PDA

View Full Version : Vortiger-What were they thinking

bramboforce
02-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Vortiger is the newest hero in the game, and so far he's been a mixed bag for me. At first the idea of him was cool - A hero with full block stance that can block anything and simple two hit combos. He seemed like new version of Warlord but instead we got new Conqueror. He shield bashes all the same and better, has annoying full blockstance and is annoying to fight against in general. Why would they want another spammy hero is beyond my thinking capacity but I'am sure they heard at least some Conqueror complains.

His shield bashes are fast (Same or faster than Conq's) and have more opportunities to be thrown in, not the mention the current bug where when you are hit with his light when outta stamina the shield bash follow up is guaranteed.
The bulwark stance is apparently supossed to be anti-gank tool, but does even better in 1v1 and 2v1, since if timed right will guarantee hit after you block any attack with it and takes fair bit of time to do therefore is really ideal thing for gankers. I do not usually play 4v4 modes but when I do I'am amazed in what ways can people gank. Having said that, Vortiger is gankers wet dream. As I said before the pancake flip takes long time and is easy to pull of in ganks
. His abilities also seem to be geared towards ganking, like his heal when in bulwark stance one which essentially keeps you in fight and acts as a bait almost like a revive. His shield breaking ability breaks away and shields enemy has, very much including revenge shield, therefore when you finally get that revenge in 2v1 it's going to be taken away like your hope of survival. And of course his ability to give shields to hi allies with two abilities isn't exactly gank.y but it can serve to save his allies whom you are about to kill which is unpleaseant but over all not that much of an issue.

Anyway thanks for reading and feel free to comment your thoughts bellow !

Tyrjo
02-09-2019, 08:31 AM
What they were thinking?

"How do we sell season passes?"

ArchDukeInstinct
02-09-2019, 08:48 AM
There's a lot of key differences between Black Prior and Conqueror. One being that Black Prior actually has offense outside of the dash into shield bash.

XtremeDeath22
02-09-2019, 07:46 PM
As últimas 5 classes criadas no jogo estão desequilibradas demais para qualquer combate, e há movimentações ridículas como o vortiger conseguir passar a valkirya por cima mesmo ela dando uma rasteira nele, isso vale para o shaolin também, por favor ubisoft, tenha bom senso e de um equilíbrio na jogabilidade dessas classes que vocês não fizeram mais fortes que as outras para vender a um preço alto e fazer o tão conhecido PAY TO WIN.

Knight_Raime
02-09-2019, 08:02 PM
Personally I think he's probably the smartest designed hero they've done so far. Sure he needs some number adjustments/tweaks. But every hero does. I'm pretty surprised considering I didn't think they could top the design of tiandi/Shaolin.

Comisari0
02-10-2019, 07:07 AM
shield bash + light is ALL what you need to be a "skilled" player with this character. And aybe in 6-8 months Ubi could nerf it. And imagine this in a match with 4-5 Vortigay... just sit and watch the shield bash show.

Hormly
02-10-2019, 07:52 AM
Vortigay...

Ha