PDA

View Full Version : Monster Mash

addzssdd
02-21-2019, 03:13 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with the Monster Mash stadium final i've been playing trials for about 3 years now so i think im a decent-ish player and can usually get gold on extreme tracks but i can not pass this hard stadium finals.

thechantacular
02-21-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm having the same trouble. I've never had too much issue with hard tracks in trials but the Monster Mash supercross seems way too difficult to me. I guess we don't know what stage it will end up at in the final game, but new players don't stand a chance on this.

Rudhelm
02-21-2019, 04:50 PM
When i went back to the single stages it turned even worse. Ive got a over the top oponent performing slides and all crazy time savers so i did not atand any chance.

I hope this does not turn down beginners an prevent rhem from buying the game.

MIK_1287
02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Same here too! I am just guessing, but could it be, that i cant unlock all tracks because i cant pass the stadium final? Somewhere i read that there should be 18 tracks in the beta, but i just unlocked 7.

addzssdd
02-21-2019, 06:42 PM
I managed to do this in the end after many failed attempts i thought i did it perfect but only just about got bronze medal once you complete it you unlock the last level which is the extreme one

holderuphigh
02-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Surely being hard is a good thing for experienced players? My fear going into this was that it would be too easy as I had mastered Fusion.
I am enjoying the trickiest tracks on the beta because they are testing me. If I nailed it first time I would have been disappointed.

addzssdd
02-21-2019, 07:15 PM
I dont mind it being hard it adds replay value but this seemed pretty impossible and its only a hard track

Rudhelm
02-21-2019, 07:40 PM
I would say im experienced as well. All Extremes Gold, Inferno IV and Meteorain 10 faults, WOTM 6 faults, four national records on hard and medium tracks. But this Stadium Thing is too hard. And the very long loading times in the stadium kill the motivation to grind it. In other Tracks the loading at least seems way quicker.

I too read something about 18 Tracks in the Beta. And i unlocked the HongKong Harbor wirhout finishing the Stadium.

Kushland604
02-21-2019, 08:37 PM
I couldn't do it and I've played every trials game.

uncle_jam
02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Can't even reach the final where its one on one. I got silver on the extreme track on my second try. So Stadium Final = Ninja Track?

holderuphigh
02-21-2019, 09:28 PM
I thought id done the final... Nope I had not!
I got gold on each of stages, but for the life of me o can't win in the final of monster mash! Is it meant to be that hard?!

mrjorts
02-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Is everyone being matched against a player called "Top Canine"? I'm guessing the beta might be hard coded to use a specific replay, whereas the final game is supposed to pull other players from around your skill level. As for the difficulty, it did take me a couple tries to beat the finals, but it's more like the difficulty of tournaments in previous Trials games. It's more about consistency than the individual difficulty of the tracks. I wouldn't say that it's more difficult than an extreme, just that it's a different skill set to practice.

Edit: According to this other thread (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2000669-Monster-Mash-Issue) it's possible you're being ranked against top replays, so I guess I was wrong. If that's the case, then yes, I would say it's too difficult. I don't think it's intended that you have to set a world record to progress in the game, though, so hopefully it will be resolved.

MIK_1287
02-22-2019, 06:53 AM
After a lot of grinding i have beaten "Top Canine". But nothing changes for me, no new tracks, no new series... this is curious, because i thought i read somewhrer that there will be 18 tracks in the beta. Then i checked my player profile. It says 12/12 tracks unlocked... hm... I also saw on youtube a guy playing the beta, but he had other tracks than me, a lot more set in Europe.

Daveb_2342
02-22-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm glad I found this. I thought at first I was just out of practice but it seems that you need to do a pretty much perfect speed run to win this. I'm no ninja trials player but the final does seem way too difficult.

I'm hoping it's like this because there aren't many people's times to race against and after release the difficulty will be better matched to ability. Still, as is, I can see this potentially putting off newbies.

Otherwise I'm really liking the game. Very much looking forward to the bike customisation.

StormPsykoz
02-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Regarding the "Top Canine" bot. It may be a little too extreme for newcomers, and even for a few players with prior Trials experience.

Tigerriot
02-22-2019, 05:21 PM
This event is way too difficult. Gave up.

UbiKeeba
02-22-2019, 08:06 PM
We address the difficulty of Monster Mast in our Known Issues thread here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1982775-Known-Issues-UPDATED-Feb-22?p=13889203#post13889203