PDA

View Full Version : Griping about a few things.

StallionHeart
02-12-2019, 05:37 AM
Hello everyone!

What's up with the penalty for leaving a match? Seen it go from 10min to 15min. I'm actually fine with that. Perhaps it should be longer. But I shouldn't be penalized when I'm playing breach and everyone else decides to leave, and it's me and 3 bots versus the world. Bots that just now got stuck on the ladder all the while I'm getting wrecked. I care about my stats... and shouldn't have to choose between destroying my numbers or getting a 15min break. Maybe in a team based match, the first person to quit gets a 20min penalty. The 2nd gets a 15min. 3rd a 10min. And 4th a 5min. Idk.

Another thing... I've been banned from using chat for saying things that honestly were toxic. I accept that. But now every time my ability to chat is restored I am immediately banned again. Even though I didn't say anything wrong. I tested it, and just chatted positive things and sure enough... banned again.

Thanks for reading.

atac56
02-12-2019, 05:51 AM
you cant have it both ways. first youre saying the quit penalty should be longer then youre saying its not fair if it affects you. you leaving after your partner leaves is for the very same reason your partner left: you don't want to lose
i think the quit penalty should just be removed. i cant imagine having a quit penalty helps the games population,especially when people are still leaving every match im in

ChampionRuby50g
02-12-2019, 06:29 AM
Gotta give you some credit though OP. Usually when someone is complaining about chat bans, they say theyve done nothing wrong and it wasn't toxic and people should harden up etc. You are the first person to probably admit that it was toxic and accepts that. Good stuff. Real weird about you still get banned. As Evo said, go to customer support. They could take a few days to get back to you though.

Vakris_One
02-12-2019, 02:59 PM
Technically that's not supposed to happen. If you are the last human player left on your team you can quit without getting a penalty. The devs confirmed this on one of the Warriors Dens.

You can file a support ticket with customer support and have them investigate this.

UbiInsulin
02-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Technically that's not supposed to happen. If you are the last human player left on your team you can quit without getting a penalty. The devs confirmed this on one of the Warriors Dens.

You can file a support ticket with customer support and have them investigate this.

Good idea, but there's no need as this happens to be an issue that I've already reported for investigation.

@OP I'm not familiar with the chat ban problem, or whether this is working as intended or not. Was there an original ban length that was mentioned to you when you initially got banned? What messages do you get when your ability to chat is restored and then taken away again?

StallionHeart
02-13-2019, 02:10 AM
Good idea, but there's no need as this happens to be an issue that I've already reported for investigation.

@OP I'm not familiar with the chat ban problem, or whether this is working as intended or not. Was there an original ban length that was mentioned to you when you initially got banned? What messages do you get when your ability to chat is restored and then taken away again?

Ubi sent me an email saying that I was banned from chat, and then another saying it was restored. Guess it was a really short ban.

But since then Ive had the chat come and go. Like 3hrs ago I was able to chat saying, WTF!!! GET THE SHIELD BANNER!!! No curses or anything. And now Im totally unable to chat. I press F9 and nothing happens. I press T and nothing also.

Also! That rumor about not being penalized for leaving the match when everyone else did before you is totally FALSE.

I decided to play some Dominion to escape the stress of Breach. At least in Dominion people know where to go and what to do so its all about being able to kill effectively. But everyone decided to leave, and so I did the same and here I am chatting with you fine folks instead of playing.

UbiInsulin
02-13-2019, 02:23 AM
Ubi sent me an email saying that I was banned from chat, and then another saying it was restored. Guess it was a really short ban.

But since then I’ve had the chat come and go. Like 3hrs ago I was able to chat saying, “WTF!!! GET THE SHIELD BANNER!!!” No curses or anything. And now I’m totally unable to chat. I press F9 and nothing happens. I press “T” and nothing also.

Also! That rumor about not being penalized for leaving the match when everyone else did before you is totally FALSE.

I decided to play some Dominion to escape the stress of Breach. At least in Dominion people know where to go and what to do so it’s all about being able to kill effectively. But everyone decided to leave, and so I did the same and here I am chatting with you fine folks instead of playing.

I said in my above post that I reported the issue with getting penalized when all of your teammates are bots. As far as I know this is not working as intended if you're getting the penalty.

I'd get in touch with https://support.ubi.com so they can investigate your situation. I would make it clear that you're not disputing the ban (because as you said: you did merit the ban, so your appeal would be denied), but that you're wondering if there's some sort of issue.