PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Frame Drop at the beginning of EVERY race

Manujito
02-21-2019, 03:34 PM
At the start of EVERY SINGLE race, there's a huge (and fast) frame drop as soon as the countdown ends and the race begins. It's annoying to experience, even though after that the game runs just fine. If I restart the track mid-race the problem does not appear.

Can provide a screenshot with frametime statistic if it helps, or maybe a video.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-21-2019, 06:50 PM
A video would be much appreciated! Thanks for the report in the first instance :)

Manujito
02-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Ok, here it is (i left the statistics in the top left, it may be useful):

https://youtu.be/rv-ufRlIEtk

As you can see, there is a noticeable frame drop right at the beginning of the race, while a restart seems to be fine (I actually encountered the same problem on some occasional restart in other tracks).
I let the video run a little bit more to show you another issue, which might be completely fine: every time I go in the video settings, the game freezes for about a second, you can see it clearly in the video. I don't know if that's normal.

Furthermore, every time I close the game, Uplay prompt me to send a crash report, like the game didn't close itself properly.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-21-2019, 08:36 PM
Thanks a lot for the video! The crash report on exit has also been reported.

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 08:45 PM
We appreciate the video! That really helps. Let me know if there is any effect from verifying the game (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025650/Verify-Game-In-Uplay?fallback=en_GB) in Uplay.

Please also let me know if you are using a desktop or laptop (specifically whether you have an integrated graphics card).

Manujito
02-21-2019, 08:45 PM
No problem, I would just like to know if the frame drops and microstutters are a problem on my end that I can fix. Or if it's just the game being poorly optimized.

Manujito
02-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Just read your last message. Will try verifing the files, although I already uninstalled and installed again on a different drive.
I'm using a Desktop but not using the integrated GPU as the main one of course, playing with a GTX 1080.

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 08:52 PM
It's important to note that Ubisoft titles keep the game saves on the C: drive. Where is Uplay installed. Where is Trials installed?

Manujito
02-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Just tried verifying the files, no changes.

The game is now installed in the System drive (C:). Uplay is also on the system drive.

Let me know if you need detailed computer specs.

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Let me know if this issue persists if you temporarily disable Windows Defender and try a race.

Manujito
02-21-2019, 09:07 PM
Disabled Real Time Protecion, no change.

UbiMorning
02-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Hey Manujito! Are you able to provide your MSINFO and dxdiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/Details/kA030000000emSbCAI?name=how-to-submit-dxdiag-and-msinfo-files) for this issue?

Manujito
02-23-2019, 01:32 AM
I just submitted both files through the form provided in the guide you linked. Ticket N. 08116896

Yesterday I actually spoke to a friend of mine regarding this issue, and he has the same problem as me, with a different configuration.

Let me know.

UbiMorning
02-23-2019, 08:59 PM
@Manujito It does appear that you have integrated graphics on your PC. You may have chosen your NVIDIA GPU to be the dedicated GPU, but there is a known issue that the game is not picking the dedicated GPU and still goes for the integrated GPU. I have passed your files on to the Trials team for investigation. Thanks for the report!

Manujito
02-23-2019, 09:46 PM
Yeah except that's not the issue here. The game uses the correct graphics card, it just drops frames at the beginning of every race, as shown in the video I posted. And as I said, it's the exact same for a friend of mine with a different setup.

Brownd55
02-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I have this issue as well, on virtually every race.

Uploaded my dxdiag/msinfo on ticket 08124955

Manujito
02-26-2019, 02:21 AM
I'm just adding up to say that in the final version this issue is actually fixed. I didn't think it would, but it is. So happy to report this... ;)

The video settings panel "freeze" is also fixed, and V-Sync disabled doesn't affect performance anymore...thank you.