PDA

View Full Version : Online duels are no fun

durotimi
02-17-2019, 04:19 AM
.I recently just got this game free on ps plus, I've gotten quite good but one thing I've realized playing other players in duels is its the same damn pattern. Everyone either uses heroes with fast unblockables or mach 10 light spam that only a God can read with cheap charachers like that bastard orochi.
.Exactly what is the criteria for a player to be considered "good" in this game? God like reflexes or the mastery of light spam?

Knight_Raime
02-17-2019, 07:55 AM
You likely haven't hit "quite good" tier if you're still running into mostly spammers and losing to them often. Duels are indeed not fun. But it's because the higher up in skill tiers you go the far less things are actually viable to use. Oh and light spam was said not to exist by the devs. Their reasoning being the farther up in the skill brackets you go the far less it works. So.

durotimi
02-17-2019, 12:04 PM
Lol I never said I loose often, I said its no fun. I win some and I lose some only thing is even when I do win I'm never happy cause matches with those types of people are grueling and it forces me to play out of my usual style. I only use wulin heroes btw.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 12:58 PM
You likely haven't hit "quite good" tier if you're still running into mostly spammers and losing to them often. Duels are indeed not fun. But it's because the higher up in skill tiers you go the far less things are actually viable to use. Oh and light spam was said not to exist by the devs. Their reasoning being the farther up in the skill brackets you go the far less it works. So.

Cut him some slack, the game has only been free on PS+ for less than 2 weeks. How does one even hit "good tier" with this random matchmaking anyway? It might (or not) surprise you but nearly every match I'm in has at least 1 Orochi that decides to ignore his moveset and only goes for light attacks (I mostly play 4vs4, in ranked duel I came across 1, Diamond V btw). It's really sad how he's played most of the time. From rep 1 to rep 70 with the hero, they all play the same (more or less). It's not just low reps who play like that, I've seen plenty Orochi's with a total rep of over 200 do it. Whether hitting lights over and over is effective or not, they'll just continue. I get really impressed when an Orochi deflects bc I barely see Orochi's go for something else than light attacks. The sad thing is that people who decide to only use his lights won't ever improve/get better at the game because A LOT of people struggle against his quickness, they're so reliable on 1 attack.

The problem I have with this is that "light spammers" don't need to read their opponent at all, that all goes to the person who's on the receiving end. I like mind games, that's probably why I was so excited for Shaman and all her softfeints, but there are none involved if you play Orochi like that unless you count pissing off your opponent. Mind games should go both ways, not just the person who's on the receiving end.
--------------------

In my experience it's harder to counter a "light spamming" Orochi with a hero that has reflex guard (guard that fades away) because you can't leave your guard at one side. Depending on the hero I use, I deal with Orochi's differently. In a 1vs1 situation, for me it's easier to focus only on your opponent because you don't have to worry about feats or teammates so I tend to predict/read him easier. When I use a hero with static guard, I leave the guard at one side and watch the two others while looking for a pattern. When using a reflex guard (Nuxia/Shaolin) it gets a bit more difficult. Either you outspeed them (if your hero is fast enough eg. Nuxia/Shaolin) or you try and read him/try to block/parry/deflect. it definitely takes some getting used to. The only time I ever "light spam" with Nuxia is against "light spamming" Orochi's. it's kind of funny how it always works on them.

In my experience it's best to utilise the whole moveset of a hero (unless some moves are plain bad). Heroes tend to be reworked and if he were to be slowed down (not saying he is or should) then all the "light spammers" will need to git gud.

To answer your question: "Mastery of light spam" doesn't make you skilled, the ability to outsmart/read your opponent does, but God-like reflexes do tend to help. :p

durotimi
02-17-2019, 01:24 PM
Thank you. As a new player to a game that came three years ago, I expected more diversity in playstyles and thought to what players do in matches. But all I see everywhere I go is light spam runaway block forward dash bash light spam runaway. I just wish players online would make matches more interesting by using their full kit instead of playing like pussies.

pretoastedwaffl
02-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Exactly we scare off new players because of how unbalanced this game is. Light attacks for some characters need a damage nerf and some bashes need a nerf as well so these things can't be spammed and people will vary their attacks more. Duels can be really annoying after a while that's what I found. Uninstalled this game yesterday as it was annoying me too much

Nikaa47
02-17-2019, 02:27 PM
A damage nerf doesnt reduce the spam but a stamina increase by maybe 200% would change a bit so people maybe would start to use the light attacks to just interrupt someone and not spam him to death.

pretoastedwaffl
02-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Yes a little bit of both would be helpful to reduce light spam.

durotimi
02-17-2019, 03:51 PM
And also black prior, that hero is too good defensively to have light attacks like that. He either needs a light attack damage nerf or slower light attacks.
.He is the absolute worst to play against. And for those "get better" people reading he has two different types of unblockables so even if I dash back, against a good BP I'm screwed either way.

Knight_Raime
02-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Lol I never said I loose often, I said its no fun. I win some and I lose some only thing is even when I do win I'm never happy cause matches with those types of people are grueling and it forces me to play out of my usual style. I only use wulin heroes btw.

Doesn't really change what I said. Spam is not an issue outside of lower brackets. So judging the game as a whole based off of that experience alone is doing both yourself and the game a disservice. People will always flock to what is most effective. "light spam" in this game is the equivalent of button mashing in other fighters. It is a skill barrier thing. Not an actual issue with the game design.

Exactly we scare off new players because of how unbalanced this game is. Light attacks for some characters need a damage nerf and some bashes need a nerf as well so these things can't be spammed and people will vary their attacks more. Duels can be really annoying after a while that's what I found. Uninstalled this game yesterday as it was annoying me too much

Fighters are not entry level friendly. Nerfing light damage will not stop someone from spamming it at the level that spamming is considered effective. The kind of players that rely on spam will simply move to another thing that's easy and effective. You're not solving the issue, you're merely moving it. Even if every kit in the game was as diverse as the better designed heros of the game it's still not going to stop people from taking the easy route. The only way past this is through it by improving one's own abilities.

And also black prior, that hero is too good defensively to have light attacks like that. He either needs a light attack damage nerf or slower light attacks.
.He is the absolute worst to play against. And for those "get better" people reading he has two different types of unblockables so even if I dash back, against a good BP I'm screwed either way.

Not trying to devalue your feelings or say they're invalid but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by trying to weigh in on balance discussions when you're fresh to the game. A good player can beat a novice with any hero, even if BP trounces newer players harder than other heros in the grand scheme of things that's ultimately irrelevant. If you're actually looking to get into this game for the long run i'd suggest you start looking into some content creators that create informative content. And also look into the competitive scene to see what this game is actually like once you actually have two decent players playing against each other. The game you're currently playing is completely different than the game I play. And i'm not even a high tier player.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Doesn't really change what I said. Spam is not an issue outside of lower brackets. So judging the game as a whole based off of that experience alone is doing both yourself and the game a disservice. People will always flock to what is most effective. "light spam" in this game is the equivalent of button mashing in other fighters. It is a skill barrier thing. Not an actual issue with the game design.

Not exactly, button mashing implies that you don't have any idea what you're doing, you're just pushing buttons, if Orochi's/Nuxia's aren't aware that R1 = light atack, that'd be quite sad.
"button-mashing
Noun
(uncountable)

(video games) The act of repeatedly pressing random buttons on a video game controller in hopes of executing attacks and/or other various motions found in video games."
This definition is from yourdictionary.com.

I don't agree that it is a skill barrier thing, I still think it's a reaction time barrier thing.

Knight_Raime
02-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Not exactly, button mashing implies that you don't have any idea what you're doing, you're just pushing buttons, if Orochi's/Nuxia's aren't aware that R1 = light atack, that'd be quite sad.
"button-mashing
Noun
(uncountable)

(video games) The act of repeatedly pressing random buttons on a video game controller in hopes of executing attacks and/or other various motions found in video games."
This definition is from yourdictionary.com.

I don't agree that it is a skill barrier thing, I still think it's a reaction time barrier thing.

Button mashing and light spamming amount to the same effect. I.E an easy to abuse "tactic" that only works against low bracket players and is over come by becoming better at the game.

Single action reaction timing can't be massively improved. However choice reaction time can be and be brought to nearly the same levels as your single action reaction time. Meaning you can absolutely get better and overcome it. I.E a skill barrier. Skill is a broad term that covers many things.

Siegfried-Z
02-17-2019, 07:24 PM
.I recently just got this game free on ps plus, I've gotten quite good but one thing I've realized playing other players in duels is its the same damn pattern. Everyone either uses heroes with fast unblockables or mach 10 light spam that only a God can read with cheap charachers like that bastard orochi.
.Exactly what is the criteria for a player to be considered "good" in this game? God like reflexes or the mastery of light spam?

I know a lot of new players just leave the game after few weeks because at low level bracket all people do is spam light.

Saddly, playing on console means if you want to get better at this game you gonna have to learn To deal with it. Because even at decent level, light spam is an issue on console.

I do speak only for console as it is the best way to kill yourself on PC considering how light spam is easy to handle or punish there.

You're right with one thing, duel arent fun in FH. That's why i dont play them. People tend to play like if loosing would be a death sentence and then they just play with the minimum of risks and use only the safe mooves.

My advice, try 4v4. To me it is 1000% more fun. This is like a real battlefield where you have To deal with many opponents, mates, feats, revenge etc. This makes people playing widely more open in their gameplay.

But this is just my own opinion, some player really dislike it for others frustrating things such as Gank.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Fighters are not entry level friendly. Nerfing light damage will not stop someone from spamming it at the level that spamming is considered effective. The kind of players that rely on spam will simply move to another thing that's easy and effective. You're not solving the issue, you're merely moving it. Even if every kit in the game was as diverse as the better designed heros of the game it's still not going to stop people from taking the easy route. The only way past this is through it by improving one's own abilities.

THIS, this is the issue I have with "spam". It's easy to access and is quite effective in a big portion of the community (why else are there so many topics on it? All my friends absolutely hate light "spam" here on the PS4). Nothing should be easy to access AND effective (I'm not talking about top 0.1% gameplay). The only thing that should be easy to access are things that allow you to start a chain (is that called an opener? Not sure). An "easy way out" like "spamming lights" completely nullifies the point of getting better. Your skill level won't grow if you keep doing the same thing over and over. This is why I'm absolutely against the idea of adding more "one-trick-ponies" into the game. I'd rather they add more softfeints and "mindgames" to every hero rather than fast light attacks.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 07:46 PM
Button mashing and light spamming amount to the same effect. I.E an easy to abuse "tactic" that only works against low bracket players and is over come by becoming better at the game.

Single action reaction timing can't be massively improved. However choice reaction time can be and be brought to nearly the same levels as your single action reaction time. Meaning you can absolutely get better and overcome it. I.E a skill barrier. Skill is a broad term that covers many things.

How do people decide on what is high skill and what not? Because rep/playtime isn't, reaction time isn't because of "unreactable" moves, so what is? Is it because people made an account for r/competitiveforhonor that there is such a thing as a "competitive"/high level side? Ranked is a joke and is full of players that only use 1 thing of their moveset: Warden's only use their SB "mix up", Conq's bash, BP's bash, Aramusha's/Nuxia's/Orochi's "spam" lights. This is why I don't bother playing duels anymore because it isn't fun, no one uses their moveset to its fullest potential anymore. I agree that certain moves can't be used at all to win in high level, but doing the same thing over and over + "mixing in" a GB (I'm looking at you Conq, Warden and BP) is not what I'd call high level.

I've been trying to get better at dealing with "light spam" for a while yet I still can't reliably deal with it (unless I play BP or if I'm extremely focused and in 1vs1). Is my poor setup holding me back or is an average reaction time of a 19 y/o not enough anymore? I'm not going to throw money for a better setup to improve because it's never been a problem for other games and it just costs way too much.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 07:55 PM
I know a lot of new players just leave the game after few weeks because at low level bracket all people do is spam light.

Saddly, playing on console means if you want to get better at this game you gonna have to learn To deal with it. Because even at decent level, light spam is an issue on console.

I do speak only for console as it is the best way to kill yourself on PC considering how light spam is easy to handle or punish there.

You're right with one thing, duel arent fun in FH. That's why i dont play them. People tend to play like if loosing would be a death sentence and then they just play with the minimum of risks and use only the safe mooves.

My advice, try 4v4. To me it is 1000% more fun. This is like a real battlefield where you have To deal with many opponents, mates, feats, revenge etc. This makes people playing widely more open in their gameplay.

But this is just my own opinion, some player really dislike it for others frustrating things such as Gank.

I'm honestly so done with having at least 1 Orochi/Nuxia in the opposing team in 4vs4. You just know they're not going to do anything else than hit that "R1" button and the arrow key for Kiai. Like you said, it's not just at low/noob level where people use it. I've seen people with overall rep 200 do it. Even though rep =/= skill, I'd imagine a rep 200 at least knows effective ways to deal with opponents/is somewhat good.

durotimi
02-17-2019, 09:11 PM

.Speak for yourself cause I do hear rants from high rep players regarding fast light attacks on reddit. You dont uderstand what Im saying and are putting words in my mouth;
I am not judging the game as a whole I am judging the players who play a certain way. And again I say speak for yourself cause most people dont have the "skill" to parry or dodge lightining fast light attacks in different directions like you do apparently, I play with high rep players and they still get beaten by it.

Not trying to devalue your feelings or say they're invalid but I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by trying to weigh in on balance discussions when you're fresh to the game. A good player can beat a novice with any hero, even if BP trounces newer players harder than other heros in the grand scheme of things that's ultimately irrelevant. If you're actually looking to get into this game for the long run i'd suggest you start looking into some content creators that create informative content. And also look into the competitive scene to see what this game is actually like once you actually have two decent players playing against each other. The game you're currently playing is completely different than the game I play. And i'm not even a high tier player.

.Since when does being new = not knowing what you're talking about. Ever since It got free on ps plus its all Ive played so dont put youre elitist mindset on me cause youve been here longer; we are using the same game mechanics. Nobody said anything about novices; I beat players(old and new) regardless of who their using so ther was no point of saying that. Thanks for the advice but Im good and If you strongly believe we are not playing the same game come on ps4 and lets go a few rounds gamertag: damien_208.

durotimi
02-17-2019, 09:23 PM

.Thanks I play that too but from now I'll probably only play duels when I know I'm mentally ready for those sort of players.

Siegfried-Z
02-17-2019, 09:37 PM
I'm honestly so done with having at least 1 Orochi/Nuxia in the opposing team in 4vs4. You just know they're not going to do anything else than hit that "R1" button and the arrow key for Kiai. Like you said, it's not just at low/noob level where people use it. I've seen people with overall rep 200 do it. Even though rep =/= skill, I'd imagine a rep 200 at least knows effective ways to deal with opponents/is somewhat good.

Yes. I have To say i prefer to fight a Conq than a spammy char on console. I don't have troubles with Aramusha, maybe because this is one of the char i use to play and.then i can parry his 400ms deadly feint kind.of often even on console.

But damn i deeply hate Roch and Nuxia. I dont even get how some.players have pleasure to play them. But i dont want to judge.
I have 17 reps on Shaman too and she is damn fun because of her mix up potential as you said. That's why i also play Valk, Kensei, Musha (sorry ^^).
Shaolin, Tiandi, JJ really have annoying lights too.

It is kind of sad than some char have to play mindgame and mix up while others can just spam.

To me, the most annoying char of the game from a 4v4 Ps4 player is JJ.
The guy has everything. Literally everything .

2 days ago i was having a bad gaming moment .. playing the while afternoon with a win ratio of 30% and 0.8 KD while i usually play with 55-70% win ratio and 1.40-2 KD.
Still playing with the same guys i pick up my JJ rep 3 and did 14-0 and 15-1. He is literrally too strong.

But sorry, i don't want to turn that thread into a JJ nerf one. I just deeply think he is extremly OP in 4v4.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 09:46 PM
..Since when does being new = not knowing what you're talking about. Ever since It got free on ps plus its all Ive played so dont put youre elitist mindset on me cause youve been here longer; we are using the same game mechanics. Nobody said anything about novices; I beat players(old and new) regardless of who their using so ther was no point of saying that. Thanks for the advice but Im good and If you strongly believe we are not playing the same game come on ps4 and lets go a few rounds gamertag: damien_208. .

Don't want to burst your bubble but I think you're getting a bit overconfident, Raime has been a very active member on this Forum and I'd imagine he's very good at the game since he knows so much about the game in terms of statistics and numbers & stuff (even though he talks from the gaming PC point of view when it comes to "spam" :p ).

UbiInsulin
02-17-2019, 09:47 PM

The Wu Lin heroes are very often accused of being light spam heroes. I'm not making a comment on whether that's true or not, but for weeks after Marching Fire launched this was a major bit of feedback I saw. So there's a possibility than any anti-light spam changes would impact your mains, even though you don't seem to be fond of the tactic.

Slowing down lights has implications at every level of the game. When lights get slow enough, they are no longer what some players refer to as "viable" offense. They're easier to block or possibly parry on reaction.

I'd recommend taking a glance at this thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/8uiv5k/countering_light_spam_orochi_for_noobs/) that is designed to help people in your exact situation: folks having issues with spammers (particularly Orochi) who don't want to resort to those tactics themselves.

durotimi
02-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Don't want to burst your bubble but I think you're getting a bit overconfident, Raime has been a very active member on this Forum and I'd imagine he's very good at the game since he knows so much about the game in terms of statistics and numbers & stuff (even though he talks from the gaming PC point of view when it comes to "spam" :p ).

.Well **** If he's that good then I guess its no problem for him. He's been quite condescending even though he doesnt have a ps4 so I want to see If he can back it up.

EvoX.
02-17-2019, 11:22 PM
You're not ''quite good'', you are a new player. This game is not newbie-friendly at all, so your experience is normal. The spam you described is present only in low to average-level matches, until you start correctly predicting where that 400ms light is going to come from and when a bash is going to be attempted, along with your reflexes being refined.

The best players have fast reactions, comprehensive grasp of every hero's kit and how to counter it, great game sense and decision making which come naturally with experience. A few months of game time from now you'll feel silly for complaining about spam, because you'll be above that level.

That's not to say the game and its characters are flawless, far from it - even their most recent hero addition has some very questionable design choices. But what you described starts being less and less frequent the better you become.

Knight_Raime
02-18-2019, 09:31 PM
THIS, this is the issue I have with "spam". It's easy to access and is quite effective in a big portion of the community (why else are there so many topics on it? All my friends absolutely hate light "spam" here on the PS4). Nothing should be easy to access AND effective (I'm not talking about top 0.1% gameplay). The only thing that should be easy to access are things that allow you to start a chain (is that called an opener? Not sure). An "easy way out" like "spamming lights" completely nullifies the point of getting better. Your skill level won't grow if you keep doing the same thing over and over. This is why I'm absolutely against the idea of adding more "one-trick-ponies" into the game. I'd rather they add more softfeints and "mindgames" to every hero rather than fast light attacks.

Effective is debatable. Because in matches of actually decent players spam isn't effective. And i'd have to disagree honestly, easy and effective doesn't automatically equal imbalanced. Warlord's headbutt is a great example of this. Most players who've been around FH long enough have managed to be able to dodge and even punish it though. To seasoned players like me it's not going to trip me up more than maybe twice in a match. But to someone who's fresh to the game it's going to be potent. Adding more soft feints and mind games would be good. Black prior is actually great mind game wise. But he also shows that it doesn't matter what kind of design you come up with. People will still take the easy route with a hero.

How do people decide on what is high skill and what not? Because rep/playtime isn't, reaction time isn't because of "unreactable" moves, so what is? Is it because people made an account for r/competitiveforhonor that there is such a thing as a "competitive"/high level side? Ranked is a joke and is full of players that only use 1 thing of their moveset: Warden's only use their SB "mix up", Conq's bash, BP's bash, Aramusha's/Nuxia's/Orochi's "spam" lights. This is why I don't bother playing duels anymore because it isn't fun, no one uses their moveset to its fullest potential anymore. I agree that certain moves can't be used at all to win in high level, but doing the same thing over and over + "mixing in" a GB (I'm looking at you Conq, Warden and BP) is not what I'd call high level.

I've been trying to get better at dealing with "light spam" for a while yet I still can't reliably deal with it (unless I play BP or if I'm extremely focused and in 1vs1). Is my poor setup holding me back or is an average reaction time of a 19 y/o not enough anymore? I'm not going to throw money for a better setup to improve because it's never been a problem for other games and it just costs way too much.

Not exactly sure what this is even about. We were talking about reaction times. And reactions are a skill. I specifically mentioned single action reaction and choice reaction for a reason. The former is more of a mechanical skill. The later is more of a mental one.

.Speak for yourself cause I do hear rants from high rep players regarding fast light attacks on reddit. You dont uderstand what Im saying and are putting words in my mouth;
I am not judging the game as a whole I am judging the players who play a certain way. And again I say speak for yourself cause most people dont have the "skill" to parry or dodge lightining fast light attacks in different directions like you do apparently, I play with high rep players and they still get beaten by it.

.Since when does being new = not knowing what you're talking about. Ever since It got free on ps plus its all Ive played so dont put youre elitist mindset on me cause youve been here longer; we are using the same game mechanics. Nobody said anything about novices; I beat players(old and new) regardless of who their using so ther was no point of saying that. Thanks for the advice but Im good and If you strongly believe we are not playing the same game come on ps4 and lets go a few rounds gamertag: damien_208.

Rep is irrelevant. It is only a sign of time invested. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth. I'm responding based on the impression/tone I got from your posts. Apologies if that's incorrect in some way. Regardless, as i've already mentioned Light spam is not considered an issue because the devs publicly took a stance on it. Their data backs up the statement that light spam becomes less and less effective as they go higher and higher in the skill brackets (via top % players.) So I'm not speaking for anyone. I'm saying what the situation is according to the developers of the game. Wether you happen to agree with them or not this is the situation we're in.

Bit of some advice, don't make the mistake you're making with me. I'm not talking down to you. I'm trying to help you. Experience/time invested/whatever you want to call it does indeed have a fall off. It's entirely possible for someone to pick up something faster than someone else. But the fact that you're calling light spamming as a legitimate issue and your solution to such is to slow down lights just shows that you're inexperienced. You don't understand the game on a higher level. This is why I suggested you look into the competitive scene and content creators who make informational/helpful content. So you can actually come back here and properly weigh in on how to improve the game in a smart way. I don't own a PS4. I started playing for honor on the xbox one back in the beta. I only recently moved over to pc in the past few months. I've played with a variety of setups. When I say we're playing a different game what I mean is at your level an orochi can mash his triple light combo and go basically unpunished. He can dodge attack on reaction to indicator every time and it will usually land.

The game I play you can't throw raw attacks often. If you commit to attacks more than you bait you are punished. Spacing is becoming important. etc. And there is an entirely different game above me. Where even less is viable. Where unlocking for some mix ups is mandatory. Where getting the health advantage and stalling out the round timer is the most effective way to play. If you think duels are unfun now try putting yourself in those players shoes. This is why duels have been ditched competitively and 4's are the main focus.

.Well **** If he's that good then I guess its no problem for him. He's been quite condescending even though he doesnt have a ps4 so I want to see If he can back it up.

Even if I had a ps4 1v1ing doesn't prove anything. The main point i've tried to impress upon you is that you don't understand the game. And that if you want to actually have your feedback have any weight beyond the masses that exist in the level you currently sit at (that the devs already get plenty of feedback from) you need to go educate yourself. I can't speak for other players, but I can tell you that I don't care how good or how bad you are at the game. I don't need you to place a certain rank in ranked duels or carry consistently in 4's. All I care about is if you actually understand what you're trying to weigh in on. Which you don't need lightening reflexes or a high kd for. The reality of the situation is that you're not well informed about the game you're playing. And i'd love if you went and educated yourself because this game needs as much fresh and new perspectives as possible.

rottmeister
02-18-2019, 10:37 PM
I probably should avoid talking about "light spam" as I I haven't been really consistent with my statements on this topic at all. I feel like I've been lying to myself saying that they're either OP or the opposite (like saying Nuxia is bad because she doesn't have anything else meanwhile I have been using her traps and deflect A LOT, effectively, both in ranked 1vs1 and 4vs4). I've went through some footage and even saw myself 3-0 a "lightspamming" Orochi in duel, having parried some lights and deflected other lights. I've been way too fast and emotional in response, I guess my Forum "noobiness" is showing. I honestly can't think of a time where I have been 100-0'd by a "lightspammer", apart from that one time where the offender used all his feats and even then he only had barely any health left. I've not been thinking straight and I guess my hatred for both Kiai and Aramusha (yes, I'm still not over him, haha) got the better of me, lol. I made myself look like a beginner and this wasn't my intention. "Light spam" could be an issue or not on console, I don't know, I shouldn't speak in the name of a platform. Yet I do still feel people on console play at a disadvantage when it comes to speed, after having seen Freeze's video on input lagg. I don't know why I acted like this, the most likely answer is that Orochi is just a hero that usually pisses me off in 4vs4 because usually when you kill an opponent and have like 10 health remaining, a "lightspamming" Orochi will come by and at least one of his lights will connect killing you on the spot. I haven't been playing this game as consistently as I used to and I probably expected to have an easy time against "light spammers". I even showed off my ability to counter these lights to my friends months ago for f**** sake.

I didn't mean to come across as rude or just throw around random statements. Thanks for calling me out on my BS (I'm not being sarcastic), it's needed sometimes. Even though I don't agree with everything you say I do appreciate you not being condescending to me.

Edit: Sometimes when I look at my posts it's like it was typed out by a different person even though I know it was me. I honestly thought that I was a very objective person, but after seeing some of my posts, I'd come across as a huge hypocrite if I were to keep calling myself objective. There are still some points that I still truly believe but it seems like I've just dragged them out way too much.

Knight_Raime
02-18-2019, 10:51 PM
I probably should avoid talking about "light spam" as I I haven't been really consistent with my statements on this topic at all. I feel like I've been lying to myself saying that they're either OP or the opposite (like saying Nuxia is bad because she doesn't have anything else meanwhile I have been using her traps and deflect A LOT, effectively, both in ranked 1vs1 and 4vs4). I've went through some footage and even saw myself 3-0 a "lightspamming" Orochi in duel, having parried some lights and deflected other lights. I've been way too fast and emotional in response, I guess my Forum "noobiness" is showing. I honestly can't think of a time where I have been 100-0'd by a "lightspammer", apart from that one time where the offender used all his feats and even then he only had barely any health left. I've not been thinking straight and I guess my hatred for both Kiai and Aramusha (yes, I'm still not over him, haha) got the better of me, lol. I made myself look like a beginner and this wasn't my intention. "Light spam" could be an issue or not on console, I don't know, I shouldn't speak in the name of a platform. Yet I do still feel people on console play at a disadvantage when it comes to speed, after having seen Freeze's video on input lagg. I don't know why I acted like this, the most likely answer is that Orochi is just a hero that usually pisses me off in 4vs4 because usually when you kill an opponent and have like 10 health remaining, a "lightspamming" Orochi will come by and at least one of his lights will connect killing you on the spot. I haven't been playing this game as consistently as I used to and I probably expected to have an easy time against "light spammers". I even showed off my ability to counter these lights to my friends months ago for f**** sake.

I didn't mean to come across as rude or just throw around random statements. Thanks for calling me out on my BS (I'm not being sarcastic), it's needed sometimes. Even though I don't agree with everything you say I do appreciate you not being condescending to me.

I don't disagree about speed being a difficult thing to handle for console players. I did play on a console for most of my FH career. That being said the developers can't balance the game around people's setups for the same reason you can't balance something around connection. And it's been proven that with a proper console setup a good player can still perform comparably to someone with a decent pc setup. So while I understand the plight of console and non decent setups I can't vouch for changes based around that. This isn't to say that I don't think developers shouldn't do anything to their connection/lag comp systems or other things to try to make input lag feel less painful. I just don't think hero's should be changed because of it.

It's no biggie. I slip on on the forums quite a bit myself. It's an active effort to police myself that i'll likely be doing for the rest of my life considering what I involve myself in and some of the careers i'm looking into. From my perspective from what i've seen from you you're one of the better people on the forums. So even if you got a little heated here (which I honestly didn't feel when reading your replies) you're no where near as bad as some people have been here. Certainly no where near as bad as i've gotten.

rottmeister
02-18-2019, 11:21 PM
I honestly have gotten heated only once on this forum and that was when I thought Champ "dismissed" my entire post by saying "Arch is always right and you're wrong", little did I know it was a jab at Arch (and 3 times on psn, 2 of them were really toxic though, I should really apologize to DrinkInMahStella for acting childish even though he had reported me for coming close to his spawn once, but it seems like he disappeared and probably blocked me before he received my 'apology'. I did say I'd report him back for 'false reporting' but didn't because I felt bad certainly since he made the thread where he was done with the game shortly after he left the match (and was getting deathballed continuously). I figured he messaged me because he was done with all the 'BS' and I completely understand that, he probably acted in the heat of the moment and I did too). Thank you for the compliment, I'm still trying to improve myself everyday (not just in videogames), Sometimes I wish I acted better in a situation, but I guess these mistakes are learning moments.