PDA

View Full Version : Civilians not all cones, there's hope yet.

terry427
02-20-2019, 07:12 PM
After playing for 41 hours I finally found a civilian who wasn't one of the four clones. A black dude with greyish straight hair and a full beard, came across him while hunting Monstrous Cougars.

Sparhawk122
02-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Recently visited USA Montana. I think I saw one African American as it is a rural caucasian dominated area. Over 90% of the demographic is white. Yet in this game it seems like 50% or more of the ingame NPCs are African American? I don't understand...

The_Father_Xmas
02-21-2019, 07:37 AM
Recently visited USA Montana. I think I saw one African American as it is a rural caucasian dominated area. Over 90% of the demographic is white. Yet in this game it seems like 50% or more of the ingame NPCs are African American? I don't understand...

It's a Ubisoft game. They seem to believe their games promote diversity.

But here's the thing... They never include feminine women in their games at all, and there are a LOT of women in society who are either naturally feminine, or choose to be feminine. So excluding them (and only having butch/masculine women in their games) is excluding an entire demographic of people, which, by definition, is the OPPOSITE of diversity.

Sparhawk122
02-21-2019, 08:57 AM
It's a Ubisoft game. They seem to believe their games promote diversity.

But here's the thing... They never include feminine women in their games at all, and there are a LOT of women in society who are either naturally feminine, or choose to be feminine. So excluding them (and only having butch/masculine women in their games) is excluding an entire demographic of people, which, by definition, is the OPPOSITE of diversity.

I took a walk down the street and saw better looking women then what are depicted in their games. It is weird their exclusion of feminine attractive women. And goes to add wood to the fire that instead of just making good games they are pushing a idealogy. Kind of like that actor from Empire and CNN, Washington Post etc...

Why don't they base demographics and such off the actual demographics of those locations as they are currently instead of forcing diversity because they dislike the majority white male populations.

I've noticed they are doing the same thing with The Division 2 based in Washington DC. The game portrays Washington DC as being a 50% or more African American population. In real life it would be lucky to be 1/10th.

This thinking coming into games and media is annoying and alienating. Keep games and media grounded and correct to real world demographics. Doing so will benefit the immersion of story and setting. The reverse ruins immersion and adversely impacts story telling. Look what has transpired with Bioware and Mass Effect Andromeda plus now Anthem.