PDA

View Full Version : Why has 450 ms never been tried in game?

LionsFang78
02-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Title. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge there is no middle ground between attacks that are 400 2nd and those that are 500 ms. Why?

I know that during a warriors den live stream they stated that 450 ms attacks could still be easily blocked, but is that a problem? Light attacks should be somewhat safe as long as you aren't being predictable with them, and 500 ms attacks, while not always easy to parry, are certainly easy to block

Just curious, I guess

Honey_Badgerik
02-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Okay yeah this is something I've been wondering forever, if 400 is too fast and 500 is too slow why not middle ground it at 450? Maybe just for console even.

Siegfried-Z
02-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Title. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge there is no middle ground between attacks that are 400 2nd and those that are 500 ms. Why?

I know that during a warriors den live stream they stated that 450 ms attacks could still be easily blocked, but is that a problem? Light attacks should be somewhat safe as long as you aren't being predictable with them, and 500 ms attacks, while not always easy to parry, are certainly easy to block

Just curious, I guess

It would be interesting to try this.
450ms would remain viable for sure on PC and on Console it could be less toxic than 400ms lights which are just impossible to parry or deflect except by luck 99.99% of times and even hard To block.

Illyrian_King
02-06-2019, 08:30 PM
I always thought about this myself, but didn't open a thread.

It really makes sense to have a middleground between 400ms and 500ms.

Ubiflowessence
02-06-2019, 11:52 PM
Interesting thread!

I know in the past the team implemented time snap was implemented and then removed because of input latency. Out of curiosity, do you guys think having 450 ms attacks create less of a balance in the game or does everyone agree with the idea of having a medium between 400 - 500?

Siegfried-Z
02-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Interesting thread!

I know in the past the team implemented time snap was implemented and then removed because of input latency. Out of curiosity, do you guys think having 450 ms attacks create less of a balance in the game or does everyone agree with the idea of having a medium between 400 - 500?

To me 450ms looks a good idea.
Like i said, it would feed both PC and console needs.
On PC it could still be used safely and on Console people could have slighly more chances to react To it and not suffer free dmg.

I've always said 400ms mooves shouldnt be in the game.
All lights should be 500ms except some assassins or hybrids one which could be 450ms and some heavies should got 550ms.

Why that ?
450ms lights would still be efficient on PC and less unfair on console. This would be one of the assassins or light/hybrids char advantages.

500ms would be all the others lights from some others hybrids such as Cent or Nobu and Vanguards. Plus assassins opening light.
500ms lights are still usefull if used properly even at decent level on PC but punished if spam.
On console their are rarelly parry but blocking them is most of time possible with good focus and if they have a proper animation (not like JJ).

550ms would be tanks and heavy/hybrids lights chain (opener would still be 500ms).
This would make them not really safe on PC but still not as easy to parry as Nobu lights for example and it could be punished more often on console too.
Why? Because i believe heavy char should have others kind of strong tools but should not be able to relly on light spam (sorry again JJ).

At the end, this would end with only assassins and light/hybrids having some 450ms lights, which is pretty fast but not unreactable for console.

Tanks would have 500ms and 550ms lights, which could still allow them To start a chain and their mix up but not To spam lights.

All.others would have all their lights at 500ms.

This is a good way to kill light spam and To give back a bit of "hero class" identity.
Because currently what is the advantage To play assassins when all others have 500ms or faster lights with more health and fix guard..?
Look at Tiandi ? This guy isnt a Vanguard i am sorry. As JJ is not a tank. They just look like and have the strenghts without the weaknesses of their class.

Plus, 400ms is unreactable on console. Like really. So, give people something unreactable and easy to win with and they Will spam it.
And as spamming 400ms lights requires skills close To the absolut zero.. it would just make people frustrated, toxic and so on.

On PC.. one of FH main problem is the différent fps from one player to another depending of his hardware and that's unfair.
But that's another topic i would open a thread for.

Of course these changes would require some tweaks for some char but in my opinion it would be a good middle ground for both platforms and for putting back some real class identity.

pure_energist
02-07-2019, 12:54 AM
The root of the issue is thet this game is designed for pc input delays. You assume going to 450 wouldnt mean more light parry gods but Thats only something to see if tested. Since ubi has shown no interest in balancing attacks for console we can only pray they make an adjustment on pc that favors console as well. But with the current build not having any ragers on pc demanding slower attack times I doubt this would be changed.

Knight_Raime
02-07-2019, 03:09 AM
Because their old time snap system forced every attack to be in 100ms increments. They did remove it quite awhile back. They are going to be adding in varied ms increments at some point. It was mentioned waay back probably around season 6. And recently ish mentioned under the new guise of a batch of changes called the "reaction reduction" system. Which iirc is also supposed to mess with feints to make them less obvious/potentially more useful.

But yes. 450ms along with fixing the buffered attack speed error would make things a lot less polarizing.