PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE change Cliffside to elimination, PLEASE!!!

TheSavageDuck
02-07-2019, 06:45 AM
How many other players think that cliffside is completely wasted on extraction???

Everytime I run through this huge map with tons of potential, just to get to the tiny corner of it where all the action takes place a think "what a waste". This would be such a good elmination or uplink, (or even sabotage) map.

I know with the dwindling player base that Wildlands has it's not going to be getting the most developer support of the current Ubisoft games. So this would be a good (and very easy) way to give something useful to the community.

And on a sidenote, a little secret that Ubisoft doesn't seem to know yet, the secret to keeping an online shooter alive....NEW MAPS!!!!

Spread the word!!!!

cormybaby
02-07-2019, 01:02 PM
Here! Here!

WARB0RG
02-07-2019, 05:33 PM
How many other players think that cliffside is completely wasted on extraction???

Everytime I run through this huge map with tons of potential, just to get to the tiny corner of it where all the action takes place a think "what a waste". This would be such a good elmination or uplink, (or even sabotage) map.

Seconded!

So obvious, but this could make for some great urban warfare.

a_CynicalMind
02-07-2019, 05:55 PM
This is an excellent idea.

We all know that "Cliffside" and "Refinery" are borderline never picked on a map vote...it's just an unspoken thing we ghosts have come to understand.

Turning "Cliffside" into an Elimination mode would revitalize the content.

WARB0RG
02-07-2019, 06:03 PM

We all know that "Cliffside" and "Refinery" are borderline never picked on a map vote...it's just an unspoken thing we ghosts have come to understand.

Hahaha! You wonder who wonder who the 1 is on that vote? This guy :cool:

a_CynicalMind
02-07-2019, 06:09 PM

TheSavageDuck
02-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Good point, Refinery is another one, absolutely, make that one elimination or uplink too. Give us 2 maps that would become way more enjoyable!!!!

WARB0RG
02-08-2019, 04:51 PM
The built-up environment makes for different environments.

In fact, make every map Elimination so we can use the space.

Dad_Barrox
02-08-2019, 04:55 PM
Completely agree. This would be great!!

AI BLUEFOX
02-08-2019, 05:14 PM
It is a poor layout to choose for extraction with most of the map redundant for sure, more so than the other extraction maps, but I don't think it would make a good elimination map either.

What I think it would be good for is the conflict mode from Future Soldier where objectives spawned in turn around the map at different sites.

mezzatron
02-08-2019, 05:32 PM
By the way there's an exploit while defending, where you can step outside the defending area and not get marked.
If the devs haven't been notified.

This map doesn't get picked very often to be honest.

AI BLUEFOX
02-09-2019, 04:18 PM
True Mezza. I'll even pick Ruins over Cliffside.

fastastoast
02-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Not just cliffside tho, garage, refinary etc need more map use. And Rocha, burnt out, etc.

The one thing I enjoyed about the scattered event was fight fires in the map corners. So much potential with the huge pve map. Image gun fights over fields, old school style. Be awesome.

TheSavageDuck
02-13-2019, 02:13 AM
It would be nice if there were 2 votes per game. First a vote for what map the players wanted, then a second for what game mode. Give players the opportunity to play different modes on all maps to help keep things fresh.

nga-chairman
02-13-2019, 04:09 AM
or vote the mode first, Then you get a healthy selction of the maps. Had a vote last night and the choices were honestly
Ruins
Cliffside
Rocha

I mean..... not great choices. Rocha be another one that would make a great uplink or elim

xxFratosxx
02-13-2019, 02:47 PM
It is a poor layout to choose for extraction with most of the map redundant for sure, more so than the other extraction maps, but I don't think it would make a good elimination map either.

What I think it would be good for is the conflict mode from Future Soldier where objectives spawned in turn around the map at different sites.

I would love to see Conflict mode returned. This has been a community request. Respawn mode with objectives was the main positive about GRFS PvP. It was beyond your typical team deathmatch cause the score didn't give you victory for the amount of kills you have. It was the team points and the amount of objectives you captured. It was a mode that welcome those who can't shoot and those who is a team player.

Vikk Damone
02-13-2019, 03:14 PM

I know with the dwindling player base that Wildlands has it's not going to be getting the most developer support of the current Ubisoft games. So this would be a good (and very easy) way to give something useful to the community.

And on a sidenote, a little secret that Ubisoft doesn't seem to know yet, the secret to keeping an online shooter alive....NEW MAPS!!!!

Spread the word!!!!

I keep saying it bring conflict back!!

This is a perfect map for conflict

TheSavageDuck
03-02-2019, 02:55 AM
Well, Special Operation 4 just came and went with no change to Cliffside, disappointing for sure.

And I agree with all that want conflict back, Cliffside would be the PERFECT map for it as well as elimination.

It's just sooooo wasted on extraction.

NGA-Joker
03-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Totally agree. Itís a great map wasted on a not so great method of play. Make it elimination and it would get huge votes. Rocha is in the same basket... great map and great play area, just wasted on bad method of play style.
All my mates totally agree on this thread.
Would love to see this happen

D-from-Oxford
03-03-2019, 04:17 AM
+1

Cliffside should be the first map to have a variant on all game modes. Give me Elimination, Uplink and Sabotage variants please Ubi. ASAP!

And make Uplink and Sabotage variants for Airbase while you're at it.

They are by far the two best maps.

nga-chairman
03-05-2019, 06:24 AM
Maybe when they fix Sapper we can get an elim on Cliffside? Any chance ubisoft??

TheSavageDuck
03-05-2019, 12:44 PM
That would be the perfect time to get it. If any Ubi members see this please respond and let us know. Thank you

nga-chairman
03-07-2019, 10:47 PM
UBISOFT??? Where are you

TheSavageDuck
03-13-2019, 12:31 AM
Hello ubisoft!!!!!

TheSavageDuck
03-26-2019, 12:10 AM
Is there any chance of getting Cliffside changed to eliminating in year 3? I don't see what the problem is in changing the game mode, they get changed ever 2 weeks with these events that are put on. If any UBISOFT members or representatives see this please pass it on and let us know. Thank you.

TheSavageDuck
03-26-2019, 12:15 AM
They could even give us a couple of the extraction maps changed to elimination as one of the biweekly events just to see what kind of reception they get from the players.

WARB0RG
03-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Can we have this map in an upcoming event please? BUT can we have it based on an elimination event. Let's see how it plays out....

Ubi-Lucipus
03-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention :)

MurdahDem
03-27-2019, 03:11 PM

Spread the word!!!!

you'd need a dev team for that - and we got a visual on the Ubi Wildlands group:

https://preview.redd.it/yecs1rszxbo21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&fbc63c0b

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/b5ge5h/current_wildlands_dev_team/

nga-chairman
03-28-2019, 03:53 AM
you'd need a dev team for that - and we got a visual on the Ubi Wildlands group:

https://preview.redd.it/yecs1rszxbo21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&fbc63c0b

https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/b5ge5h/current_wildlands_dev_team/

haha saw this the other day..... maybe the rest are working on GW2?

TheSavageDuck
03-28-2019, 06:56 PM
LMFAO. Well if they are busy working on GRW2 then I'll let it slide. But if not I expect a Cliffside Elimination map. 😡

TheSavageDuck
04-18-2019, 11:07 PM
It would be nice if they were working on It for year 3.

Naosyth
04-19-2019, 12:45 AM
Cliffside would be a terrible elimination map. People could easily just hide and force a draw. The effort would be better spent just finding new locations for entirely new maps to add to the map pool. And at the very least, it should be uplink, if not left as extraction.

TheSavageDuck
04-20-2019, 06:40 PM
That is what the recon tour is for. And to be honest it really doesn't matter what mode you change it to, elimination, uplink or even sabotage, the hard truth is, is that the map is completely wasted on extraction. All the extraction maps would be more suitable to other modes.

MurdahDem
04-23-2019, 09:33 PM

Spread the word!!!!

just came to see if this got any more traction but it probably wont - damn shame- dudes asking for echelon and sapper nerfs but something this important they wont get behind ...lol

TheSavageDuck
04-28-2019, 10:01 PM
Hopefully it's one of the things included in Operation Oracle 🤞