PDA

View Full Version : Dogfight and Coop

Eagle1_Division
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I just got my hyperlobby to work, and it wasn't quiet what i expected. I dont mean to be critical but i find it annoying u cant refly after being shot down on coop, thats 1 of the main things that pulled me out of SP, "refly" but i cant seem to find any servers that have "dogfight" maps were u can refly for bombers, just dogifghts, i would like to be able to fly dogfight in a naval battle and bomb the enemy ships, get shot down, and refly. but this just seems all too rare...

Eagle1_Division
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I just got my hyperlobby to work, and it wasn't quiet what i expected. I dont mean to be critical but i find it annoying u cant refly after being shot down on coop, thats 1 of the main things that pulled me out of SP, "refly" but i cant seem to find any servers that have "dogfight" maps were u can refly for bombers, just dogifghts, i would like to be able to fly dogfight in a naval battle and bomb the enemy ships, get shot down, and refly. but this just seems all too rare...

Zeus-cat
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
There are dogfight servers out there. I play with a squad on our own servers, so I can't tell you where to find them.

I find the dead is dead feature on coops to be a nice feature. It forces you to think about your virtual life and not get reckless.

Old_Canuck
09-11-2006, 06:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle1_Division:
I just got my hyperlobby to work, and it wasn't quiet what i expected. I dont mean to be critical but i find it annoying u cant refly after being shot down on coop, thats 1 of the main things that pulled me out of SP, "refly" but i cant seem to find any servers that have "dogfight" maps were u can refly for bombers, just dogifghts, i would like to be able to fly dogfight in a naval battle and bomb the enemy ships, get shot down, and refly. but this just seems all too rare... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two dogfight servers that often have bombers are Zeke Vs Wildcats (I've flown the Betty bomber in there) and Darkskies where you can often fly the TB3 or Ju 88s for example. I'm sure there are others. I like flying the heavies too so come on in to Darkskies some morning and we can form up :-)

VW-IceFire
09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle1_Division:
I just got my hyperlobby to work, and it wasn't quiet what i expected. I dont mean to be critical but i find it annoying u cant refly after being shot down on coop, thats 1 of the main things that pulled me out of SP, "refly" but i cant seem to find any servers that have "dogfight" maps were u can refly for bombers, just dogifghts, i would like to be able to fly dogfight in a naval battle and bomb the enemy ships, get shot down, and refly. but this just seems all too rare... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
UK-Dedicated - every map features ground targets and usually both sides have targets and bombers to hit them with.

Bearcat99
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Even though you cant hit refly in them..COOPS are where it's at. Get your online chops up to snuff in DF servers.... fine tune them in COOPS.

sudoku1941
09-11-2006, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> i find it annoying u cant refly after being shot down on coop </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and your team finds it annoying that you failed utterly and got shot down.

You're missing the idea of the co-op. It's ONE co-operative team MISSION. You complete the mission and hopefully do enough to win...or fail to complete the mission and possibly lose. Seeing as you got shot down, you failed, and may have contributed to your side losing (if plane count is part of the victory conditions). You don't deserve another shot at it.

Dogfight servers are different: there the fight's the only consideration, and it's supposedly OK not to return to base or survive, so replaning is allowed.

Fly better next time you fly a co-op. That's part of the deal that you want to survive it.

TAW_Oilburner
09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes, coop is definately where it's at. However, if you like the airquake style more and don't mind a harder difficulty level, zeke vs wildcat and pacific conflict regularly have bomber missions you can fly.

vocatx
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
If you don't already have it, get Teamspeak. Then, join a server (Zekes vs. Wildcats or Pacific Conflict is where I'm usually at on df servers) and fly WITH someone. If nothing else, just listening to more experienced folks will teach you a lot. Plus, you can get warned and warn other people when someone's saddling them up. If you can catch some of the Horsemen on ZvW, we'll try and show you the ropes.

If you can get into co-ops with some good flyers, using Teamspeak (TS), you can learn loads of stuff in short order. Like stated above, co-ops mean cooperation to complete the objective, and TS makes things a lot easier.

Vanderstok
09-12-2006, 01:25 AM
I also did my first Coop online the other day and liked it much more than Dogfights servers. I actually had the sensation of being in a team, flying in formation to intercept enemy bombers. Managed to stay alive and shoot down 2 bombers before I had to return to base because I was shot up. New experience: navigating using the map, because minimap path was not turned on! Asking directions from the tower didn't do much good, because the controller spoke russian! (Leningrag map). Luckily, the terrain was recognisable as I was flying near the coast and I was able to follow a road back to base and land there.

However, that's when fun stops. There is no way of watching other teammates doing battle. I waited for some time, but there was also no "end game" screen which could tell me how well our team did, if the objectives were met etc. Very disappointing!! Is this normal?
I will install teamspeak and see if I can get a better idea of what is going on during a battle...

Diablo310th
09-12-2006, 10:28 AM
War-clouds is another dogfight server with bombers on every map.

mrsiCkstar
09-12-2006, 07:40 PM
I love WarClouds... but their death limit stinks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

vocatx
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Some co-ops have externals enabled. The guys I fly with fly "full switch" except for externals, with a gentlemen's agreement that you can't use them while flying. If you take damage, you have to have someone else check your plane over from the outside. If you get shot down, you can watch the fight, but you can't give advice or warnings to those still in the fight.

Diablo310th
09-13-2006, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrsiCkstar:
I love WarClouds... but their death limit stinks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...it should be set at 1 instead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

mrsiCkstar
09-13-2006, 06:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif