PDA

View Full Version : Played approx 4 hours & bored beyond comprehension - will it get better?

angermanager
02-16-2019, 03:38 AM
There's nothing worse than writing negatives, but I'm struggling for positives.

The game is so empty of fun.

All I've done so far is collect junk. If I sell stuff, I'm rewarded with more junk.

What happened to the beautiful music of Farcry 5? I'm having to endure weird rap music that wouldn't make the B side of a schoolyard throw together.

The colours are bizarre. Farcry maps are usually stunning, but it's like you've been on acid during production.

I'm seeing the same faces everywhere.

I had to shoot a bear about 50 times before it died. Are they super mutants?

A.I are just randomly spawned on the map with no logical reason for their presence.

There's no story line, just random references that bear no follow on from the first game. Where are the characters that survived?

I find myself playing it, because I've paid for it, but how is that fun?

Please tell me it will get better.

L1A1Rocker
02-16-2019, 04:14 AM
You could pop on over to youtube and watch the ending(s). Then you can call it done and move on.

angermanager
02-16-2019, 04:40 AM
The whole point of feedback is that it's supposed to be honest. Remember what Farcry 'was' before Ubi took it over and turned it into a marathon of doing the same thing over and over again. FC2, FC3, FC4, FC Primal, FC5 and now FC New Dawn all running across the map looting boxes, & clearing out strongholds.

At least Farcry 5 had an interesting storyline, amazing music, charismatic characters, etc, even if the base of the game play was the same old same old.

What are we building the base for? A big battle at the end?

You think this is fun?

terry427
02-16-2019, 05:51 AM
I mean seriously, what is this??? You just wander around collecting stuff while getting killed endlessly. I have died about 8 times just trying to take down a Bison and a Cougar (with a shotgun), what are these bullet sponge super creatures or something. So far I've not been able to kill one, if it wasn't for being with Jerome who's shotgun seems to be way better than mine but even then it need about 6 or more shots from him (and a few from me before being killed) to take one down???? And don't start me on the Moose, geeesss.

And then in middle of this some morons arrive blasting you with sniper fire, flames and what do I have to shoot back with, absolutely nothing but a few pop guns that have no effect whatever on the resident bullet sponges..

And the map with no fast travel till you get some mystical higher level so if you go back to Prosperity you have to start the whole trek back to where you were. I call rubbish....

terry427
02-16-2019, 06:12 AM
I'm just loving this, I'm in some area full of Bison, Cougars and Moose and am just dying over and over and over again trying to take one of these super creatures down. 6 shotgun head shots to a Bison and it's still coming, serious W T F???

L1A1Rocker
02-16-2019, 06:15 AM
I'm just loving this, I'm in some area full of Buffalo, Cougars and Moose and am just dying over and over and over again trying to take one of these super creatures down. 6 shotgun head shots to a Buffalo and it's still coming, serious W T F???

I'm really glad I decided to wait this one out. Maybe there will be some sort of cheat codes available like the first Far Cry. That could make it playable.

terry427
02-16-2019, 06:22 AM
And they are not only bullet sponges, I just got on top of a building and lobbed a Proximity Mine right on top of a Bison, it just made it more angry. I was one of the 'Monstrous' Bison but if a Proximity Mine dropped on it's head won't kill it, what will???
Seriously Ubisoft what fresh hell is this??????

Engager6
02-16-2019, 08:27 AM
And they are not only bullet sponges, I just got on top of a building and lobbed a Proximity Mine right on top of a Bison, it just made it more angry. I was one of the 'Monstrous' Bison but if a Proximity Mine dropped on it's head won't kill it, what will???
Seriously Ubisoft what fresh hell is this??????

Indeed, that makes no sense, other from being zero creativity "difficulty" scaler. I'm starting to think, that those "creative" ideas have something in common with the recient creativity of the Bethesda and are the new kind of the contagious disease. Something needs to be done here, before game would be dragged into F76 level. Ubi, save this game!

ChristophWr
02-16-2019, 09:13 AM
It is an awesome game and yes you have to shoot some animals with 50 bullets if you have a level 1 weapon and they are on level 4

angermanager
02-16-2019, 07:45 PM
So now we have level 1 weapons and level 4 animals, while the A.I walk about with a full range of modern weapons?
Ha ha.

angermanager
02-17-2019, 02:45 AM
OK, another few hours and things 'HAVE' improved a lot.

Thankfully, the shocking pink 'is not' all over the map, and there are parts of the map that look more in keeping with Farcry's beauty. Also the Aurora Borealis is a nice touch.

As things make more sense, I discovered that things like helicopters and cars etc are 'crafted' with the junk you collect, which makes a bit more sense of the junk.

Winning outposts gets you ethanol, and ethanol is used to upgrade the facilities, such as your garage, etc. The more you upgrade them, the better things you can make, i.e, different grade weaponry, or better helicopters.

Still 6-8 hours since I saw the twins though.

The_Father_Xmas
02-17-2019, 02:54 AM
All the crap to collect reminds me of the tedious collect-em-up grind from FC4.
Funny thing is, FC5 didn't have that, so I assumed Ubi had learned their lesson that people didn't like it. And yet here it is back again in full force... *smh*

And yes, the color is so vibrant it's actually nauseating.

Sparhawk122
02-17-2019, 03:48 AM
I'm just loving this, I'm in some area full of Bison, Cougars and Moose and am just dying over and over and over again trying to take one of these super creatures down. 6 shotgun head shots to a Bison and it's still coming, serious W T F???

It's to push the player in the direction of buying microtransactions. Make a game ridiculous grindy to encourage the impatient to spend on pay to win elements.

terry427
02-18-2019, 02:15 PM

I may have been a little hasty here, once you get some decent weapons (II or III level) it gets more manageable, but coming across those animals and tougher enemies so early in the game when you only have level I weapons was a bit hard to deal with.

LaMOi
02-18-2019, 02:47 PM
What annoys me ó is the bullet sponge wildlife could have some plausibility IF they had actually made some NEW models for them, so they actually looked MUTATED!!
But as they look almost identical to FC5, they become boring and tedious.

Itís just lazy.

At least PRIMAL had some new assets ó Sabertooth Tigers, woolly mammoths etc..

Iím soooooo glad I did not purchase, stayed around the forum to ask questions and read feedback.

I think there MAYBE hiding somewhere in New Dawn a OK game, but waiting for a sale I think is a better plan. There seems to be way too many frustrating elements.

Flanker1Six
02-18-2019, 03:38 PM
I haven't really had too much trouble with the "super animals", as I taught myself very early in the game to just avoid them to the maximum extent possible. Now "that" is a game play technique that really adds immersion to anyone's game!

Even better----I had my first "tiered" interaction with an enemy human NPC last night. Both my pistol and rifle are tier II, I snuck up to an enemy base, and got the drop on an enemy guard in a tower.. 6rds of 9mm (100 dmg/shot) at point blank range and still got my *** kicked.

In fairness it was a HEAVILY ARMORED enemy. How could I tell? They were wearing a motocross helmet, and plastic motocross chest protector; both well known for their ballistic tolerance. Oh yea----------------------and a midriff top under the chest protector. They may have been invulnerable (to my level)----but they were "sylishly" invulnerable! Not sure if the enemy was Tier II or Elite, but they were more than enough to defeat what should have been an easy kill for me.

In conclusion--this tiered **** blows elbow. Just sayin.............. because it almost totally obviates how well you play. Use good stealth like I did last night? Use an attack technique that should guarantee success (ambush from behind with what "should" be a lethal ballistic weapon)? Attack an enemy who for all practical intents (visually) is ballisticly naked? Don't mean nothin'. You're gone; they're not! I can feel that "avoidance technique" comin' on again!

The game play is good, the constant sound of near and far gunfire and explosions certainly mimics an ongoing civil was scenario (as long as the spawn ins AREN'T visible when they happen!). You can choose to attack or bypass (assuming the target is your own tier) as your mood and goal suits.

They should really hire me as a grossly overpayed consultant. I'd straighten this **** out in a minute! :rolleyes:

angermanager
02-19-2019, 06:30 AM
About 10 hours in and enjoying it more.
Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of looting boxes, but some of the side missions are quite good.

There are parts of the map that really are delightful, and I notice there is a big variation in the different types of trees. Sometimes when the sun shines through it's really beautiful. When I pick the flowers, I feel mean, as there are humming birds feeding on them ha ha.

It's a bit of a chore to have to keep upgrading, but I suppose that's how they make their money, with in game transactions from those who want to do it quickly. I'm more of a take my time kind of guy, as the environment is a great place to chill in FC games.

The bow and arrow is much better for hunting - I'm not a fan of hunting really, but I guess it's only A.I, even if it doesn't sit well with me.

garymjh
02-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Once you get something like an elite shotgun (I'm only halfway through the game and I have 3 elite weapons) the monstrous animals are easy to get. These animals are supposed to be only killable with the highest grade weaponry.

kniVes-6-
02-19-2019, 04:41 PM
little tip for elite animals... Farm for the legendary bow and use Gina (sharky side mission) to help but I guess you could use Jerome. Target the animal for Gina and shoot two arrows in the glowing yellow area while she distracts it. Use the bow to get double skins. The beast will reapear in a few minutes, rinse and repeat for more carbon, circuit boards etc.

angermanager
02-19-2019, 05:33 PM
I've killed a few elite animals with basic weapons, albeit both Bison.
I admit one happened to be in a field where there was a mortar ha ha, but I finished him off mostly with shots to the weak points.