PDA

View Full Version : MP Points - DNF in particular

WonkyJon-TFG
02-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but a thread on Reddit got me thinking. The system of giving points to players that don't finish a race can really skew the results.

EG: Player 1 DNF's but gets awarded 'second' and receives 6 points, then wins the next two races (14) for a total of 20 points. Player 2 who finished race 1 1st (7) and finished second in the next two (12) gets a total of 19 points and loses the tournament. So player 2 loses even though all three tracks were completed and player 1 wins having only completed two out of the three tracks.

What would be considered 'normal' is player 1 DNF's, gets 0 points (they didn't finish the race), wins the next two and gets 14 points total. Player 1 with a 1st/2nd/2nd result gets 19 points and the overall win.

Anyone else thinking along these lines?

UnEvolv3d
02-23-2019, 12:49 AM
Yeh I agree, the dnf's does seem s little unfair.
However, in the case of hard tracks I think dnf's will be expected as not everyone will finish.
Maybe half points if you dnf?
Or 1/4 points on easy, 1/3 points on medium and 1/2 on hard if you dnf?

Kadji100
02-28-2019, 01:19 PM
I thought that you would get a one point less than you would have if you finished? At least it looked like that when I was playing in the open Beta.

For example (point values are just an example, I don't know the exact values):
Finish 3rd -> 5 points.
DNF but be in 3rd place when the timer runs out -> 4 points