PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Special Operation 4

Ubi-Alien
02-19-2019, 11:56 AM
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/GRW/specop4_head.jpg

Hello Ghosts,

Your support during Year 2 of Ghost Recon Wildlands has been truly incredible and we’re so excited for you to get your hands on the next Special Operation. Our last update for Year 2 of Wildlands, Special Operation 4, will be dropping on Wednesday, February 27.

Special Operation 4 will feature brand-new content for PvE and PvP players, community-requested features, and more.

PvE Mode and Reward: Special Operation 4 contains a brand new PvE mode that will test your endurance. Upon completing the mode for the first time, you will receive an outfit set.

http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/GRW/newpvemode.png

PvP Class and Maps: Another soldier is ready to join the fight. Ghost War will get one additional class, as well as two new maps.

Year 2 Pass: Year 2 Pass holders will get a free pack containing customization items and a weapon, as well as early, direct access to the new Ghost War class starting on February 27 for one week.

Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode: Players will now be able to change their Time of Day via a new setting option in solo campaign mode and solo Ghost Mode.

Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.

Prestige Crate Update: Drop rates modified to be more generous for higher rarity items.

Custom Match Browser: You will be able to create and browse custom matches based on your selected criteria.

Challenges: We are moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges (three Solo, one Task Force, and one Community Challenge) with increased Prestige Credit rewards.

Completing a certain number a Daily Challenges per week will grant you additional rewards, such as Prestige Crates and a Battle Crate.

PvP Events: Two new Events added to the pool.

We will have more intel to share with you soon.

Stay tuned, Ghosts.

ual002
02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Well, I'm glad to see they are adding Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode support. I was really hoping for AI weapon customization though. Lets hope this new PVE mode will have a ton of the features we've been requesting. I feel like there is more to be said in the near future about that.

420JJ
02-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Update sounds great!! Being able to change the time of day is something this game needed day 1. New pve mode sounds cool. Thanks!

KunninPlanz
02-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Judging by that pic, the new PvE mode is a horde mode. And where's all the new weapons?

Oompa--Loompa.
02-19-2019, 07:19 PM
to me it looks like a clean up final update by the looks of it

GAP_Computer
02-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Judging by that pic, the new PvE mode is a horde mode. And where's all the new weapons?

hope they aren't freaking zombies

PENASHE
02-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Good to see an update but... I was really hoping for all the maps in GW to be playable in each mode. Also no new weapons or attachments for previous classes? As a player who was finished with all the PVE before GW even came out, there's so much in PVE that has never made it's way to PVP, seems like a waste of alot of work. The events still lack imagination, how about a shotgun duel, support class duel, no scopes battle, crossbows only, custom class battle (any weapon, any perk, any ability) etc....?

GAP_Computer
02-19-2019, 09:04 PM
1 ) thanks for this, i really really thankful for this much needed change.... Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.
2) see to believe, if in a month we have repeated challenges then what we can expect from this? ......We are moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges

DastFight
02-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Why would we need horde mode in Wildlands? I really hope it's something different.
Horde-like gameplay is easy to achieve in the usual mode, just shooting everyone.
Maybe there will be a ton of options for it, will see...

Virtual-Chris
02-20-2019, 09:43 AM
I’m pretty disappointed if the new Mode is a defensive horde mode... we already have that with the Unidad and the Rebel radio side missions and it gets boring or you die very quickly at harder difficulties. It’s my least favourite mode of play. I think it’s another sign that Ubisoft is out of touch with their customers. I’ve not seen any requests for this Mode in PVE.

I was hoping for something to keep me playing the campaign as I’m getting bored of doing all the same missions time and time again. I guess it’s time to move on.

A great parting gift would have been a mission generator.

It would also have been nice to add AI Team customization to Fallen Ghosts (or even just the option to turn them off) as I think that has more replayability for me, but doing it again with the three hillbillies is not interesting from a role play perspective.

The time of day thing is probably a copy paste thing from photo mode. Strangely, Ubisoft really missed an opportunity for some amazing publicity and fan marketing earlier in the games life by not having photo mode from day 1. Strange decision to add it after 2 years. The time of day thing is too little too late. Few people will probably play the campaign again, and if you do, you’ve played it so many times you can do each mission blindfolded night or day... time of day is irrelevant for me and probably many other veterans.

The only good thing to look forward to is some new cosmetics, but after what they did with the last Crye helmet, I have no expectations of anything good.

Bring on the next game please!

GAP_Computer
02-20-2019, 11:59 AM
I’m pretty disappointed if the new Mode is a defensive hoard mode... we already have that with the Unidad and the Rebel radio side missions and it gets boring or you die very quickly at harder difficulties. It’s my least favourite mode of play. I think it’s another sign that Ubisoft is out of touch with their customers. I’ve not seen any requests for this Mode in PVE.

you didn't see anyone asking for this, but i pretty sure you saw people asking for zombies, so in the eyes of ubi there you have the zombies hordes, a bunch of cartel on drugs ragging against you :p

KillerStranger
02-20-2019, 03:28 PM
Should change the shooting animation by a similar to the division, when there are enemies nearby or shoot, the character changes to a combat position, that detail makes you feel more immersive in the action.
- Add more personalization slots like belts
- Separate the accessory masks from the neck
- Tactical pants as an elite soldier (pants inside the boot)
- Tactical bag (the one that is put on the leg)
- Watches
- Some skins should be able to choose up to 2 or 3 colors to make it more customizable
- Add random missions on the map, invade a base, steal a file or put microphones without being seen, extraction of a narco or a civil, etc.
- Tripod for sniper rifles

martbloke88
02-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Glad this was traded in a long time ago. Only good thing was the world and how beautiful it looked! Next game needs to be more Ghost Recon than this.

Jobby_Dip
02-21-2019, 02:04 AM
Please add battle belts and allow us to to change ai weapons also fallen ghosts, allow us to change team mates gear already, oh and to carry one bloody primary weapon i never need another weapon specially when you can change it in the pause menu at any time and map editor to create own pve missions would be great. Thank you

Uncensored6505
02-21-2019, 05:13 AM
I would like to see a option within the game where while we are playing we can switch out of first and third person. Like when Running, Walking, Driving etc.

J1N4ED
02-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Great news, thanks a lot for the dev team for pushing left the deadline for new update for us not to wait for mid match as planned before. Hopefully that hasn't led to rushed content & feature development and will be nice + I'm hoping on some fixes for stuff from previous updates like grenade launcher for AK-74 and Dokkaebi's butt.

Staying tuned for more news!

SoviKing
02-21-2019, 05:22 PM
Time change is actually something i would appreciate more. Always love the nighttime, makes the sneaking feels more fun.

Micheal1012013
02-24-2019, 10:07 AM
also makes it significantly easier too lol

MikeWeeks
02-25-2019, 04:52 PM
Alien: Isn't the specific time for the drop known yet?

J1N4ED
02-25-2019, 05:51 PM
So it's like 2 days before patch and there is still no detailed info and\or patch notes :confused:

Josergll414
02-26-2019, 12:52 AM
maybe they delay it another week

ReZZiD
02-27-2019, 04:31 PM
I really hope this update fixes the RTX loadout crash...

NOPE nevermind, it did not.

this is ongoing since september, yet no fix in sight... well played ubisoft...

DASH231095
02-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Where is the year two rewards for those who have played the game in year two? Meant to be the parachute and the FAL rifle?? I have the year 2 pass, play the game a few times every week, big fan of the game, as I've played throughout year 2like many players myself and others are entitled to these loyalty rewards on the ubisoft club, so where are they? This happened with spec ops 3 update, we were told and you advertised that we would get the gr wildlands team icons, so midas, holt, weaver, nomad icons on the ubisoft club but they never arrived and now the year 2 rewards are not on the ubisoft club, dmwhy advertise something you can't deliver on the day of the update release, just take the time to ensure that you can deliver what you advertise and when you adversitse it's release, otherwise people get hyped up for something and left bitterly dissapointed when they have been mislead.
I still love the game etc but I do wish you guys took more time to ensure you can provide the finished product and what was advertised to us

Tsuan_Pao
02-27-2019, 10:53 PM
Free Year 2 rewards in Ubisoft Club Coming March 7th as advertised in the video & the patch notes.

zarmor
02-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Well, I'm glad to see they are adding Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode support. I was really hoping for AI weapon customization though. Lets hope this new PVE mode will have a ton of the features we've been requesting. I feel like there is more to be said in the near future about that.

Same here !! I was really hoping to see the AI weapon's customization feature…. This has been requested by many fans but we still don't have it. I guess it won't happen now....

Anyway a few new features nonetheless ! Thanks for the update Ubisoft

georgesebolt
02-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Guerilla mode is fun however when playing in coop our team is kicked apart each time we all die and we have to re-invite our squad members. This can become tedious. Can you consider making a change to keep our party together so we do not have to re-invite everyone each time we fail on Guerilla Mode?

Dino-Valletta
02-28-2019, 11:57 PM
How about making the photo mode drone inverted look just like you can with the normal drone. Drives me nuts thst this isnt an option or something Ubi didnt even consider

CrockfordCK
03-01-2019, 01:54 AM
The M110 Sniper rifle is either broken, or a bad joke. It literally can not hit the side of a barn at 200+meters. The bullet drop is more severe than any of the SMGs.

@Ubisoft: Please fix this paid for item, or refund your customers.

@Players: Don't buy this item!

Dusty583
03-02-2019, 11:08 PM
Yeah you are right the bullet drop is really bad and the scopes had be fixed.

The suppressor on the mk18 is entirely different between the gunsmith view and the actual gameplay. The suppressor in the gunsmith fits a lot better, that the one in the gameplay

bla60ah
03-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Another bug to come from SO4, when playing ghost mode the weapons automatically equip the P416 and P45T. This is really annoying.