PDA

View Full Version : New looks for the minions

THE_MAD_KlNG
02-06-2019, 10:25 PM
So most of the minions are boring and frankly dumb looking. The Vikings are wearing a tshirt. The samurai helmet looks out of place on them. The only ones that look ok are the knights because they came dressed for the occasion. I know they get updates for events but it never stays. I've seen you guys make them look like real fighters not just farmers with helmets. Can we just get a new look for them that stays.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
02-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Im not that much into aesthetics but I am kinda surprised at how bland the minions are considering how much effort is made to create variations of battle outfits.
It would be nice to have customized (detailed) looking minions if you add xp boost to your game.

Illyrian_King
02-07-2019, 12:52 AM
Oh my ... I would love customizing my minons. May it cost even a whole mountain of steel, I don't care! :cool:

It is so funny how even the scratches on the knight's helmets are 100% the same on every minion. Considering all the beautiful aestetics and diversity in the game, this is really lame.

ArchDukeInstinct
02-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Probably not feasible to do performance wise.

They almost certainly benefit from batching the vast majority of minions into a few draw calls. If they could all have a different skin/model, then you would need to do a draw call for each of them and that would be crippling.