PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki demons embrace spam

DongMagnumZhuo
02-14-2019, 04:44 PM
Having to desperately try to dodge out of the way of a tracking demon's embrace vortex is perhaps the worst thing I've ever experienced in For Honor. Shugoki *should* be functional, and actually viable, but making it so you can just use one singular combo that both heals you and stun locks your opponent basically removes any kind of skill from the experience. Also yes, I am clinically depressed, and Shugoki isn't helping with that. It's bad enough the community is so toxic that you can't go two matches without bumping into a troll of some variety, now you can't even play the game because someone picked Shug.

David_gorda
02-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Goki is still not good but playable.just practice against a bot or something .

DongMagnumZhuo
02-14-2019, 05:06 PM
Goki is still not good but playable.just practice against a bot or something .

The bots aren't as speedy as an actual player, nor do they replicate the combo as efficiently. It definitely isn't sufficient to learn the timing.

It's even worse if a character isn't good, but can cheese his way to victory by just choosing not to play.

Bjron_Ironside
02-14-2019, 05:16 PM
Dodge when he ducks down, or dodge + roll backwards when he ducks.

Kryltic
02-14-2019, 05:27 PM
Dodge when he ducks down, or dodge + roll backwards when he ducks.

Not sure what you're playing but I've found the Shugoki loves to hug people more than the Highlander loves to throw people around.

His tracking grabs me mid roll and even if I dodge/roll behind him. The tracking went from awful to possibly the best in the game.

Vakris_One
02-14-2019, 05:42 PM
What's the main problem you find when trying to dodge his hug? Do you feel you don't have enough time to react or is it more about misstiming the dodge?

Illyrian_King
02-14-2019, 06:42 PM
The embrace is already weak in high league.

Just learn the right time, when to dodge and there is no problem at all.

Not sure what you're playing but I've found the Shugoki loves to hug people more than the Highlander loves to throw people around.

His tracking grabs me mid roll and even if I dodge/roll behind him. The tracking went from awful to possibly the best in the game.

Yep Gokis spam it more, because it's about half of their whole kit. Highlanders have more choices.

But still the embrace is easy to dodge.

RiceComboA
02-14-2019, 07:01 PM
Your timing was off if he hugged you mid roll. Like everyone else mentioned. Dodge when he ducks down.
If you dodged too early, you could always unlock/roll when he ducks. Sometime you can DOUBLE DODGE his mix ups.
You will even have time to run back and GB him after recovering from your roll.....
In 1vX it's a little trickier of course, but one can say that about any bashers.

He has been out for a while and the majority of players have gotten used to him that spamming Demon Embrace is suicidal.

Kryltic
02-14-2019, 07:10 PM
I've dodged before, after and when he ducks and he gets me almost every time. Dodging behind him and he simply spins and grabs me. Roll backwards and he gets me.

I've found only dodge attacks work and even then it doesn't always work. The tracking is simply ridiculous and I play the Shugoki.