PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the mid reload bug? Or problem?

xxsnoopiexx
02-22-2019, 10:35 PM
Loving the new far cry.

Having an issue with the mid reload with bolt type weapons, shotguns, snipers, etc. I haven't tested the snipers or other guns but definitely the shotguns aren't working how they should.

During loading of the shotgun pressing the fire button again cancels the next loaded shell but the gun automatically shoots a bullet right after, there is no way to cancel the shot and this gives away your position. Can we supply an option for this or a fix?

Gr4nt8r0dy
02-22-2019, 11:57 PM
why are pressing fire button if intention is not to fire weapon if you wish only to stop reloading you can switch weapons instead of pulling trigger

xxsnoopiexx
03-14-2019, 06:00 AM
why are pressing fire button if intention is not to fire weapon if you wish only to stop reloading you can switch weapons instead of pulling trigger

That's an extra step to switch to another weapon to only switch back to the shotgun during mid load. That doesn't seem realistic either.

Why not just stop reloading the shotgun when pressing fire? Or even the reload button.The enemy is constantly changing positions, one gets the jump on me mid reload, I press fire to cancel the next shell, enemy already ran away and I can't cancel the gun from firing so I just fire at a wall. Same thing for bolt action, your reloading but want to stop once the second shells in but you haven't gathered your bearings but you canceled the reload so the guns gonna fire automatically. Awesome.

This reload mechanism was in Wild Lands, counter strike, escape from tarkov, and probably many more with Bolt action snipers and shotguns. The ability to stop loading a shell midway without firing automatically. I guess it's a more tactical approach not seen in far cry? I swear it worked far cry 3 and 4.

I'm used to it now since playing through new dawn but man is it ever annoying.

crunc01
03-14-2019, 07:20 AM
have you ever held a real pump shot gun? trust me don't pull the trigger during reloading.. ;)

crunc01
03-14-2019, 07:26 AM
for those type instances when I rarely use a shot gun in the game I have a very powerful pistol on spot number1 then the shot gun next.. if I run out of ammo I hit "1" to take out who is the close threat.. then run to cover and reload the other.. then hit 2 to bring it back out.. but I'm on PC .. I don't know what the direct button to bring up a gun is for a console

cskiller86
03-14-2019, 01:41 PM
On consoles, you press Triangle / Y to switch to your last weapon.

And yeah, I don't agree with OP. Pressing the shoot button should make the weapon shoot; I mean, that's why I pressed it in the first place.
On the other hand, it would be nice if you could stop the reload process and pressing Reload would make sense for that.

Frag_Maniac
03-14-2019, 09:09 PM
I've not noticed such a problem.