PDA

View Full Version : As a WL main...

bannex19
02-21-2019, 08:43 PM
I am sad. The season 8 win matrix followed by the WL "rework" means there will be more wait and see before we see an actual proper rework.

The WL bluffs were nice but not enough to keep them off the bottom of your heap especially after nerfing the out of lock.

Seriously, you guys can't look at the BP and think the WL all block stance is remotely useful in comparison.

Fix the old heroes, this has gone way beyond ridiculous. It's clear some of the BPs moves were intended for WL. The WL has a shield flip execution ffs.

Legendarydanish
02-21-2019, 10:23 PM
These are very good points, I too was disappointed by his "rework" as he's still missing vital tools to compete a higher levels, he needs some form of unblockable chain finisher to force a reaction out of someone who's out of stamina :/

Also the points you make about his full block stance also ring true, he has no use for it while BP can use his to counter all but one thing and they may as well just remove full block from WL because it only gets you killed against people who understand how predicable his only options from it are

Don't worry brother, the warlords time will come

Siegfried-Z
02-22-2019, 12:24 AM
I am not sure WL need an UB attack.

He doesn't miss vital tools. Currently WL have many strong points :
-Decent 500ms lights chain
-A bash
-Still a good unlock tech
-A strong crushing counter now
-A very good undodgeable zone
-A nice amount HA

Of course, he still miss some things. But he is not in a that big troubles.

I think his headbutt should do 15dmg and his full block should be better(like having some real guaranteed punish). It would be enough.

I was surprised they didn't fix his full block tbh :/ he really need it.

To me WL still need a slight buff To be good.

FlyinBeef
02-22-2019, 12:50 AM
I am not sure WL need an UB attack.

He doesn't miss vital tools. Currently WL have many strong points :
-Decent 500ms lights chain
-A bash
-Still a good unlock tech
-A strong crushing counter now
-A very good undodgeable zone
-A nice amount HA

Of course, he still miss some things. But he is not in a that big troubles.

I think his headbutt should do 15dmg and his full block should be better(like having some real guaranteed punish). It would be enough.

I was surprised they didn't fix his full block tbh :/ he really need it.

To me WL still need a slight buff To be good.

-Decent 500ms? Really? It works only on consoles with delay, on PC it is easy block.
-Bash is very weak, 12dmg, no delay, low stamina pressure, it is an opener that gives more damage to WL than for an opponent.
-Unlcok tech doesn't work because it is 500ms, it is possible to constantly dodge it, because of long preparing and time to concentrate.
-Usuall crushing counter, not the strongest one.
-Undodgable zone which work only when enemy scarried of 12dmg head.
-The one good thing he have, but isn't an opener.

And giving him powerfullier bash is very bad idea, it makes this game more cancer and doesn't make him stronger on high level. Openers must be openers even on high level ranked and tournaments. He need something special, the good idea would UB heavy finishers with soft-feint into gb for example.

Siegfried-Z
02-22-2019, 01:10 AM
-Decent 500ms? Really? It works only on consoles with delay, on PC it is easy block.
-Bash is very weak, 12dmg, no delay, low stamina pressure, it is an opener that gives more damage to WL than for an opponent.
-Unlcok tech doesn't work because it is 500ms, it is possible to constantly dodge it, because of long preparing and time to concentrate.
-Usuall crushing counter, not the strongest one.
-Undodgable zone which work only when enemy scarried of 12dmg head.
-The one good thing he have, but isn't an opener.

And giving him powerfullier bash is very bad idea, it makes this game more cancer and doesn't make him stronger on high level. Openers must be openers even on high level ranked and tournaments. He need something special, the good idea would UB heavy finishers with soft-feint into gb for example.

I've point these things to show he doesnt miss something really vital. It is not like if he had 600ms lights, no bash and no HA.
He has some strenghts, but he still need a slight buff. That's my only point.

About his bash i disagree it would be cancer to buff it. You said yourself his bash is weak, so why would it be cancer to slighly buff it To 15dmg?
Compare to others bash, his current 12dmg is pretty unfair.

In comparaison, adding another UB To the game then would change something. Because this is again one more UB To deal with. But his bash already exist, so why not just buff it? At least on par with others bash.

I also mention they should buff his full block and give him proper punishes from that.

That would be enough, WL is already correct with the last buff he got.

Jastorm187
02-22-2019, 01:12 AM
I knew this was coming when they release the notes on warlord buff. (it was a buff, not a rework). They brought his damage up to match the other characters but nerfed CC (as was needed) but giving his kit no help. Useless parry counter and full block. Open hits 12 damage that combos into nothing and punish if wiffed is gb. He is now the worst heavy in the game. However devs consider it a buff... So here is the timeline now.

Well, earliest we will see anything is season 12.
They will wait for S9 data which wont be released until S10, then if we are lucky, they start rework in S11 to release in S12.... Considering we waited multiple seasons at the bottom before getting our buff... I dont have high hopes.

Hormly
02-22-2019, 02:37 AM
Fix his fullblock (that it's still non functional is ridiculous)

Fix his parry counter

Do these two things and I'd consider it enough to return to the game.

bannex19
02-22-2019, 04:13 AM
500ms light chain = git punished lol

WL needs an anti gank component to his all block. He also needs an UB of some kind to force a reaction besides hb or at the very least make HB soft feintable into his shield punch that he gets off parry but make that undodgeable and slightly delayed and have that still stun and guarantee a light.

Legendarydanish
02-22-2019, 12:30 PM
He needs the UB to crack open turtles, you don't have to parry a single attack to beat a WL currently and it means no matter how much they pressure you you can just sit and block everything and be ready for his head butt which is an easy dodge/punish, just one UB heavy combo finisher so that he can force a reaction from someone whom you've sapped the stamina out of instead of them countering every attempt at a punish because the WL has no real mix up capabilities

UbiInsulin
02-22-2019, 11:50 PM
I am sad. The season 8 win matrix followed by the WL "rework" means there will be more wait and see before we see an actual proper rework.

The WL bluffs were nice but not enough to keep them off the bottom of your heap especially after nerfing the out of lock.

Seriously, you guys can't look at the BP and think the WL all block stance is remotely useful in comparison.

Fix the old heroes, this has gone way beyond ridiculous. It's clear some of the BPs moves were intended for WL. The WL has a shield flip execution ffs.

What additional buffs do you think would take WL to the level you want?

For clarification: the changes were never described as a full rework by us.

Jastorm187
02-23-2019, 02:47 AM
Well What additional buffs do you think would take WL to the level you want?

Every WL thread says it, a guaranteed heavy to punish those that hit our full block. Conq has one, BP has one, hell even aramusha gets one. WL deserves one, we get a 12 damage stab that isnt even guaranteed! It can be blocked.

Shield counter combo is also needing a buff to ve useful. Parry a heavy, get a 25 dmg zone, parry a light, get a 35 dmg side heavy.... Or we can use shield counter combo for a stun and 12 dmg. Make the shield counter do 13 dmg, then with the shield counter combo we get the same 25 dmg as a zone so the punish isnt any more damage but gives us the opition. Makes shield counter combo viable.

As a bonus Access to an unblockable attack would be nice. Headsplitter leap is my vote.

Vendelkin
02-23-2019, 03:10 AM
Every WL thread says it, a guaranteed heavy to punish those that hit our full block. Conq has one, BP has one, hell even aramusha gets one. WL deserves one, we get a 12 damage stab that isnt even guaranteed! It can be blocked.

Shield counter combo is also needing a buff to ve useful. Parry a heavy, get a 25 dmg zone, parry a light, get a 35 dmg side heavy.... Or we can use shield counter combo for a stun and 12 dmg. Make the shield counter do 13 dmg, then with the shield counter combo we get the same 25 dmg as a zone so the punish isnt any more damage but gives us the opition. Makes shield counter combo viable.

As a bonus Access to an unblockable attack would be nice. Headsplitter leap is my vote.

Just a clarification. Aramusha doesnt jave a giaranteed heavy. Even the quick top one can be blocked.

Jastorm187
02-23-2019, 04:05 AM
Just a clarification. Aramusha doesnt jave a giaranteed heavy. Even the quick top one can be blocked.

Thanks for the clarification on aramousha, havent played him in a while

Hormly
02-23-2019, 06:17 AM

Has anyone else reached the point where reading questions like this make you want to pull your hair out?

Tyrjo
02-23-2019, 08:24 AM

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

GrimBlitzer
02-23-2019, 08:24 AM
As of late, every WL I face turtles hard. Before they just came at you with aggression, now it's a staring match. Actually, the same can be said for most of the encounters online.

bannex19
02-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Would you like him to come at you with his 500ms lights or ultra predictable head butt? He turtles because his offense is nonexistent. The only thing that worked was a 300ms out of lock charge that was nerfed.

The only reliable thing to do is WL is block basically.

GrimBlitzer
02-23-2019, 07:19 PM
That's why he needs a better rework so he doesn't need to rely on the turtle meta. I thought that was obvious.