PDA

View Full Version : New game mode?

xxFratosxx
02-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Special Operations 4 needs to be the best of the year 2 update. There is a chance it may crossover with The Division 2.

My suggestion will be to pull a game mode from The Division 2

I as well as many others played The Division 2 Beta and took a look at the 4v4 PvP mode called Skirmish.

A mode where you have to eliminate the team lives to get victory sort of like Ghost War Elimination mode.

Keep in mind this isn't your unlimited lives Team Deathmatch mode.

Main difference is that each team share the amount of lives. So lets say that if we get this mode each team will have 12 lives.

After the 12 lives are used there is no more respawn lives for the remaining 4 players

The mode was surprisingly tactical cause in the beginning a lot of people was running and gunning cause they didn't get the concept of the mode.

The mode is set to give you a chance to be incapacitated when you lose your health but if the enemy player continue shooting after you incapacitated you will die.

This will deduct one life from the bucket of lives the team has.

Teammates must try to pickup the player thats incapacitated to reduce the teams lives so reviving is key.

There's also a countdown to respawn after you die so there is punishment to get back to your teammates in time to help them while being outnumbered.

One guy or newbie on my team literally used up 10 of the 16 lives left meaning our team only had 6 lives remaining while the enemy team had 14 left.

Of course we then talk to the guy to stop running and gunning to play tactical. We eventually stucked together offensively and defensively and turn that game around.

So I not saying give 16 lives to Ghost War. I think 12 lives will be good and set it as a 15 minute match. Maybe best out of 3 will be good.

The Division 2 had objectives that give boost so it gave reason to not just camp the entire time.

It also change the spawns around each time you die. This is to help so the enemies don't spawn trap you.

My suggestion if Ghost War was to put a mode to attract players to a area that has a objective such as recon tower, access point, extraction, sabotage, etc..

Maybe throughout the 15 mins all of these objectives can pop-up and give the team bonus points.

Victory can be the team eliminated first or the team points by the most objectives captured. Sort of like Conflict mode on Future Soldier.

Its a thought but I think a mode like this will give this game longevity especially if there is no year 3. What you guys think?

Maybe name the mode Search and Destroy or Search and Destroy?

Bugra-Sertel
02-13-2019, 04:55 PM
The idea of me having to share my number of losses with my teammates, who could never deserve such a cruel fate by the way, really makes me hate the skirmish mode.

Learn to play?

Sure! I just don't want to get kicked in the process.

xxFratosxx
02-13-2019, 05:56 PM
The idea of me having to share my number of losses with my teammates, who could never deserve such a cruel fate by the way, really makes me hate the skirmish mode.

Learn to play?

Sure! I just don't want to get kicked in the process.

I respect that and totally understand. Overall it is a fun mode on some games. First time I seen it in a shooter. My kids had me play a Naruto 4v4 game recently that actually had us share lives just like skirmish to eliminate enemy team lives. If I not mistaking I think For Honor has a mode close to this. So it works well in fighting games but when its now in shooters its more tactical and less reckless especially if you don't have much to replenish your health. You can't win by selfish acts it requires team work. Depending on your teammates of course.

ManticButton
02-13-2019, 11:08 PM
I remember gears of war's main modes have this feature interesting

cormybaby
02-14-2019, 06:13 PM
“Search and Destroy or Search and Destroy”? Hmmm... both make such valid points. It’s tougg to choose.

xxFratosxx
02-16-2019, 02:09 PM
“Search and Destroy or Search and Destroy”? Hmmm... both make such valid points. It’s tougg to choose.

I didn't realize I put it twice lol. I was thinking of another name at the time. i guess Search and Destroy takes the win.

YaBoiRoy49
02-17-2019, 04:15 AM
xxFratosxx it is a good idea in theory, but I feel there would be way more draws due to the nature of how slow this game can be. You would either have to have everyone marked or limit it to less response like 3-5.

xxFratosxx
02-17-2019, 02:10 PM
xxFratosxx it is a good idea in theory, but I feel there would be way more draws due to the nature of how slow this game can be. You would either have to have everyone marked or limit it to less response like 3-5.

True.

Vikk Damone
02-17-2019, 10:14 PM
We just need conflict back with infinite lives and random respawns

Conflict is a game mode in ghost recon future soldier and it had a search and destroy type game mode

You had 2 1/2 minutes to plant the bomb if you didn’t you lose that score. And the next objective would be killed HVT on the opposing team within 2 1/2 minutes. Then you had team death match for another 2 1/2 minutes,

It was a small things like that for 10 minutes with infinite lives nonstop back to back and at the end of those 10 minutes The team who scored the most objectives wins

This is what we need back, conflict

#MakeConflictGreatAgain