PDA

View Full Version : Marching Fire expansion sale not on Steam

Darkfire462
02-06-2019, 04:08 AM
Was really looking forward to grabbing Marching Fire when it finally hit a sale on Steam. Well, I thought I'd finally get my chance with this current promotion, but lo and behold, the expansion isn't marked for sale on Steam. Granted, the starter edition with marching fire included is discounted, along with all of their other editions that include the base game. But, I pre-ordered on Steam; I've been here since launch. I'm not going to purchase the entire game again, although the Marching Fire edition is cheaper on sale than the Marching Fire expansion is at base price. Maybe if you didn't have 30 dollar expansions, so many of us wouldn't be waiting for sales. Or, I guess, waiting to be excluded from sales.

Is this going to be changed before the end of the promotion, or does Ubisoft just not give a crap about their Steam users?

MrB3NX
02-06-2019, 11:14 AM
don't you know how to buy it from Ubisoft store ?

Alpha-087
02-06-2019, 03:39 PM
don't you know how to buy it from Ubisoft store ?

If you bought For Honor through Steam, then I believe DLCs also need to be purchased through Steam. Also Ubi's own website lists Marching Fire as half off on Steam, even though it isn't.

https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy/index.aspx

mann61299
02-06-2019, 04:23 PM
If you bought For Honor through Steam, then I believe DLCs also need to be purchased through Steam. Also Ubi's own website lists Marching Fire as half off on Steam, even though it isn't.

It seems they advertise it as 50% for PS plus members only...do you have PS plus on the account you are buying it for?

MrB3NX
02-06-2019, 05:04 PM

bruh

you can't run the game on Steam without the Uplay launcher

they are connected

and i have tried it myself , the only odd thing it won't appear on your Steam library

but you still gets it in game and that's what matters .

Alpha-087
02-06-2019, 05:18 PM
bruh

you can't run the game on Steam without the Uplay launcher

they are connected

and i have tried it myself , the only odd thing it won't appear on your Steam library

but you still gets it in game and that's what matters .

A quick google search shows posts of Ubisoft staff saying that if you bought the game through Steam then you have to buy the DLCs through Steam as well, so that's what I'm going off of. Not going to risk dropping money on a maybe, since I'm sure Ubisoft won't refund if it ends up not working.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Hey folks,

We're looking into this as we speak and will update you as soon as we can!

Regards,

Jim.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-06-2019, 05:19 PM
Hey folks,

We're looking into this as we speak and will update you as soon as we can!

Regards,

Jim.

Darkfire462
02-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Jim

I've got Steam credit I would like to use for this.

Your efforts are much-appreciated.

MrB3NX
02-06-2019, 06:49 PM
A quick google search shows posts of Ubisoft staff saying that if you bought the game through Steam then you have to buy the DLCs through Steam as well, so that's what I'm going off of. Not going to risk dropping money on a maybe, since I'm sure Ubisoft won't refund if it ends up not working.

i'm telling ya from a personal experience and you say maybe ?

who said you can't refund lol ?

Darkfire462
02-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Thanks, @Ubi-Jimothy !

Just got a notification that an item from my wishlist was on sale.I Appreciate your team's attention on this.

Ubi-Jimothy
02-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Hey again,

No worries Darkfire! Should all be sorted and properly on sale now :)

Best regards,

Jim.