PDA

View Full Version : So repetitive that it just feels tedious.

dapp3r-
02-22-2019, 01:05 AM
This has been my experience so far.

> Play through all of the tracks so that I can pass the extreme track.
> Go back to the track "Hard Hat Zone" because I noticed there was a Challenger Contract for it. The contract asked me to play the track 3 times, each beating a player that was 5 seconds slower than my personal best.
> Completed the contract and earned a Challenger Gear Crate.
> Finally decided to individually open each of the 30ish crates I had been putting off opening.
> Now my locker is full of duplicates that I'd rather not have but the only way to get rid of them is by selling them one by one.

How is this fun?

ImDempsey
02-22-2019, 04:45 AM
The contracts are also not my thing at all.

Rudhelm
02-22-2019, 12:45 PM
I somehow like the 3 Challenger Contracts because you have to be consistent.

dapp3r-
02-22-2019, 08:43 PM
Consistency is great. But my counterargument is that asking a player who took a just a few minutes to 0 fault the extreme track to be consistent on an easy/medium difficulty track isn't challenging, it's a snoozefest.

Unfortunate that there appear to be cosmetics tied to Challenger Gear Crates because playing the same track three times or doing X amount of backflips on a track time and time again sound like torture.

Oh well. I pre-ordered Rising for Track Central. As long as that hasn't changed a whole lot from Fusion then I'll be happy.

UbiKeeba
02-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Keep in mind that the Open Beta is just a taste of what the full version will bring, and therefore it is not completely representative of the final experience. :)

dapp3r-
02-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Yeah I know. Thanks Keeba!

I'm hoping there will be a larger variety of contracts in the full version. But more tracks also means more gear crates and more duplicates.

Please pass on that there needs to be a way to open all gear crates at once. As well as an option to select and sell multiple pieces of rider gear.

UbiKeeba
02-22-2019, 10:14 PM
The concern over the length of the crate animation is something I have made the dev team aware of.