PDA

View Full Version : Terrible screen tearing on Xbox One

Oregon_Pacifist
02-22-2019, 02:01 AM
I'm playing the beta on the PC and Xbox One. I have the original launch version of the Xbox One (not the S or the X) and some tracks have HORRIBLE screen tearing that is just incredibly distracting and looks awful. Is this something we can expect will be improved with the final release? Other than that, I really enjoy the beta. Great work overall, and the tracks are fantastic!

Kushland604
02-22-2019, 02:46 AM
Me 2 its really disappointing that im gonna need new system to build tracks cause its gonna lag so bad

Core2TOM
02-22-2019, 12:46 PM
i'm on the x and only noticed tearing on fastforwarding replays (on ANY track!) it was much worse in the closed beta.

Ubi-MrDrPink
02-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Thanks for reporting this issue!

Can you let me know which tracks this seems to happen on the most?

ZOMBIECHOW17
02-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Been having this issue on base xbox one as well. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I noticed that my son wasn't getting it as bad on his base xbox so checked where the game was installed. It was on his external hdd. Mine was on the internal hard drive so moved it to my external drive and it seems to have reduced the problem. Get no tearing on siberian skies, lynx world is much better. The only track it didn't help much on is hard hat zone. My external is a 1tb western digital passport ultra hdd. Might be worth trying this if you have an external hdd..

Oregon_Pacifist
02-23-2019, 06:32 PM
Hard Hat Zone and Lynx World have a couple of spots that almost always have screen tearing but the absolute worst offender is Rally of Kings (amazing track otherwise). Particularly, the part right before you land on the sliding block (than slides from left to right on a downward slope). I've also noticed that the tearing is 10x worse when you have the rider opacity turned up. The tearing was actually unbearable at first but when I turned the opacity all the way down, I could play mostly normally without these distracting artifacts!

ZOMBIECHOW17
02-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Yeah, forgot to try rally of the kings. Lynx world and siberian skies are definitely better on my external but hard hat and rally are still really bad. Not sure why it only helps on certain tracks..

Kushland604
02-24-2019, 01:11 AM
Im wonder if its the physics i find if the DL is moving it has screen tear?

Ubi-MrDrPink
02-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing these details, they've been forwarded on to the team! :)