PDA

View Full Version : Remove the annoying ui

Jacques-Le-Coq
02-15-2019, 01:07 AM
Its countless how many times i've been killed by the UI blocking my view, please change the "Breaking" and other forms of messaging. Also remove the ****ing "SoandSo" has left bar. It blocks the chat so nobody can see what anyone is saying.

ChampionRuby50g
02-15-2019, 01:26 AM
I made a thread about this not that long ago, check it here:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1991487-Team-breaking-warnings-and-deaths

It got some good mod attention, and hopefully this thread does too so the team can see, again, that we really need this change to happen.

mann61299
02-15-2019, 01:37 AM
^this

Jacques-Le-Coq
02-15-2019, 02:12 AM
I hope so, its getting annoying because the many situations i get in literally make or break winning the game or losing it. It sucks to lose a game when you eat a light covered by "YOUR TEAM IS BREAKING"

DoctorMcBatman
02-15-2019, 03:19 AM
Lol, this has been a request/issue for years. /shrug

Vakris_One
02-15-2019, 03:19 AM
They'll finally be updating the UI in the next patch according to their AMA on Reddit yesterday after the Warriors Den.

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/2f394c94acabceee7b7558f89a357130-png.jpg

ChampionRuby50g
02-15-2019, 03:22 AM
They'll finally be updating the UI in the next patch according to their AMA on Reddit yesterday after the Warriors Den.

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/2f394c94acabceee7b7558f89a357130-png.jpg

Holy sweet bejeezus. Our prayers have been answered after 2 years.

Vakris_One
02-15-2019, 03:33 AM
Holy sweet bejeezus. Our prayers have been answered after 2 years.
I know, it's crazy how quickly we got this! It only took them 2 years after launch to patch in some basic UI functionality into their game!

\o/

ChampionRuby50g
02-15-2019, 04:30 AM
I know, it's crazy how quickly we got this! It only took them 2 years after launch to patch in some basic UI functionality into their game!

\o/

Truly is a miracle, I know coding is hard work, but the speed at which Ubisoft devs implemented this after we told them about it is insane. Seriously amazing work, no other company could have done it this week

Tyrjo
02-15-2019, 11:15 AM
And of course they communicate this on reddit, not here.

Inzzane_79
02-15-2019, 11:33 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.......

Why do they even have an official Forum when they donīt care about it anyways

ChampionRuby50g
02-15-2019, 12:06 PM

I know right? We wouldnít of found out until patch notes otherwise, but thanks to the few that follow both forums and Reddit we do. Itís just so disappointing.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-15-2019, 12:39 PM
I know right? We wouldn’t of found out until patch notes otherwise, but thanks to the few that follow both forums and Reddit we do. It’s just so disappointing.

This was posted on the PS4 subreddit, as the team had been invited to do an AMA on there. This wasn't a conscious decision to post something only on reddit, it was part of the AMA hosted on a separate subreddit, not even the For Honor one.

This 'us and them' mentality has to stop. We read the forums, we're here every single day.

ChampionRuby50g
02-15-2019, 12:58 PM
This was posted on the PS4 subreddit, as the team had been invited to do an AMA on there. This wasn't a conscious decision to post something only on reddit, it was part of the AMA hosted on a separate subreddit, not even the For Honor one.

This 'us and them' mentality has to stop. We read the forums, we're here every single day.

We know that you, the mods read the forums. We know and understand that. We get that you send feedback. Thatís not the issue. The issue is that these issues that have been requested on the forums for years finally get solved, and we donít find out about it on the official forums, Reddit always gets the priority over Ubisofts own platform made for this kinda stuff. Like you said, the mod team are here everyday. So why doesnít this info get passed onto you guys who are active on here to tell us, when there is obviously a want to know of this kind of information. I know itís not the mods team fault, but this is the official forum. The higher ups need to use this platform more often. Like I said to another mod team member the other day, when I joined I thought my feedback would be acknowledged on streams, the forums would be the best source of info for the game. But itís not the case at all. A 3rd party website gets all the benefits that the forum should have. More public attention from the managers and devs. Itís like we donít exist to them.

Youíve got to ask why there is a ďus and themĒ mentality. Thereís a reason why so many members feel this way, thereís a reason why thereís this many comments/threads about this issue.

Vakris_One
02-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Can't we all just get along? If you cut a Redditor do they not bleed! :p

Kadete93
02-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Can't we all just get along? If you cut a Redditor do they not bleed! :p

True! we should be celebrating for this.

Now we know that the fix for the ladders is coming. Right?

UbiInsulin
02-15-2019, 08:26 PM
We know that you, the mods read the forums. We know and understand that. We get that you send feedback. That’s not the issue. The issue is that these issues that have been requested on the forums for years finally get solved, and we don’t find out about it on the official forums, Reddit always gets the priority over Ubisofts own platform made for this kinda stuff. Like you said, the mod team are here everyday. So why doesn’t this info get passed onto you guys who are active on here to tell us, when there is obviously a want to know of this kind of information. I know it’s not the mods team fault, but this is the official forum. The higher ups need to use this platform more often. Like I said to another mod team member the other day, when I joined I thought my feedback would be acknowledged on streams, the forums would be the best source of info for the game. But it’s not the case at all. A 3rd party website gets all the benefits that the forum should have. More public attention from the managers and devs. It’s like we don’t exist to them.

You’ve got to ask why there is a “us and them” mentality. There’s a reason why so many members feel this way, there’s a reason why there’s this many comments/threads about this issue.

I would point to the Q&As with Stefan where he answered many questions pulled from the forums. That's about as direct as you can get, short of devs actually posting here. I think it's worth keeping in mind that Eric works on a lot of higher level stuff, so it's not like he's flooding Reddit with posts in the same way that me (or Jurassic and Noty in the past) are able to. Reddit is simply a high traffic place that he needs to keep an eye on.

If we're here, it means you're being heard — and not just in a "I"ve seen it" way. I'm not going to waste your time and mine by not passing your feedback on.

I'm in agreement with you that the AMA should have been cross-posted here, so now it is :) :https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1998954-For-Honor-Dev-Team-AMA-Recap .

Vakris_One
02-15-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm in agreement with you that the AMA should have been cross-posted here, so now it is :) :https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1998954-For-Honor-Dev-Team-AMA-Recap .

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8680b2831ffad6615b4c4f2c2b4a2aaf/tumblr_p99c7qeRaW1qfyckyo1_400.jpg