PDA

View Full Version : New AC game?

NextGenHyena
02-23-2019, 11:42 AM
it has been 4 years since you've made an assassin's creed game. don't get me wrong, you have made rpgs but no new assassin's creed. just wondering when they are going to be made again (also don't do annual releases unless ur 100% sure it will not be like odyssey or origins.) make another ac syndicate because you got the controls and combat amazing, just don't let the sales be as bad as it was.

Patricia81994
02-23-2019, 11:47 AM
As far as I know there will be no other Assassin Creed game anymore you have to do with the way things are going with Origins and Odyssey. ;)

This is all pure speculation of course.

Olympus2018
02-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Ubisoft could be a pioneer by doing something original: Expand on Odyssey in the following years. Interconnect all those AC maps (Egypt, Greece etc.) and build more worlds to extend the ancient maps: From Egypt and Greece to ancient Rome (the whole Empire) plus Alexander the Great's empire to India.

ProdiGurl
02-23-2019, 01:04 PM
it has been 4 years since you've made an assassin's creed game. don't get me wrong, you have made rpgs but no new assassin's creed. just wondering when they are going to be made again (also don't do annual releases unless ur 100% sure it will not be like odyssey or origins.) make another ac syndicate because you got the controls and combat amazing, just don't let the sales be as bad as it was.
:confused: I'm sure they wished they had full control of what the sales would be in every game the company makes but obviously, no companies can control sales of the people.

And if sales were going down it just might have been a clue to Ubi heads that a new direction was needed (all issues of missed potential through the series aside)
- thus RPG and new types of game theme, content with overhauled combat and better AI.

It's semantics -
It's AC becuz Ubi owns the brand and they created Odyssey using all the AC aesthetics and Assassination.
They decided that the Title would be taken in a different direction and it's their right as the owners of it to do so and call it AC.

There's PLENTY of AC in Odyssey:
Synch points - iconic assassin crouch
Leap of Faith
Assassin Hood/selective gear
Eagle Vision
Parkour
Same Map system
Ancient era
POE broken spear
Assassin Abilities/weapons
ISU remnants in locations incl. tombs
Modern Day
and more.

It's Assassin's Creed. If you don't think it's enough AC to satisfy you, then so be it. But it's AC

Fret
02-23-2019, 08:47 PM

Unity is the game that stirred the pot way too much when it came to game mechanics; and Syndicate was the game that payed the price in sales. I'd guess Unity's sales were good because people were expecting an Assassin's Creed game that they all knew, only to find out how drastically different the combat system was. Then when Syndicate was launched most people likely thought, "Look, a new Assassin's Creed Unity. No thanks" and passed up that game.

Unity was the last Assassin's Creed game I played. I didn't even finish it. So much of Assassin's Creed was taken away with that game.

For me, AC3 was the pinnacle of the series. Blackflag was a good AC game, but the modern day story was lacking and this is when the fall started.

show_stoppa
02-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Syndicate was a terrible game. Boring and repetitive. Glad they abandoned that direction.

UbiCosmos
02-24-2019, 01:16 AM
Hey there NextGenHyena,

Welcome to the forums! :) Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts with us, we really do appreciate it. I am going to move this to the general AC forum, since this is not directly about Odyssey.

gbdeck200
02-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Yeah it be nice to get to the groove of the old style back
one city
restricted but purposeful parkour
Full sync missions - there just challenge quests effectively anyway
POE that is powerful and use sparingly like the apple
Not a stat based rpg
Eagle vision like before, not unlockable or an actual eagle
Black box missions, gave choice but also a defined route if u followed it

Vincent88NL
02-24-2019, 09:35 PM
I would like to see a second pirate themed AC. Black flag 2.0 More of Florida and maybe even to New York (acIII) the Caribbean more detailed and add a bit of South America for mayan folklore. Yess that huge.
It must be possible to conquer a ship and own it to sail it and upgrade it. It was always a dream to sail a man o war. And maybe ship skills to add smaller ships to your convoy. Of course treasure maps. Strange Rituals. Pirate curses. Ghost ships. Elite animals. And a territory war like odyssey to be a conquerer of Paradise and set the Caribbean free of Engeland and be independant.

Locopells
02-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Between AC Rogue and Skull & Bones, that probably won't happen...

esteves_PT
02-27-2019, 09:18 PM
I really want na Assssin's Creed set in the time of robin hood.

esteves_PT
03-03-2019, 04:14 PM
I would like to see another assassin's creed as well, this time during the spanish inquisition, like the movie.