:23 AM
Seeing as Ninja will most likely have its own leaderboard section (just like Trials/Stadium finals/Skill games do), it's not like you HAVE to compete on them to get a good total score.
The fact that there is a column for Ninja tracks included on the total scoreboard suggests Ninja tracks are included in your overall score, as well as skill games this time around.

Anyone know if thatís just for the beta?

StormPsykoz
02-24-2019, 02:31 PM
The fact that there is a column for Ninja tracks included on the total scoreboard suggests Ninja tracks are included in your overall score, as well as skill games this time around.

Anyone know if that’s just for the beta?

I know that. Ninja tracks will count towards global score in the full game, but one doesn't necessarily have to compete in all categories to be good. That's why there are separate leaderboards for each section.

LIONDEN1
02-24-2019, 05:25 PM
I hope ninja counts so i dont have to worry about trying to grind career, will be a game killer for 99% of everyone that plays. Not that i grind career anyway. Would be a huge mistake to have it included. But it seems like RL only listens to the top 1% anyway so it'll prob happen.

ImDempsey
02-24-2019, 06:09 PM

You will have to compete on them because they add the score categories together to make your global score.

ImDempsey
02-24-2019, 06:12 PM
I hope ninja counts so i dont have to worry about trying to grind career, will be a game killer for 99% of everyone that plays. Not that i grind career anyway. Would be a huge mistake to have it included. But it seems like RL only listens to the top 1% anyway so it'll prob happen.

Wait, I'm confused by what you said, you said 2 different things. You hope it counts, but it would but be huge mistake to have it included?

I agree that it would be a huge mistake to have it included, would ruin me wanting to grind for score, which is only reason I play trials.

LIONDEN1
02-24-2019, 06:17 PM
cause i'm tired of hearing Ninja people complain about EVERYTHING. I'm betting it wont be in there and it shouldnt be for the other 99% of people that dont do ninjas, they shouldnt be punished on the main leader boards because of the top 1%.

ParadoxIX2019
02-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Totally agree. I hope they get their heads straight and remove ninjas in global score.

StormPsykoz
02-24-2019, 10:50 PM
You will have to compete on them because they add the score categories together to make your global score.

Not exactly. There are multiple leaderboards in Rising; Global (All categories), Trials tracks, Stadium Finals, Skill games and Ninja tracks.

While the global LB does count your score in all four separate leaderboards, there is nothing forcing you to compete in that one (unless you ABSOLUTELY want to grind global and nothing else for jack-knows-what-reason). Can always stick to the Trials tracks leaderboard if that's what suits you better.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that people are complaining about Ninja tracks counting towards score, but not about Skill games counting towards score as well...

LIONDEN1
02-24-2019, 11:16 PM
maybe cause they didnt count in fusion so everyone figures they wont count in rising either.

JaminBen007
02-25-2019, 01:05 AM
maybe cause they didnt count in fusion so everyone figures they wont count in rising either.

But they DO count in Rising...

Toboe
02-25-2019, 01:30 AM
Yep this overall rank is completely different from how Fusion did it to begin with. Sorting by just Trials ranks is a lot closer to what it was in the previous games. I know the skill games being included will make me pay attention to global less.

By the way do we have any mention on how Ninja Tracks are included in Rising?

LIONDEN1
02-25-2019, 01:47 AM
pretty sure they arent, but if they were for some reason, they'd be removed pretty quickly like the unicorn tracks were in Fusion, skill games are a joke. I dont play for global score but a lot of people do and they will demand that they are removed.

mrjorts
02-25-2019, 01:54 AM
why would you play for global score when it includes categories you don't enjoy? previously people played for global score because it only counted trials tracks. now that leaderboard has been renamed "trials". what is the problem?

giantmoosefan
02-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Ninja tracks are just part of the game. If skill games and stadium finals go towards global score ninja tracks should too.

The purpose of the global leaderboards is to see how a player stacks up overall.

Just as a new player may like the easy, rollercoaster-like tracks and will struggle when the drive lines get technical with hard and extreme,
extreme players will have to adapt to a more technical challenge than they are used to.

Everything is still there, players can still speedrun and play skill games for points, but now there are extra points available if players are skilled enough to handle the challenge.

JaminBen007
02-25-2019, 02:37 PM
pretty sure they arent, .

They are in the beta, which suggests they will be included in the full game too.

LIONDEN1
02-25-2019, 11:35 PM
according to those already playing it, it will be separate.