PDA

View Full Version : Year 2 Update - Special Operation 4

Ubi-Alien
02-07-2019, 06:03 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/ghost-recon/grw/so4_month_announcement_2200x630_header_343700.png

Hello Ghosts,

We are immensely grateful for all the support you have shown during all of our Special Operation updates. You answered Sam Fisher’s call, provided backup to Team Rainbow, and showed Little Brother the ropes.

This month we’ll be releasing the final update for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Special Operation 4.

We will have more intel about Special Operation 4 available soon.

Talisman_83
02-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait

420JJ
02-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for continuing to support this great game.

Oompa--Loompa.
02-07-2019, 09:28 PM
so its gona be a a division one ...

420JJ
02-08-2019, 01:55 AM
so its gona be a a division one ...
I wouldn't think so. The Division seems to kind of exist in it's own timeline/canon involving the collapse of USA. That being said, Division agents still would exist in the Wildlands timeline without the collapse happening so who knows?

OneFromHell
02-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Oh wow. Thank you so much.

mamooka30
02-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Great news!

Wild-Recon
02-09-2019, 09:11 AM
I wouldn't think so. The Division seems to kind of exist in it's own timeline/canon involving the collapse of USA. That being said, Division agents still would exist in the Wildlands timeline without the collapse happening so who knows?

There is one Tom Clancy's universe if I understand correctly: https://youtu.be/BdO95XqqKS8?t=163

And looks like The Division is a part of it. And Wildlands can happen before or after The Division events. Also, there is already clothes and weapons from first The Division in Wildlands.

P.S. I'm more interested will there be Year 3 pass or game won't be supported anymore wuth a new content.

Wild-Recon
02-09-2019, 10:11 AM
seems like its coinciding with div2.

Or Far Cry New Dawn (or Far Cry 5) which in released this month too. :) Maybe Hurk missions where Ghosts need o find him and rescue from Cartel?

LaMOi
02-09-2019, 10:20 AM
FG KNIFE !!!

For the love of all things Ghost Recon Wildlands!!

Make it happen Ubisoft!

Oompa--Loompa.
02-09-2019, 12:50 PM
most likely its a division one with the mission being prior the virus or leading to division 2 plot
the new operators will be a barricade/shield deploy and a mine seeker who will reveal/defuse l all mines in nearby proximity both on support class (making em total marksman 8 assault 9 and support 8)

KillerStranger
02-11-2019, 03:32 PM
I cant wait, but if Ubisoft permit the mods in the game, like skyrim or GTA, This game will have even more time to live and a lot of replayability. I see it almost impossible but it is worth dreaming: p

Or Far Cry New Dawn (or Far Cry 5) which in released this month too. :) Maybe Hurk missions where Ghosts need o find him and rescue from Cartel?

420JJ
02-11-2019, 08:03 PM
There is one Tom Clancy's universe if I understand correctly: https://youtu.be/BdO95XqqKS8?t=163

And looks like The Division is a part of it. And Wildlands can happen before or after The Division events. Also, there is already clothes and weapons from first The Division in Wildlands.

P.S. I'm more interested will there be Year 3 pass or game won't be supported anymore wuth a new content.

Wildlands starts in the summer of 2019. The Division timeline kicks off with the NYC quarantine in Dec. 2015 based on newspaper marketing materials for the game. America is collapsed at that point and hasn't recovered even by the time the Division 2 takes place. It is a hypothetical scenario that Ubi came up with and it is not part of the Wildlands timeline. It just wouldn't fit. That being said, The Division agents are canon and exist in the Clancy-verse now, but the scenario in the Division game is not. It's weird, but that's how it is.

It is one of the things about the Clancy games that is frustrating. You have to look up wikis and jump through mental hoops to organize it all together, but I still love it.

I personally would love a H.A.W.X. mission where the Ghosts get fighter support. I'm 99% sure that won't happen, but that's what I would like. I miss H.A.W.X.! With Ace Combat 7 out Ubi should make a new H.A.W.X!

P.S. There definitely is multiple Clancy timelines. Remember End War? Ubi doesn't shy away from making a Clancy game that's good, even if it doesn't fit the canon neatly. The same can be said of Far Cry New Dawn. Since part 3 they included references to Assassin's Creed, for example, suggesting they were part of the same AC/FC/WATCH DOGS timeline/universe. Well that's all out the window now with New Dawn. I actually don't mind this because trying to tie multiple franchises together boxes you in creatively with the individual franchise for the sake of the meta-franchise.

Ocelot013
02-12-2019, 09:43 AM
good news.
so is there any plan to announce new special operations in this year or it would be the last update and Ubisoft doesn't have any plan to update this game?

420JJ
02-12-2019, 03:25 PM
good news.
so is there any plan to announce new special operations in this year or it would be the last update and Ubisoft doesn't have any plan to update this game?
They're making updates 5 and 6 as well. They said recently that updates 5 and 6 will be merged into one update. So it seems we'll get at least one more big update after #4. After that, who knows?

hybridgryphon
02-12-2019, 05:27 PM
Research the skell tech website and do all ur info grabbing for the easter eggs. My guess sam fisher now the commander fo 4th echelon (lamberts job 3rd echelon) he is recruiting nomad to be the new splinter. The team goes on with little brother to run the future soldier series. By definition Nomad is the man without a country. EVEN captain americas death he comes back as nomad. Sam likes nomad and nomad idolizes sam. Nomad will become the new splinter. You will steal skell tech possibly drones. By the end of this series it will be the most complete recon game with all the stuff from all the games in 1 ghost recon game. But sadly i believe it is coming to an end. Possibly with no year 3 support at all. Reason for this is year 2 content is up and they can announce year 4 3 months in advance for siege and do not plan to change. The class based loot and play of rainbow with year passes does not stack up to the money they are ripping off siege players with. They are now attempting the same method with for honor. I believe year passes was a disaster on ghost recon and as a result they will drop the game. On a side note extremely pumped for the new splinter....extremely upset they killing my fav game.

hybridgryphon
02-12-2019, 05:32 PM
Also get your sonar goggles night time turn the ai teamates off blacklist pistol sc4000 ..tada.. ur almost playing splinter cell conviction...the cherubim drone is also in the opening seen for conviction...high flying unmanned drone with 12k camera...so sam saw this drone 10 years before he even met nomad. But now the unidad got it. And it will put spies like him outta business....says it clear as day on the missions

hybridgryphon
02-12-2019, 05:35 PM
The 2 games will mege
R.I.P. ghost recon
Hello whatever the hell this crossover game will be called

hybridgryphon
02-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Just add the damn conviction cover system back... we want our cover systems back. Took em from us in rainbow and stuck them in the division what hell

kangeroebol
02-13-2019, 01:03 AM
?

Vikk Damone
02-13-2019, 01:25 AM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-gb/game/ghost-recon/grw/so4_month_announcement_2200x630_header_343700.png

Hello Ghosts,

We are immensely grateful for all the support you have shown during all of our Special Operation updates. You answered Sam Fisher’s call, provided backup to Team Rainbow, and showed Little Brother the ropes.

This month we’ll be releasing the final update for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Special Operation 4.

We will have more intel about Special Operation 4 available soon.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated

I hope conflict with unlimited lives like in Future soldier is in this update. God I really hope so!!

Vikk Damone
02-13-2019, 01:28 AM

Most likely division icons which would be cool

hybridgryphon
02-13-2019, 03:57 AM
I told you iT will be SPLINTER RECON or GHOSTCELL, both games will die but a new one will be born

hybridgryphon
02-13-2019, 03:59 AM
Please give us epilogue missions for new game insode wildlands

ThisFreshFox
02-14-2019, 10:02 PM
or from space aliens

Darkside1402
02-15-2019, 06:54 PM
Most likely division icons which would be cool

Maybe icons of the diffrent enemy factions of the first game or maybe involving the absolute units that are the Black Tusk soldiers from The Division 2... And a ton of customization of course !

Bad-A_MO-FO
02-17-2019, 04:27 AM
Title says it all. After continuously getting pissed off with the logic in PvP I decided to drop the game. However, this is pretty much the only fun sniping game I have available to play so I redownloaded it. If I blast someone in the face with my HTI, they need to perm die for the remainder of the round. You’re going to give me logic that this same SR can 1 shot a helicopter from any distance, but someone who was shot in the face with it can constantly be revived? This cant continue and needs to be fixed in order to make the game fun again.

redsept
02-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Will there be any new game modes or options for the PvE?

DASH231095
03-07-2019, 04:00 PM
I have been playing the game for the last two years, at the very least 3 times a week so why do I not have access to the year 2 rewards for free on the ubisoft club which requires you have played since last April to the end of this month? I have played so many hours this last year so I don't understand why it isn't unlocked, there is no option to unlock it on the ubisoft club, is anyone else having this problem?

DanHagmanScot
03-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Aye, am here for the very same reason... Cannae unlock it either..

Edcrophilia
03-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Year 2 rewards are showing in the ubisoft club. But I guess they're too busy working on another game (cough, cough division 2) which also won't work properly 2 flippin years post launch, to fix this issue.

It's not working on XB1.Does it work on PS4 or PC?

DASH231095
03-11-2019, 12:48 PM
I still can't access my year 2 rewards? I was told this issue was fixed, who else is having this problem? It's been five days now since the rewards were released and I still can't access them, as I've said on here before I play this game all the time, it's so annoying that I still can't access the rewards, especially considering I've feltbthe FAL rifle should have been in the game from the very beginning, I really hope this issue is resolved ASAP

DASH231095
03-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Who else hasn't been able to redeem their year two rewards?

DASH231095
03-12-2019, 12:02 AM
My brother has retrieved the FAL on his account and I am still to receive mine, also I had the division 2 parachute unlcoekd after finding all the audio files and had used it a few times before changing to a different parachute then today when I went to change my parachute again I noticed that the division 2 parachute had been locked again even though I had unlocked it a few days prior, anyone else having this issue?

Snake-Ven0m
03-14-2019, 06:59 AM
They're making updates 5 and 6 as well. They said recently that updates 5 and 6 will be merged into one update. So it seems we'll get at least one more big update after #4. After that, who knows?

Do you have a source on updates 5 and 6? They literally say in the first post of this thread "This month we’ll be releasing the final update for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Special Operation 4."

Snumsmumrik_07
03-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Do you have a source on updates 5 and 6? They literally say in the first post of this thread "This month we’ll be releasing the final update for Year 2 of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands: Special Operation 4."

Exactly, final for year 2. But it is the third already. And they literally said, that there would be update(s) in future. But I do not know about "update 5 and 6 merged" - didn't see such info.

Snake-Ven0m
03-15-2019, 06:45 PM
Exactly, final for year 2. But it is the third already. And they literally said, that there would be update(s) in future. But I do not know about "update 5 and 6 merged" - didn't see such info.

That was my point. He's claiming that updates 5 and 6 may be a continuation of year 2, however, they have not announced any extensions or even a year 3. They did say they would be back with 'more news' so I'm assuming there will be more updates of some kind.

gae.chris
03-17-2019, 10:47 PM
The support for this game is amazing

DASH231095
03-18-2019, 10:54 AM
In regard to that guy who posted about update 5 and 6 being merged, he is looking at information for the end of year one pass??? They said they would merge 5 and 6 together as they were being overly ambitious putting out that many updates in a year and were held up with major problems in update 4, in the end they never released a merged update after update 4 of the year 1 Road map and then kept very quiet about it afterwards when people were asking about the merged update that they never released, myself and others in these forums asked time and time again but never got any reply on why the merged update had been scrapped.

Year 2 is over now, no more updates for the year 2 Road map, they have said they will continue to work on the game and provide updates but there is no year 3 road map information or any information on what we can expect from future maintenence and updates, all they said that the future structure will not resemble the structure of year 2.

I highly doubt we will get anything for quite some time but a patch is seriously needed for the division 2 parachute glitch, myself and other players I have found online have had the same issue of the unlocking the parachute after finding all the auditapes in order, using the parachute, then a few days later the parachute is locked again and then even after finding all audio tapes in order for the second time the parachute remains locked

Hindscountyboy1
03-23-2019, 05:53 AM
It would be nice to have customizable rooms where you can play once specific type of game repeatedly without a vote.. And also an idea for a operation is to have stranded ghost may be near a plane wreck and have to fight your way out where the enemy has already located the wreck sight and knows your whereabouts.. In the objective is to hold of the incoming PVP players so basically it is a elimination.. But similar to breach on the socom titles... I've played all shooters and breach
was one of the most intriguing matches because of strategy involved in getting into the supported area

Lukecucaracha
03-28-2019, 05:30 PM
@Andrey822017 haha, man that would be hilarious. There better be monkeys, and maybe he can bring rpg's to the game

bulldog_732009
03-28-2019, 10:37 PM
Great

Fredrik757
04-03-2019, 07:43 AM
Hey