PDA

View Full Version : So it if forbidden to talk about Pope now..

Corentin10111
02-12-2019, 11:06 AM
There is a huge problem with the community team of For Honor. A lot of us feel like the issues we talk about on the forums are not heard, maybe because of the mods who doesn't give a proper feedback to the devs, maybe because of Eric Pope who is the community manager for For Honor, either way we need to find out what is going wrong. Only, when we talk about it, the posts are suppressed.
An exemple: you can see here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1992187-Warrior-s-Den-February-7th) that Vakris_One quoted a removed post. I recieved a message from a moderator saying that " calling for the jobs of individual Ubi employees is considered the same as flaming." but if it is forbidden to question the one in charge, what can we talk about to find a solution? A job with responsabilities comes with....responsabilities. So i think it is important to be able to talk about Pope behaviour. Am i crazy?

Goat_of_Vermund
02-12-2019, 11:40 AM
You aren't crazy, you are the Luther of For Honor. : )

They really don't use Warrior's den the intended way, and it is quite shameful how they solve balance problems or known exploits. We are really tired to wait for months on reworks, especially since some of them are terrible. Memes are the obvious solution to hide problems.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Hi there,

There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning anything, criticism is completely fine, but saying "it's time for X to be fired" and such is absolutely unacceptable. You don't call for someone to lose their job over something you don't enjoy in a videogame.

Regarding your feedback about the Den, that's completely fine, but at the end of the day I really don't think you understand how live streams work, and the teams that are involved. Balancing team is not the same as the team working on the Den, if we have no information to share, we aren't going to make things up just to have content. The Den has always been a great way for us to interact with the community, provide information and showcase community creations. Feedback is always appreciated as we always want to improve where we can, but as I said earlier, if there's nothing to share about a specific topic, it won't be brought up.

Goat_of_Vermund
02-12-2019, 04:13 PM
We understand that the Community Managment is not in charge of balance and development, but they represent the entire developer team. That is why people are a bit angry when they do not adress problems everyone is talking about in all the comment sections. The newest thing is bp shieldbash, but huge balance issues were spoken about for a year without any change (conqueror, berserker for example).
If it takes months to tweak a few numbers on some of the weakest heroes while leaving the strongest untouched, it is a reasonable expectation from us to at least hear thoughts and reasons. At least personal opinions if nothing official.
To leave something constructive here, I suggest that the den should have a part where they speak about certain topics while adressing the opinion of forums, reddit, youtubers, tournament players, and if available, balance team. It could be done in 15 minutes/den. Examples for the topics of this segment: Nobushi balance in year 3 and the possible future for the character, Revenge mode and deathballs in team modes, Conqueror in duels and forwarded ideas to balance him, Vortiger: overall feedback and balance ideas, Spam vs Turtles. To see that you know about these problems and acknowledge our feedbacks would make it all so much more positive.

Corentin10111
02-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Haha thanks Goat_of_Vermund but i don't deserve this.

As Goat_of_Vermund said, the community manager, so Mr Eric Pope, is directly responsable of the communication of the development teamS, with an S. He is the one that should go to the other teams and ask them where they are at and give informations to the community. So at the end of the day I really think I understand how live streams work, and the teams that are involved. I know that the Balancing team is not the same as the team working on the Den and it doesn't discredit any of my remarks.
This being said, instead of spending hours to do meme reviews, he should for exemple, tell us why we have to wait months (almost year in some cases) between tweaks, and why they don't use PTS. He should talk about the many disapointment, issues and solutions brought by the community on the forums. I may sound stupid but this is why it was created...
He could change his behavior and admit the fact that he never acknowledges recurrent threads or criticism. Again, as Goat_of_Vermund said, all this could be done in 15 minutes/den but i can't recall the last time he spent 1mn to talk about such things.
I will end this message by saying that many people on these forum spend more time and energy than Pope to improve For honor. I don't "call for someone to lose their job over something you don't enjoy in a videogame" which would be subjective, i say that he is objectivly doing a really bad job and the situation might be way better if he was replaced by someone competent.

Devils-_-legacy
02-12-2019, 08:31 PM
there basically saying constructive criticism rather then the way reddit can tend to react

UbiInsulin
02-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Closing this thread, as public discussion of moderation is against forum rules (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142082&viewfull=1#post10142082). PM me if you have additional concerns.

Moderation actions – These are not a topic for public discussion, if you have a serious issue to raise with moderation actions taken against you or in general, please contact a Community Manager. Flaming moderators or their actions (this includes telling them how to moderate) is no more acceptable than insulting a regular user. We ask that moderators receive the same civil treatment as other forum members as they put in a lot of time and effort into these forums. If you need to contact a moderator or community manager, you can view that forum’s moderator list under its title (e.g. Splinter Cell) on the main forum index.

There are many threads on here criticizing the game, criticizing the Warrior's Den, and criticizing the work we do on the Community team. The vast majority of this criticism is fine and part of the reason we have these forums, tbh. There are a few limits, such as naming individual people and saying they deserve to lose work. I wouldn't let one forum user say that about another forum user, so we don't tolerate it with Ubi employees either.