PDA

View Full Version : PS4 fps drops

Jutub
02-21-2019, 07:00 PM
I was very hype about new trials but after beta im not sure to buy it,
i have big freezes in menu,score screen, animations etc,
lag...sound...video that looks bike unlock, loadings are little to long too in my opinion,
its so hard to release smooth and polished game? trials isnt massive game like gta or rdr to get that problems
i play on ps4 slim, its possible to be better in release day?
propably ill still buy game but im little disappointed atm

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles with performance. Please perform the steps in our PS4 guide (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025501/General-PS4-Troubleshooting/) and let me know if it has an effect on the issues you are seeing.

ImDempsey
02-22-2019, 04:37 AM
Other people aren't having this issue, so it's not too fair to say the game isn't smooth and polished. Not sure what would be causing it for you.

HDBeamy
02-22-2019, 07:48 AM
Iíve had a few stutters on the PS4 open beta, no crashes but while playing a level I sometimes (not always) get a stutter where the game freezes for like have a second and then continues, love the game though

Ubi-Shikallum
02-22-2019, 11:06 AM
I’ve had a few stutters on the PS4 open beta, no crashes but while playing a level I sometimes (not always) get a stutter where the game freezes for like have a second and then continues, love the game though

Have you tried the troubleshooting in the link above?

Tigerriot
02-22-2019, 05:09 PM
I've also had stutters on my PS4 Pro. I've seen this reported by many people on other forums. They're very brief stutters, like the game just hangs for a quarter of a second. The construction site track in the beta is one track that shows it every time. Right before the big wrecking ball you get a hiccup.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the additional report Tigerriot, were you able to try the troubleshooting steps above?

Tigerriot
02-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the additional report Tigerriot, were you able to try the troubleshooting steps above?

The link you provided first talks about the game crashing. That is not the problem here.

I don't believe all the people who've reported this issue have console issues. I believe it's an issue with the game.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-22-2019, 05:56 PM
I do appreciate that however it's important to rule out any variables. Please let me know if the issue persists after working through the steps in the support article.

Tigerriot
02-22-2019, 05:59 PM
I do appreciate that however it's important to rule out any variables. Please let me know if the issue persists after working through the steps in the support article.

I appreciate your assistance, but you what would be a far simpler way to get to the bottom of this? Rather than ask dozens of customers to go and tinker with their console and rebuilding databases you could have a Ubisoft employee, or a developer simply load up that construction site track and report back here if they're seeing any stutters as we've mentioned.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-22-2019, 06:08 PM
We're asking to perform these initial troubleshooting steps so that we can include that in our reports to the development team. We need as much information and context as possible in order to get this investigated properly :)

Tigerriot
02-23-2019, 05:35 PM
I moved the beta file from the external hard drive to the inernal hard drive. Exact same hitching in the exact same places. I’m sure this is an issue with the game now.

I just hope it’s fixed in the final game.

UbiMorning
02-23-2019, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the update @Tigerriot. Could you provide how much space you have left on your internal drive?

Tigerriot
02-23-2019, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the update @Tigerriot. Could you provide how much space you have left on your internal drive?
Itís less than 50%

Ubi-Swaggins
02-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Hey Tigerriot,

Can you confirm the tracks that you receive the frame drops on? or is it many different ones?

Are you on a regular PS4 or the Pro?

Cheers