PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Like the Loot Crate System

dreampage
02-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Not because what you think. I don't have problems with random cosmetic-only items in the game. However, I have other, more technical problems with it at the current state:

- Loot crates regularly give the exact few items. I don't want to spend on random re-rolls. It's really annoying that even Challenger Crates give you the same clothing items over and over again. I even had crates that, when opened, gave the exact same item 2 times! I understand you can sell the duplicates but it's a cumbersome process and no matter how many crates you open, you get the same few items again.

- Opening crates is a tedious process. Both because the opening animation is ludricously long, and because the whole menu system is slow. Not responsive enough. It stutters, it doesn't immediately do what you want. When I have a bunch of crates I want to open them quickly, one by one, then go to the rider customization menu and quickly browse through what's new. But the menu system is slow, it even loads sometimes when entering the crate open menu etc. All this on an Xbox One X. I think the whole process should be quicker and smoother because right now it's just frustrating.

So as it is I don't like the crate system at all. I feel tedium as soon as I see that I have new crates again. It doesn't feel rewarding going through the same stuttering process and seeing the same items I already got, then selling them one by one. Even if the crates give you duplicate items there should be an option to sell them immediately upon opening the crate. Or something like that. Currently this feature is not fun and not exciting at all. I'd played the closed beta, too, and it was the same.

Daveb_2342
02-22-2019, 02:44 PM
There will be a lot more items in crates in the full game. I saw a video on YouTube of someone customising their character and there is a fair amount not in the beta.

Agreed that they could speed up the opening animation though. Or at least give the option to skip it.

Tigerriot
02-22-2019, 05:24 PM
I agree about the tedium of it all. I feel like I spend way too much time in this games menus than I do on the track. Staring at the avatars post race, staring at loot box animations, etc.

UbiKeeba
02-22-2019, 08:11 PM
I'm letting the team know the concerns regarding the length of the crate opening animation.

As far as the items contained within, keep in mind the beta is not the full version of the game but instead of it's a taste of what the full version will have to offer. :)