PDA

View Full Version : Aren't some diamond times too ridiculous?

TheOzzin
02-22-2019, 06:52 AM
As a completionist it just discourages me to play, because in previous trials games, getting all platinum medals was like my personal goal. I agree that most platinum times in previous games were way too easy (above top 1000) and the only difficult part was getting 0 fault on extreme/tournaments, but it was just motivating to gradually working towards 100%.

I know it's beta, but i'm curious if in full game it's gonna be the same or will they readjust it slightly to make it more accessible, but still challenging (like based on top 100th time)

StopwatchFun
02-22-2019, 09:53 AM
Diamond is looking like the “god-like perfection” award, achievable only by masters. I’m ok with that.

Gold= level of proficiency the average player should be able to achieve

Platinum= extra efficient, extremely proficient. For the die hards and the skilled.

Diamond= for those who want legends of them to be passed down for generations.

D2Dahaka
02-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Diamond needs to be extremely challenging, otherwise why even incude it?

StormPsykoz
02-22-2019, 03:12 PM
As said above, Diamond medals are designed that way. They aren't some medal you can just put a 30 minutes grind in and leave with your time's worth. They've been made to be unfathomably challenging.

ImDempsey
02-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Diamonds are meant to be very difficult. They are meant for top tier players.

UbiKeeba
02-22-2019, 08:23 PM
Diamond isn't going to be obtainable by everyone. It is the highest challenge.

SaneThe Legend
02-23-2019, 12:28 AM
Well Diamond's Are Like Trials Fusion Track Central SpeedRun Platnum Medals, Diamond stands for near perfect times or Good SpeedRuns, Even Ninja's 1 - 8 gonna have it for top tier players, I'm only a Ninja lvl 4 player, And quite good at speedRunning when I try ! But Constity In tracks matters cause, Inconstitin just make fast times harder to grind cause it's bad track design | anyways it's a good thing, even for Ninja's later on, I saw The Achievement / Trophies List it's a good List, I'm & most skilled players are going to 100% the first set of Trophies, I've 100% Trials Blood Dragon & Fusion + HD, Think of Blood Dragon Grade A+'s as Diamonds, And there's always World Record's after too, I wonder if diamonds in ninja, are they going to be the same or just like 0 fault ! I'll Just Master The Editor Like i've always done, I love recreating other games in the trials engine, So look forward to that, First Map I've Make Is Metroid Prime FPS ! Which I made 100's So Yeah, I can't wait to get good in all area's of the game ! :cool:

ihazfaults
02-23-2019, 02:31 AM
"As a completionist it just discourages me to play"

thats a pretty deep sentence man...
to me, the value of a game comes from desire to replay.

I believe it was Trials 2 SE on the PC that had the 1000 hours of gameplay achievement, or that along with Trials Evolution that awarded a select few Redlynx selected "True Fans" that gave those games additional deep replay value.

ImDempsey
02-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Meant to be.

ImDempsey
02-23-2019, 06:08 AM
You said in your post that it would be better if it was based on a top 100 time, but that will be MUCH harder when the game comes out. There are gonna be hundreds and after a while thousands of people with diamond medals when the game is actually out and getting a top 100 will be MUCH harder than getting diamond. I would say though that some diamonds are much harder than others, such as Ever, Everer, Everest.