PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Addons I own. Any more?

ArcticBlue05
02-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Hello community, I just wanted to make a list of third party addons I own. By alphabetic order along with the distributor only

Battle Over Europe By Just Flight
Combat Over Europe By GMXMedia
Operation BARBAROSSA By Just Flight
The Last Days By Matrix Games

Along with Aces Expansion and Pacific Fighters
by UbI Soft. Yeah I know thats not 3rd party by class but......
I wanted to show some love. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do not own:
Fau Blu Or Case Blue by Matrix Games
Rebirth of Honor by PLUSWAVE.de

Are there any more that are easy to purchase in the good ole USA with $$, that I have forgotten?

Oh yeah, To Mr Oleg, more Western Europe and Pacific Maps please! Then mabey some more develpment in the theaters I enjoy most.

Please feel free to post you likes, dislikes and
most favorite add on. If the distributors want your money, they will listen.
Ps. Be respectful,
and explain your answers without @#$$# -ing

ArcticBlue05
02-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Hello community, I just wanted to make a list of third party addons I own. By alphabetic order along with the distributor only

Battle Over Europe By Just Flight
Combat Over Europe By GMXMedia
Operation BARBAROSSA By Just Flight
The Last Days By Matrix Games

Along with Aces Expansion and Pacific Fighters
by UbI Soft. Yeah I know thats not 3rd party by class but......
I wanted to show some love. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do not own:
Fau Blu Or Case Blue by Matrix Games
Rebirth of Honor by PLUSWAVE.de

Are there any more that are easy to purchase in the good ole USA with $$, that I have forgotten?

Oh yeah, To Mr Oleg, more Western Europe and Pacific Maps please! Then mabey some more develpment in the theaters I enjoy most.

Please feel free to post you likes, dislikes and
most favorite add on. If the distributors want your money, they will listen.
Ps. Be respectful,
and explain your answers without @#$$# -ing

GerritJ9
02-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I don't have any of the third party addons. A Singapore map (including much of Malaya) will most probably be included in the next patch, but the game definitely needs maps of the Philippines (or at the very least of Luzon), Borneo, Sumatra, Java and Bali. If 1C can't provide these maps, then I would happily buy a third party addon that includes these maps.
Philippines/Luzon map needed for both early war Japanese invasion and 1944-45 liberation scenarios.
Borneo/Sumatra/Java/Bali needed since the Netherlands Indies were Japan's primary target, being a desperately needed source of oil, tin and other raw materials.

LEXX_Luthor
02-19-2005, 05:23 PM
That requires Ki~44? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Ki~44s were used to defend the oil fields I think. Anybody got info on this use of Ki~44?

PBNA-Boosher
02-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't think anyone was doing a Shoki, Luthor

GerritJ9
02-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Ki44s were not used during the Japanese invasion of the Netherlands Indies. The IJAAF operated mainly over Sumatra and west Java, with Ki43s and Ki27s. Over east Java, Borneo, Bali, and the other islands the IJNAF was the main opposition, with the A6M2.

LeadSpitter_
02-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Battle Over Europe By Just Flight and starshoy is the only one that is any quality. Skins are done by the author sooty/scooty which is one of the best skinners of the il2 community.

Im really against thes skins and mission addons that are the same price of the whole game but Battle over europe is the only quality one. And if you really want one thats the one to get.

Aero_Shodanjo
02-20-2005, 07:02 AM
GerritJ9, Just sharing what ive found after Googled for "Ki-44 over east indies":
http://yarchive.net/mil/ki-43.html

"Not to be overlooked is the Ki-44, the performance of which was more or less
comparable to the FW 190A series, but with a faster rate of climb. It was met
over the oil refineries in the Dutch East Indies and was used in China and was
quite formidable."

I dont know if that's article is true or not but AFAIK after the Japanese surrendered to the Allies, Indonesian freedom fighters were able to capture only a handful of Japanese aircrafts, but the ki-44 were none among those few.

Edited:

Oops, sorry I misread your post. You stated that the Tojo wasnt used in Japanese invasion in Dutch East Indies in 1942. I have no knowledge about it but AFAIK the Ki-44's were used in the defence of Palembang's oil fields in Sumatra.

ytareh
02-20-2005, 08:37 AM
What did you think of Last Days ,Arctic?Also is Fall Blau (which I have and like a lot)the same as Case Blue?(Certainly sound similar!)

ArcticBlue05
02-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Hey ytareh,
I lost the last thread that you were needing help with the free ROH download. How did that go? Ok new subject. My opinion of TLD is still not made up yet. My coop missions briefs are in
German, Which I can not read. When I attempt the pilot career, I get an error message that no DCG file is found.( No dynamic Campaign generator) It works with the other carrers though. On the other side Mr Tankeriv did write in his TLD Update thread that he sent me a beta patch. That was Friday night. Nothing yet. E-mail I do know is slow. It may have to go through customs. Me thinks LOL. I enjoy flying from different perspectives of the war.
However, everything being turned out is Still German vs Russian scenarios. This add on does give you new skins. Most I like, some are not that good. There is stll hope with the update patch. So to be fair. I would wait watch and see
before you purchase. Last thing, Fau Blu or Fall Blu are the same as Case Blue. I liked Operation Barbarossa (SE) version better. Only draw back its early war. Well of couse Duh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.
Thanks for asking. I hope this helped.
Fly with Honor
~S~

AgentBif
02-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Would someone mind brewing up a web page or posting a link to a site that lists all of the expansions along with a bullet-list of the features contained in each one?

ArcticBlue05
02-22-2005, 12:02 AM
AgentBif,
I took some briefs from the sites. So here you go. I hope no one takes this wrong. I'm just trying to help with info only.
Product Name: Operation Barbarossa SE

The ultimate mission and campaign expansion for IL2 Sturmovik is now updated and fully

compatible with IL2 Forgotten Battles €" including 20 new missions (totally 250) in one giant

historical campaign plus 60 new custom aircraft skins!
Join the Luftwaffe€s elite in IL2 Sturmovik from the invasion of Russia in 1941 to the gates

of Berlin in 1945. Fly 250 missions in a huge campaign, or 390 in single-player mode, plus

bonus missions, 64 custom skins and dogfight maps!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
www.gmxmedia.net (http://www.gmxmedia.net)
Combat Over Europe - Out Now!
Combat Over Europe for IL2 Sturmovik's Forgotten Battles Expansion Set features eight new

campaigns, special training features, online cooperative missions, a speech pack to convert

Russian and German to English, and a skin pack with ten new skins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
www.matrixgames.com (http://www.matrixgames.com)

The Last Days takes place, unsurprisingly, during the final hours of World War 2. Fly in

one of four theaters: Lvov, Berlin, Hungary or the Ardennes. Experience over thirty dynamic

campaigns. If Case Blue wasn€t large enough for you, how about over 1,600 new single player

and multiplayer missions! The Last Days includes over 450 new historical aircraft skins

that will make any military enthusiast drool with delight. Can you turn the impending

German defeat into a victory, or will you fly with the allies and try to hasten the end?

The Last Days takes you to the very brink of disaster where it is all on the line and every

mission can be the difference between victory and defeat.

Case Blue places you into the role of either a German or Russian ace pilot. With your wit

and skill you will battle either for a second German advance further into Soviet Russia, or

mount the Russian defense against the German Luftwaffe. With over 1,000 different missions,

Case Blue packs in a lot of entertainment for flight sim fans on a budget. Enjoy over 400

multiplayer co-operative missions and over 550 single player missions that will keep your

eyes as busy as your hands until the end of the war.

www.pluswave.de (http://www.pluswave.de)

ROH contains 333 Missions. More than 800 plane- and more than 150 pilot- skins are used by

the campaign. ROH is based on a novel- like story, where the player becomes a part of.
------------------------------------------------- ~S~ Fly with Honor

ArcticBlue05
02-22-2005, 12:08 AM
This is part of the text I fogot. It's late and I'm a terrible typist.
Product Name: Battle Over Europe
www.justflight.com (http://www.justflight.com)

Battle Over Europe is a dynamic campaign add-on for Il-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles.

The action takes place between June 1944 and May 1945 in the Western European theatre, mainly over Germany and France. Players can fly in 12 campaigns for the USAAF or Luftwaffe, focussing on single-engine fighters and fighter-bombers in short range tactical and close support operations.
Operation Barbarosa is also from this company

~S~ Fly with Honor!