PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 360 controller on PC....and no its not the steam version

akilyoung
02-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Guys, I can only get the game to recognize my controller if I totally reboot my PC. Uplay recognizes it, but the game doesnt.

And guess what...I went into FC5 and its doing the same thing!

So the issue isnt limited to ND only.

I have them both on Uplay only, not Steam. Steam isnt even running on my PC while I am playing. Never had this issue before I installed ND.

I have a feeling that even though Uplay sees the controller, theres a disconnect between the uplay and the game, and its probably still on the uplay end of things, otherwise FC5 would be fine.

Its renderd both games essentially useless cause I am not shutting down my PC every time I want to play.

Its not the controller cause it works fine in my GFW games like Forza.

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Hey there akilyoung, I'm afraid New Dawn doesn't support the 360 controller.

akilyoung
02-19-2019, 10:16 PM
WHAT?!

I have a corded 360 controller plugged into my pc, that works flawlessly with every game, including fc5, or did.

And it works flawlessly with nd, when it works, which is not very often. This is definitely a bug.

This is not a 360 controller from an actual xbox, it's the windows corded version.

akilyoung
02-19-2019, 10:17 PM

So if it doesn't work with this, i cant fathom it working with any other gamepad, cause this is the most used gamepad on the pc platform.

UbiGabrinth
02-19-2019, 10:55 PM
I'm sorry for any frustration. I will reach out to report this issue. Please note that Gumdrops is correct that the Xbox 360 controller is not on our list of supported peripherals (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000040493/Supported-peripherals-for-Far-Cry-New-Dawn-FCND).

Dboy4778
02-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Time to go to game stop! Tip: Get a wireless DS 4 or Xbox One. Why ? If you accidentally disconnect with a wired controller in UPLAY you must restart the game before able to continue.

akilyoung
02-20-2019, 12:20 PM
I have a PS4, and DS4. But I dont have a bluetooth card in my PC. Maybe ill try plugging the DS4 in via usb and see how that works out.

akilyoung
02-20-2019, 12:23 PM
I'm sorry for any frustration. I will reach out to report this issue. Please note that Gumdrops is correct that the Xbox 360 controller is not on our list of supported peripherals (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000040493/Supported-peripherals-for-Far-Cry-New-Dawn-FCND).

Thanks.

Yes, I bet if you did a survey of those who use controllers on PC, that the 360 controller is the most used. It was WIDELY distributed for many years. Most people bought them years ago (like myself) and still use them cause they are durable and work great. No need to replace something that works on literally every other game out there and that is instantly recognized by windows.

UbiGabrinth
02-21-2019, 12:44 AM
We appreciate your feedback on this. Let me know if the PS4 or DS4 don't work for you.