PDA

View Full Version : Anno 1404 running on Windows 10 ?

OldCar6
02-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Hi, anyone here running the game on Win 10 ?

nstiller1906
02-14-2019, 02:49 PM
yes, running on Win10. But Fighting against graphic Problems...
running with lower Resolution works fine.

dmdilks
02-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Mine runs fine in windows 10. The game was made to run in directx 10. But it never did well running in that mode.

What you do is go into option and turn stuff off.

1 Anisotropic Filtering - Off
2 Anti-aliasing should be already " Off" - leave it that way Off.
3 Post Effects - Off
4 Clouds - Off.

gallion2016
04-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Yes, and I've ran into problems starting yesterday. I had a Windows update done, and now when I go into my saved game, it says Load Failed. Help! :confused:

dmdilks
04-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Do all save fail or just the most recent one. One other thing do you have a online account. If you do turn if off and see if the saves load. If they are have problems with the online accounts that might be the problem.

gallion2016
04-13-2019, 04:47 PM
dmdilks ~ I don't have an account with Steam if that's where you mean. Only account I have is here. I can check again though. But now today, I uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, and it asks for an activation code. I don't have this, and cannot get it from the website, as it shows an error message for some reason. Only thing I have is the serial number. The Venice extension of the game works fine.

dmdilks
04-14-2019, 02:00 PM
I'm talking about the online account in the game. Plus you don't need keys for this game as long as you do all the patch updates first.

https://www.patches-scrolls.com/anno_1404.php

gallion2016
04-15-2019, 09:28 PM
I've updated the patches as far as I'm aware of... and now, I can't get Venice to run. It freezes up haha :rolleyes:

Ubi-Woofer
10-09-2019, 09:37 AM
I've updated the patches as far as I'm aware of... and now, I can't get Venice to run. It freezes up haha :rolleyes:

Hey gallion2016, are you still having issues with running ANNO 1404 / Venice? Have you ensured to update the game to the latest version?

We have a number of basic PC troubleshooting steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025947/Basic-PC-Troubleshooting/) that I'd like to recommend that you complete, as well as investigating compatibility options for the game on your configuration. It may help to run the game in compatibility mode. :)

dmdilks
10-09-2019, 02:55 PM
it asks for an activation code. I don't have this, and cannot get it from the website, as it shows an error message for some reason. Only thing I have is the serial number. The Venice extension of the game works fine.

I'm getting the same thing. I just install the game through UPlay and it too is asking for keys. Plus yes Venice is running fine too. Uplay has the key there just below the play button. The key is for Venice. There is no Key for the base game. So we have a game that you only can play have of it because they only gave US one KEY!!!!!

One other thing if we have a UPlay account and you buy games through it why do we need KEYS. Plus one other thing this is the GOLD EDITION it is one game not two games. It is installed as one game so why do we two different KEY???

The other thing is I own almost every DOD/1404 games out through different sellers. I did this to help people with their problems. If you have DOD/Venice, 1404/Venice, & either one of them in the Gold Edition. AS long as you do all the UPDATES you don't need any KEYS. If you install it through like Uplay & Steams you have to have KEYS WHY.

Plus I just look at my Box Ver. Gold Edition 1404 and they only give you ONE KEY. Do the Kings 3.1 update no KEY NEEDED.

Ubi-Woofer
10-10-2019, 08:22 AM
I'm getting the same thing. I just install the game through UPlay and it too is asking for keys. Plus yes Venice is running fine too. Uplay has the key there just below the play button. The key is for Venice. There is no Key for the base game. So we have a game that you only can play have of it because they only gave US one KEY!!!!!

One other thing if we have a UPlay account and you buy games through it why do we need KEYS. Plus one other thing this is the GOLD EDITION it is one game not two games. It is installed as one game so why do we two different KEY???

The other thing is I own almost every DOD/1404 games out through different sellers. I did this to help people with their problems. If you have DOD/Venice, 1404/Venice, & either one of them in the Gold Edition. AS long as you do all the UPDATES you don't need any KEYS. If you install it through like Uplay & Steams you have to have KEYS WHY.

Plus I just look at my Box Ver. Gold Edition 1404 and they only give you ONE KEY. Do the Kings 3.1 update no KEY NEEDED.

Hey dmdilks, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with keys, too.

Can you confirm for me how / from where you acquired the game, and if Uplay PC shows any keys for the game by following the instructions here (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000025265/Locating-your-activation-key-in-Uplay-PC-UPC)?

Can you clarify for me whether this is occurring with one particular version / edition of the game too, as you have mentioned having multiple?

dmdilks
10-10-2019, 12:31 PM
This is a Uplay game in my game list. I did what the link you put up and it only shows one key. That has four set of characters. (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) It only works with Venice. The base game needs 5 sets of characters (XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).

Ubi-Woofer
10-11-2019, 08:09 AM
This is a Uplay game in my game list. I did what the link you put up and it only shows one key. That has four set of characters. (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) It only works with Venice. The base game needs 5 sets of characters (XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX).

Are you able to PM me a screenshot of the key entry screen, showing that the key you are trying to enter is not accepted? Additionally, can you send me a screenshot of the "My Games" page with just the one key displayed?

I'll be able to investigate further from there. :)

dmdilks
10-11-2019, 03:00 PM
I sent you a PM

Ubi-Woofer
10-11-2019, 03:20 PM
I sent you a PM

Thanks, I've just taken a look and replied to you! We'll continue troubleshooting this issue privately there, as I may need to collect further details about your account / purchase.

Should anyone else require assistance with a similar issue, don't hesitate to drop me a PM as well.

dmdilks
10-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Ok I installed my 1404 Gold Edition onto my Laptop. The first one I click on was the base game. It started without a key because it is up to date and you don't need a key pass the 1.1 patch.

Now because the add-on Venice isn't up to date. I need the key for that one. But If I had done the 3.1 patch before I ran the game no key needed.

The problem is Uplay it isn't see the base game isn't up to date and you don't need a KEY. So what it is doing is asking for key for a game that is up to date that you don't need one.

As long as you do all the updates for the game you shouldn't need any key at all. https://anno1404.fandom.com/wiki/Copyright_protection

dmdilks
10-20-2019, 02:10 PM
To update this I just went around & around with support and they can't fix!!! This is my last reply to them.

Ok I just tried to uninstall & reinstall the game and I'm still getting the same thing.

I can install my 1404 and do the updates and no key is needed. Then install Venice and do the update no keys needed!!!!!

If I install my 1404 Gold Edition and do the 3.1 update no keys needed!!!!!

I can even install my steam Dawn of Discovery / Venice and don't need keys!!!!!

But here I can only play this game through Uplay and have to jump through hoops to install keys to play the game. WHY? Plus only half the game too.

Why do we even need key codes here on Uplay for games that we can only play through Uplay WHY?????

Plus I only install it to help somebody on the Anno Forums that is having the same problem. To see if I was getting the same thing.

PLUS CLOSE THE TICKET BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FIX IT.

I'M SORRY BUT IT IS VERY SAD WE OUR AT THIS POINT WITH A UPDATED GAME THAT I SHOULDN'T EVEN NEED KEYS.

THANKS
Dave

dmdilks
10-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Ok I was getting my work computer setup to sell. Didn't know I had a 120gb SSD in the back of it. I took it out and install it into another computer.

It booted up and I had Uplay on it and ready for this. It had Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition install on it. Plus I could play both the base and the add-on. Plus it has just the one key too.

Now if it work back when I ever install it. But now why do I need 2 different keys to get it to work now. When I tried to install it on that computer on different SSD.

Now I have see a lot of things on computers. So could it be that it was seeing the Uplay and DOD on the other drive. Could it be I was having conflict with the other drive.

dmdilks
10-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Ok WOW I got it to work. If you do have a key for the base game you have to go through couple of steps. What I did was I tried the key it is showing. That one didn't work.

Then I click on the box I want to receive a code. then it will open box where you add the key. I did have a key code for the base game DOD gold edition. I put it in and it work this time where it didn't before.

Why I don't know this Ubisoft and you have to do thing just right or it might not work. But again why do we need keys for a game you can only play on Uplay.

Plus the key that they show it is only for the add-on Venice.