PDA

View Full Version : Video resolution problem

BSS_Vidar
03-05-2005, 03:17 AM
S! guys, I need some help,

I can only display Pac Fighters in a game set-up resolution of 840 X 460 without the image blowing up so big, that I only can see 1/4 of what is being displayed. I tried a screen shot with a higher game resolution setting, but it comes out normal, even though I'm seeing a hugh blow-up of the upper left corner of the game.

Has anyone seen this before? How can I get a higher resolution setting in the game set-up without it magnifying so much? The game doesn't scroll throughout the when the mouse pointer gets to the edge of the display, I can't get to any of the button that are off the display, so I have to do a 3-fingered-salute to terminate the game.

My desk top is set at 1280 X 720. I have the Asus ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB card with the 5.2 Catalyst drivers.

Any help would be great.

S!

BSS_Vidar
03-05-2005, 03:17 AM
S! guys, I need some help,

I can only display Pac Fighters in a game set-up resolution of 840 X 460 without the image blowing up so big, that I only can see 1/4 of what is being displayed. I tried a screen shot with a higher game resolution setting, but it comes out normal, even though I'm seeing a hugh blow-up of the upper left corner of the game.

Has anyone seen this before? How can I get a higher resolution setting in the game set-up without it magnifying so much? The game doesn't scroll throughout the when the mouse pointer gets to the edge of the display, I can't get to any of the button that are off the display, so I have to do a 3-fingered-salute to terminate the game.

My desk top is set at 1280 X 720. I have the Asus ATI 9800 Pro 256 MB card with the 5.2 Catalyst drivers.

Any help would be great.

S!

VF-29_Sandman
03-05-2005, 04:40 AM
in the displays tab on the vid card setup...click on the monitor tab that's shown as active. then u'll see in 'attributes', a thing called 'ddc info'. if this is unchecked, the vid rez will blow up to xtreme size. more like....supersized x's 2. see if that's unchecked. if it is, check it and hit apply. problem should be solved.

BSS_Vidar
03-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Thnx Sandy!

Manually adjusting the resolution via the "Attributs" settings fixed the problem. I had more resolution settings to choose from, hence allowing me to set my decktop and game settings the same.

For those of you that don't download the ATI drivers with the Catalyist, you're missing out.