PDA

View Full Version : What are your guys thoughts on the recent announcement for Nintendo Switch version

SoaringJed2
02-16-2019, 09:22 PM
Hello,

I was watching the Nintendo Direct when they announced that the rest of the Star Fox Crew would be joining in on the fight, to take down Wolf's Crew and was wondering if there would all of Star Fox Crew would be Digital, Physical, or both for the community to decide how they want to play the game. I would love it if they did a physical versions of all the characters bundled with a few new weapons, and another copy of the Arwing. I'm one of the few who managed to buy both a copy that came with the Zenith star ship along side the Nintendo Switch version with duplicates of all the weapon packs, all of the ship packs with the store variants, and the two additional pilots, (still missing Startail). I would love it if Ubisoft would make a few physical copies of the remaining members of the Star Fox Crew. I'm one of the few who has issues with the digital version of physical characters and other items. I would like to hear what the rest of you have to say about this topic.Feel Free to respond as necessary.

katukinabarra
02-17-2019, 01:26 PM
I have read the new mission update will be free. The new pilots/ships/weapons may be purchaseable.

Personally, I would like the physical exclusive content to be included in the Deluxe pack/bundle (Scrabler, Cerberus, Fire Cannon and Startail).

As an user who got the physical starter pack and then the digital deluxe bundle I feel badly treated in this case. I think we deserve all the content made up to date.

I will purchase the new content if I feel it deserves my money.

SoaringJed2
02-17-2019, 01:41 PM
I can see that happening, mate. It would be nice to have the figures instead of a digital download. Yes I feel sorry for those who picked up the digital version of the game and being unable to have the store exclusive ships. I hope Ubisoft releases code cards for those ships that can be bought from the exclusive stores for the people who bought the game digitally.

katukinabarra
02-17-2019, 04:01 PM
Apart from that, the new content may be interesting. As a Switch user, the exclusive Statfox campaign/side-missions were OK. They were logic, had some cinematics and were entertaining. We can say they were a good add-on to the base game.

In the Nintendo Direct video you mention, we can see something like a fire themed Arwing shoots. In fact, a charged fire typed Arwing shoot appears too (maybe Falco's charged shoot or ultimate attack).

We can even see what seem to be new Starlink weapons attached to a ship.

And leaving the Nintendo exclusive content. In the Equinox upgrade menu, if you go to the faction specific upgrades, you'll see some of the characters of the main campaign have been added. They are listed where tje game tells you what character level is required for certain upgrades. So it seems we are receiving some new faction related characters at least, sometime in the future.

Keep sharing info!

katukinabarra
02-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Another thing is if the Starfox Racing Game they were somehow announcing is this DLC/patch or something else (already announced racing missions)

SoaringJed2
02-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Hope this coming update rocks for all the players to jump back in. I wonder if we may see Samus or other characters from different franchises make a small cameo in the game.

Shypa
02-17-2019, 05:00 PM
I would love to see new toys and expand my collection.

I love that game so much i brought a ps4 copy just to get the zenith toy. And inbrought a startail on ebay as well.

If they bring up more physical content ill buy it for sure.

Starlink is one if my fav. UBI games.

SoaringJed2
02-18-2019, 12:06 AM
You and me both Shypa. I wonder what will happen for this game.

angebarry
02-18-2019, 07:14 PM
Between 2 of my sons and myself we have most of the ships and pilots physically (not Startail or Levi) and I'd love to see a pilot 3 pack for the Star Fox crew, (Physical or Digital) and we are looking forward to new missions. Glad that there will be more missions and racing mode etc. for everyone (not just Switch version) too. I still hope I can find a Zenith ship somewhere without playing full price on a starter for a console I don't have. Longer (or permanent) digital unlock periods on physically used items would also be handy.