PDA

View Full Version : Berserker.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-19-2019, 04:08 AM
I have been a Berserker main since beta, and I always felt amazing. He was great to use and amazing as an anti-ganker. Ever since new animations came out for him, he has been lacking. Not only that, but for some reason I can't do berserker's light attacke heavy feint into opposite heavy that would make berserker go in a 360 motion. Please give me feedback on what happened to that on console and I will be in your debt if you could bring it back.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 02:53 AM
I would also like to know if you will be changing anything on him soon. I know he is S-tier which I love and he is one of the most balanced characters there is. If there is a nerf coming to him soon, will you buff something else or add something else which would balance not only berserker but his viability? I am so proud of what you did to not only Shugoki, but also what you did to Warlord. Please give me feedback on this, Ubisoft. I have a lot of concerns about Berserker and your plans for him.

Chrisrl3447
02-20-2019, 08:03 PM
With any luck they make him completely useless. Here's hoping.

Dane520123
02-20-2019, 08:07 PM
With any luck they make him completely useless. Here's hoping.
Lmfao

Ubiflowessence
02-20-2019, 08:32 PM
I don't have any info on Berserker at the moment; but if there were to be any changes to Berserker as far as a rework or tweaks in general, do you have any suggestions for what you think they should be?

Also, does everyone else agree that Berserker has been lacking and could use a change or thinks he is fine as is?

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 08:37 PM
Ubiflowessence, he was awesome. His animations seem sluggish, but otherwise he is great. All I'm saying is that if he get's a hyper armor taken away from lights and damage nerf, at least give him a new opener or some new chain. I think it would be best if you did take away hyper armor on lights but reinforce hyper armor on heavies and bring back the 360 heavy animation to trick your enemies.

RenegadeRasta
02-20-2019, 08:51 PM
I don't have any info on Berserker at the moment; but if there were to be any changes to Berserker as far as a rework or tweaks in general, do you have any suggestions for what you think they should be?

Also, does everyone else agree that Berserker has been lacking and could use a change or thinks he is fine as is?

Why yes. I suggest that his hyper armor be completely and utterly neutered. And in exchange, return the damage buff on his 4th feat.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Arlight then add faster attacks and instant guard break on deflect again along with new openers.

RenegadeRasta
02-20-2019, 09:20 PM
Arlight then add faster attacks and instant guard break on deflect again along with new openers.

Lol you're such a cockroach.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 09:38 PM
And you're a bad player who can't kill a berserker. What a joke.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Lol you're such a cockroach.

Complains about berserker being hyper armor overloaded, but can't make him Viable because he's scared he'll lose again to a berserker.
Tip:
Parry heavies,
deflect/parry top lights,
bait out a spin chop,
feint heavy after attempt of parrying unblockable so you can counter guardbreak,
turtle,
don't let him get on the offensive.

If you can't do any of these, you must not know how to play and should go back to training mode to learn.

RenegadeRasta
02-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Ey ey. Calm down. Stay on topic. Berserker don't need all that hyper armor. He's an assassin. If you wanna keep his armor so bad, then it can remain on his forward heavy. He can't have all 3 hyper armor, feints, and infinite chains. It's a bit extreme for an assassin.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:08 PM
Ey ey. Calm down. Stay on topic. Berserker don't need all that hyper armor. He's an assassin. If you wanna keep his armor so bad, then it can remain on his forward heavy. He can't have all 3 hyper armor, feints, and infinite chains. It's a bit extreme for an assassin.

You wanted me to calm down but saying I'm a **** roach doesn't do that lol! Now look, if you don't want faster berserker attack nor too much hyper armor, then take away hyper armor on lights, giver berserker instant guardbreak on deflect, and his 360 heavy animation back. If you want to take away hyper armor in general except on his SLOWEST heavy, then give him faster heavies and instant guard break with 360 heavy animation.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:11 PM

If you're going to take away that much hyper armor you also have to add things to make him viable, but not OP.

Chrisrl3447
02-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Rasta is right. An assassin class shouldn't have this much hyper armor, if any. It doesn't mesh at all with what he is supposed to be. An assassin class is supposed to be fast elusive and make the big guys miss. Not over power their attacks by way of his being uninterrupted. Doesn't even make sense the way he plays

Vendelkin
02-20-2019, 10:18 PM

It does seem extreme but honestly i think his hyper armor really fits his playstyle and mindset. He goes in knowing hes gonna get wrecked, but wrecks faster and harder. HA in his wrath well defines his identity.

He is a bit strong tho, but personally i dont feel like he should be buffer or nerfed for a very long time. The devs eye doesnt need to be on him for some time, especially eith how slow and limited most changes are.

And cheezzz getting mad at someone for being unable to beat zerkers is stupid and he didnt even say he couldnt handle em. You need to stop calling out or assuming things about every poster who even slightly disagrees with you.

Good zerker players are still one of the very top. Baiting isnt as easy as you claim it is, and smart zerks feint a ton before even getting to the finishers. Although some of those are good strats others rely on high reaction speed or are literally conflicting. You say "turtle" right before saying "dont let him go on the offensive" which literally makes no sense as thats what turtling enables. Telling someone to feint after parry attempts to cgb is not z3rker specific and it still relies partially on read/commiting/reaction speed.

Zerkers are very strong and those tricks arent reliable. Honestly id put him in my current top 3 (zerk, JJ and BP)

RenegadeRasta
02-20-2019, 10:22 PM
You wanted me to calm down but saying I'm a **** roach doesn't do that lol! Now look, if you don't want faster berserker attack nor too much hyper armor, then take away hyper armor on lights, giver berserker instant guardbreak on deflect, and his 360 heavy animation back. If you want to take away hyper armor in general except on his SLOWEST heavy, then give him faster heavies and instant guard break with 360 heavy animation.

You want your guy to stay as viable as possible. There is no need to speed up his attacks just because his armor got taken away. He's plenty good without it.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:31 PM
It does seem extreme but honestly i think his hyper armor really fits his playstyle and mindset. He goes in knowing hes gonna get wrecked, but wrecks faster and harder. HA in his wrath well defines his identity.

He is a bit strong tho, but personally i dont feel like he should be buffer or nerfed for a very long time. The devs eye doesnt need to be on him for some time, especially eith how slow and limited most changes are.

And cheezzz getting mad at someone for being unable to beat zerkers is stupid and he didnt even say he couldnt handle em. You need to stop calling out or assuming things about every poster who even slightly disagrees with you.

Good zerker players are still one of the very top. Baiting isnt as easy as you claim it is, and smart zerks feint a ton before even getting to the finishers. Although some of those are good strats others rely on high reaction speed or are literally conflicting. You say "turtle" right before saying "dont let him go on the offensive" which literally makes no sense as thats what turtling enables. Telling someone to feint after parry attempts to cgb is not z3rker specific and it still relies partially on read/commiting/reaction speed.

Zerkers are very strong and those tricks arent reliable. Honestly id put him in my current top 3 (zerk, JJ and BP)

It wasn't jumping conclusions, lad. I was having a conversation. Being insulted with ""cockroach" is not a way to have a conversation either although I am wrong for accusing. But at the same time, if he can beat a Berserker without problems besides HA, why should he be nerfed? All I was saying is that if you're going to take away from berserker you also have to give as much as you take, so that way he isn't too OP or under powered either.

I agree with you that he is perfect the way he is and his play style fits, but if you take away you have to give as much as you take. Same with PK and how they did her. It wasn't right but they did nerf her, which they had already addressed. I don't want him in A tier or below, because Ubisoft already said they are making characters go into high tiers any way. Same with characters like Conqueror. He is S-tier and shouldn't be nerfed although he is strong. He has things he can be punished by just like Conqueror or any other character.

RenegadeRasta
02-20-2019, 10:41 PM
All I was saying is that if you're going to take away from berserker you also have to give as much as you take, so that way he isn't too OP or under powered either.

I suggested to bring back his damage buff on his 4th feat, in exchange for his hyper armor. That's one for one. You wanna give the dude 3 extra stuff. 3 for 1. Cmon.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Well his heavies are slow so that is a good thing. You said you wanted him to be more of a "Assassin" character right? Feats are fine as they are, and if you say they aren't then here's what feats I say to use.

Health on kill, Revenge after each hit, Fury, Fear itself = One set
Health on kill, Revenge after each hit, Throwing axe, Fear itself = Second set
Health on kill, Bear trap, Fury, and Fire bomb = Third set
Stun trap, Bear trap, Fury, and Fire bomb = Fourth set

These are all feat combinations you can use which are Viable for each situation you want to be in.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:50 PM
So his Heavies should either be sped up
360 animation back
Soft feints
New chains
New Openers
Instant Guradbreak on deflect

Three of these should be put in if hyper armor is to be taken away due to him relying so much on taking hits, and giving hits. That's his playstyle because he is a Harasser. He keeps pressure (Hints Harassers.)