PDA

View Full Version : AMD Phenom support?

MMaRsu
02-21-2019, 08:11 PM
So I tried installing the beta, pretty excited since I've been playing Trials since the first one came out for Xbox and I started making maps for them.

Now the beta crashes on startup, with a weird error stating that the game crashed (duh)

Is this a problem with SSE 4.1 like many other recent Ubisoft games that do not support a Phenom AMD CPU?

I can run Battlefield V, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2 on this pc without any issues. The hardware isn't the problem here.

It's that your DRM uses SSE 4.1 and you refuse to fix this for Phenom users ( yeah I'm making assumptions, please correct me if I'm wrong ).

So.. Phenom support yes or no?

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with crashes.As stated in another thread, I am not aware of there being a connection between SSE 4.1 instructions and these crashes, but I will keep an eye on the issue and reach out to the team for further information. Please perform the steps in our PC crashing FAQ (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faqs/000025947) if you haven't at this time.

EddyGenesis
02-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Same game crash after start 2-3 second.
amd phenom II x4 965
750ti

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 09:00 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I'm sorry you are unable to launch Trials Rising at this time.

I've reached out to our team about this matter. Please perform the PC steps above and let me know if they help.

Jackjan70
04-11-2019, 02:06 PM
I'm having the same problem with a Phenom II X6 1100T.

All the older Trials games work without problems.