PDA

View Full Version : Hardball's aircraft viewer

blakduk
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if Hardball is going to update his aircraft viewer?
I have version 4.06 but there are a lot of planes missing since 1946 came out.
It's one of those programs that is so useful i can't believe it's not included with the game. It's brilliant for an ignoramous like me who was playing a mission in an Me262 the other day and couldnt work out why it was so slow getting to altitude. I fired up Hardball's aircraft viewer and discovered its best climb speed is 494km/h http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif.
I was practically stalling the thing by trying to climb at 300km/h like most piston engine planes in this game.

blakduk
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if Hardball is going to update his aircraft viewer?
I have version 4.06 but there are a lot of planes missing since 1946 came out.
It's one of those programs that is so useful i can't believe it's not included with the game. It's brilliant for an ignoramous like me who was playing a mission in an Me262 the other day and couldnt work out why it was so slow getting to altitude. I fired up Hardball's aircraft viewer and discovered its best climb speed is 494km/h http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif.
I was practically stalling the thing by trying to climb at 300km/h like most piston engine planes in this game.

|ZUTI|
04-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I sure hope that he does. Really neat app. I do remember back in 2006 that he had plans to do so, when 4.07 will come out, but hey, he might be too bussy. Can't blame the guy. The app still is nice tool to get some info about aircrafts. You could also try out IL2 Compare, if you didn't try it out already. That one has all the planes (4.07).

Lurch1962
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I have both Hardball's Viewer and IL2Compare. I like both, and they complement each other well. Hardball's data is "entered by hand" by the programmer, while IL2Compare actually accesses Il-2's FM data for each A/C (at least that's the strong impression I get). The graphs offered by IL2Compare are vastly richer in information as regards ROC, speed at alt and turn rates.

--Lurch--

Radoye1
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Actually the data in Il2Compare comes from a bunch of csv text files, the program itself does not access the in-game FM in any way as far as i know.

However, the data in those files does seem it have been somehow extracted from the game or someone from Oleg's team provided it...

Lurch1962
04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Interesting, Radoye1. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall the folder for IL2Compare containing just the executable. That's what made me think it was accessing IL2's data, and not its own DB/files. I'll have to check this out again when I get home...

--Lurch--

AKA_TAGERT
04-17-2007, 08:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lurch1962:
That's what made me think it was accessing IL2's data, and not its own DB/files. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't feel bad!

In that alot of people thought that.. but the maker of IL2C himself has stated that is not the case. The data in his charts is data he collected via DeviceLink. The one 'special' thing.. which may also be a rumor is that Oleg provided him a special version of IL2 that has a special AI routine that is supose to put the plane through it paces. I have only seen the maker of IL2C 'hint' at that.. So it may well be a rumor. But the data in IL2C is the same data anyone can collect via DeviceLin should they choose to.