PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Arcade

Kryltic
02-17-2019, 01:02 AM
Does anyone actually enjoy this? It feels like yet another game with a mode where you are forced to play with others to get anything worth while from it.

The Division did this and it annoyed the hell out of me...

EvoX.
02-17-2019, 01:39 AM
The quest is easier solo, to me at least. Which part are you having trouble with?

Vendelkin
02-17-2019, 02:39 AM
definitely easier solo. Also this week has a glitchy af kensei and slightly glitchy shinobi that can deny you punishes with ******ed high speed recoveries. I use ring the beel as aramusha and immediately light and the kensei hits me with a heavy before my attack lands, its straight ******ed @_@

Other than glitchiness like this tho, I love the challenges and thought puzzles that go into overcoming them via the modifiers andwhat you have to accomplish. true some challenges are so ridiculous they become cancerous (like last weeks flame tiandi) but most of the time I love doing the quests. It forces me to adapt and try different things. For example
It seems a consequence of letting the kensei recover faster is that he doesn't guard switch as often, meaning it fairly safe to spam attacks with no fear of getting parried for a good 3-4 hits as long as you only focus the 2 parts of his guard he didn't last use before the entire combo. much easier to dmg safely than most lvl 3 AIs for whatever reason, just not safe to punish.

Also playing two player you have to adapt each fight differently cause the enemies are way stronger and you can potentially feed them revenge. I make weekly tutorial videos each week about them so if you'd like some help this might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnYKdMmlAbA&lc=z22ncp3onyviczv2wacdp432glcs1cajnbvqaudppr5w03c 010c

Devils-_-legacy
02-17-2019, 04:58 AM
Does anyone actually enjoy this? It feels like yet another game with a mode where you are forced to play with others to get anything worth while from it.

The Division did this and it annoyed the hell out of me...
me I spend a lot of time on weekly quest

KotoKuraken
02-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Sitting here with Lawbringer, the only character that I can use to even attempt the Weekly, and it's hell. Why tf did they give the Nobushi "Respawn until the other enemies are dead", "All Unblockale attacks", and "Bleed". So I can't kill the Nobushi first because she spawns literally 3 seconds later. So I try to kill the Kensei or Shinobi. One nick on me and they get a bar of health back, and then Nobu comes in with her constant stuns to where I can't parry or dodge anything coming at me.

Heck, they even have recoveries sped up so fast, I don't even get the side heavy that's supposed to be guaranteed on guardbreak.

rottmeister
02-17-2019, 06:58 PM
It's heartwarming that Ubisoft wants to make sure their game fulfills the needs of everyone. Thank you for making a gamemode specific for masochists, now they can hurt themselves in a video game instead of real life! ;)

In all seriousness the Weekly Challenges are the most rage enducing things I've ever been through. I actually like the "normal" arcade missions better since they aren't specifically made for torture.

EvoX.
02-17-2019, 11:51 PM
Sitting here with Lawbringer, the only character that I can use to even attempt the Weekly, and it's hell. Why tf did they give the Nobushi "Respawn until the other enemies are dead", "All Unblockale attacks", and "Bleed". So I can't kill the Nobushi first because she spawns literally 3 seconds later. So I try to kill the Kensei or Shinobi. One nick on me and they get a bar of health back, and then Nobu comes in with her constant stuns to where I can't parry or dodge anything coming at me.

Kill the Kensei first. As Vendelkin mentioned, his AI is broken and he can only block/parry one side in adittion to not switching his guard to block strikes. It's safe to spam 3 or 4 attacks on one side, switch direction and repeat. Fairly simple and he goes down very fast.

Next go after the Shinobi. At this time the Nobu would probably already be aggroed to you, but the trick is to run in and engage the Shinobi and a captain. In this game, no more than two bots can attack you at the same time, so if the Shinobi and the captain are filling those two slots, the Nobushi will stand by and watch until one dies. The captain is fairly easy to ignore, making it more or less a 1v1 against a level 2 Shinobi with the added bonus of more Revenge gain thanks to the second opponent.

After that, you can run to a clear space and it's just a 1v1 against a level 2 Nobushi. It isn't a difficult stage, it only becomes annoying if you try to handle the Nobushi on top of the Kensei/Shinobi, something that you have no reason to do. Turn this seeming 1v3 into a series of 1v1's and it's a breeze.

FrothingTeemo
02-18-2019, 12:59 AM
**** is terrible. What is worse though is when you just get randomly shoved into a game of vs ai where the bots are literally twice as good as the ones in weekly arcade with no warning. This crap has happened to me a few times including yesterday with 3 flawless beyond human capability shaman bots on the enemy team and 2 bots on my team which were I believe level negative 20 and on permadeath.

Vendelkin
02-18-2019, 01:24 AM
me I spend a lot of time on weekly quest

Kill the Kensei first. As Vendelkin mentioned, his AI is broken and he can only block/parry one side in adittion to not switching his guard to block strikes. It's safe to spam 3 or 4 attacks on one side, switch direction and repeat. Fairly simple and he goes down very fast.

Next go after the Shinobi. At this time the Nobu would probably already be aggroed to you, but the trick is to run in and engage the Shinobi and a captain. In this game, no more than two bots can attack you at the same time, so if the Shinobi and the captain are filling those two slots, the Nobushi will stand by and watch until one dies. The captain is fairly easy to ignore, making it more or less a 1v1 against a level 2 Shinobi with the added bonus of more Revenge gain thanks to the second opponent.

After that, you can run to a clear space and it's just a 1v1 against a level 2 Nobushi. It isn't a difficult stage, it only becomes annoying if you try to handle the Nobushi on top of the Kensei/Shinobi, something that you have no reason to do. Turn this seeming 1v3 into a series of 1v1's and it's a breeze.

Yeahp this is exactly the strat. And forming those strats is why i enjoy arcade mode.

Devils-_-legacy
02-18-2019, 08:41 AM
my biggest gripe with arcade is unlock rate for the effects I'm 15 matchs complete without one effect drop

Vendelkin
02-18-2019, 10:09 AM
my biggest gripe with arcade is unlock rate for the effects I'm 15 matchs complete without one effect drop

Effects only drop from the weekly quest not the randoms, and only if you complete the quest. And if you complete the quest an effect is near guaranteed. Like im pretty sure you should get an effective at 75% of the time on a clear with a 100% first attempt. I have crimson conquest for the whole set of heroes already and pink plasma for 5 so either you have ridiculous bad luck or you are doing something wrong/not being honest.

My guess is you just thougt you could get them from randos. Has to be the weekly to get the effect.

Devils-_-legacy
02-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Effects only drop from the weekly quest not the randoms, and only if you complete the quest. And if you complete the quest an effect is near guaranteed. Like im pretty sure you should get an effective at 75% of the time on a clear with a 100% first attempt. I have crimson conquest for the whole set of heroes already and pink plasma for 5 so either you have ridiculous bad luck or you are doing something wrong/not being honest.

My guess is you just thougt you could get them from randos. Has to be the weekly to get the effect.
No your wrong but the quicker you clear it the less chance you seem to have in my experience and why would I not be honest lol
I'm doing the weekly quest it's just that I'm using a hero I've already unlocked all the effects for so Its taking me 20+ tries to get them my recruits lower then rep 7 who I don't have 162 gear score for. it could be bad luck but I spend 2/3 hours a day in arcade and I'm lucky to go away with 4 or more effect drops

Vendelkin
02-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Thats nuts! Maybe on the other hand ive just been really lucky and truth be told of course ive no other meteic to compare against. But really i have nabbed crimson conquest for basically the full roster and i only have 4 heroes with appropriate rep/gs thus far. And i pretty much only ever hard grind it on thursday the day it comes.

I seriously wish you had better luck and sorry i was so brash with my earlier response.

Vendelkin
02-18-2019, 12:42 PM
As for puzzling out what improves chances tho... i dont think its likely time based. Cause i speed ran a weekly quest about 4 weeks back and was clearing it very quick but still getting effects. I had two runs with literally only one death as my aramusha and still got an effect on both of those if i remember correctly. So if the chances are manipulatable somehow i dont think time is it.

Could be it just decreases per clear on the same quest. Ive been playing em since release so thats likely part of it, and i typically dont clear the same one more than 6 times.

Could also be linked to champion status, as ive always had champion status active.

Devils-_-legacy
02-18-2019, 02:42 PM
As for puzzling out what improves chances tho... i dont think its likely time based. Cause i speed ran a weekly quest about 4 weeks back and was clearing it very quick but still getting effects. I had two runs with literally only one death as my aramusha and still got an effect on both of those if i remember correctly. So if the chances are manipulatable somehow i dont think time is it.

Could be it just decreases per clear on the same quest. Ive been playing em since release so thats likely part of it, and i typically dont clear the same one more than 6 times.

Could also be linked to champion status, as ive always had champion status active.

I'm just weird and record my games length and if it was normal loot or effect i seem to get more effect drops the longer it takes me where as if I speed run with zero deaths I don't get effect loot. it could be the more times you clear it the less chance you have if this is true it's **** as I have every hero recruited and only got 3 heros full crimson and pink every other hero needs between 2 - 4 effect drops and I was hoping to fully unlocked them for BP before level him. could be championship as I never buy it.

Kadete93
02-18-2019, 09:56 PM
Hi people!

I have a question..Is it worth it?? Shaolin is the only hero that i like of the wu-lin and i already have him, so if i buy the Marchin Fire, it would be only for the arcade mode...

I like to play against bots, just to chill out when im tired of pvp (problems with machmaking, disconnections, toxic people...) so maybe i could use another game mode to play against AI but i don't know...

mann61299
02-19-2019, 01:09 AM
Hi people!

I have a question..Is it worth it?? Shaolin is the only hero that i like of the wu-lin and i already have him, so if i buy the Marchin Fire, it would be only for the arcade mode...

I like to play against bots, just to chill out when im tired of pvp (problems with machmaking, disconnections, toxic people...) so maybe i could use another game mode to play against AI but i don't know...

It would NOT be worth it to buy marching fire to get arcade mode. Find others who have it and play arcade with them if you want to play arcade...the game mode isn't good.

Kadete93
02-19-2019, 02:41 AM
Its funny when you want to buy something and everyone is saying NO hahahaha... i will save the money then

Shadow dies twice is coming anyway

Vendelkin
02-19-2019, 05:10 AM
Its funny when you want to buy something and everyone is saying NO hahahaha... i will save the money then

Shadow dies twice is coming anyway

A wise choice haha. I personally enjoy it, but yeah I wouldn't recommend anyone buying it unless they just want access to the wulin heroes for that price.

Inzzane_79
02-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Those 2 little archers on stage 2 are driving me nuts! And if I go and kill them first I will get hit in the back by Shug or Ara.

Any tips? (in coop it was no problem, stage 4 was the problem in coop)

Devils-_-legacy
02-20-2019, 11:46 AM
Those 2 little archers on stage 2 are driving me nuts! And if I go and kill them first I will get hit in the back by Shug or Ara.

Any tips? (in coop it was no problem, stage 4 was the problem in coop)

try to put him in corner by the gate in between were the shug and aramusha spawn