PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Berserker!

Lotus.Sia
02-05-2019, 12:52 PM
I don't know why an assassin has all the Hyper Armor in his mix-ups & even on top of that unblockables. Why anyone should use orochi instead of S-tier berserker in breach or dominion? Also revenge attacks as his 2nd feat. I've heard ubisoft is looking at berserker to do something about him but not any official statement.

pretoastedwaffl
02-05-2019, 09:33 PM
I agree beserker has a bit too much in his kit especially the hyper amour. If the damage on the lights got nerfed a little and if the amount of hyper armour he gets was toned down that would make him more balanced. It's crazy how lb didn't get hyper armour but beserker did. Reversing the situation would make things right.

Ubiflowessence
02-06-2019, 01:58 AM
Thanks for sharing your feedback guys!

Goat_of_Vermund
02-06-2019, 07:07 AM
I say this a long time ago: it is unfair that the berserker is throwing out heavies, and the only thing you can do is guessing and parrying depending on your guess. Against almost every other characters, you also have the ability to interrupt the attack with a fast light, use a dodge attack or deflect, but the berserker can just punish you for doing anything but parries. And you have to commit to one option when the top heavy finisher is coming, but he has at least 7 (no feint, side lights on both direction, side heavy on both direction, guardbreak, zone). If I predict he is not throwing a heavy there and take a risk by throwing a light, getting hit by his light in return anyway is unfair.

The side light feints' hyperarmor must go, they are 400ms. Actually, I think he shouldn't have hyperarmor on any lights, only on heavies. He has the option to get into the three heavy chains anytime in his infinite, so it's still a read to attack him after a whiffed heavy. He can also dodge out for dodge attacks. And he also has the safest deflect, and he gets 28(!) damage on heavy parries, so i don't think this would hurt him that much (well, beside those who only spammed until this point).

Zombie.Face
02-06-2019, 08:51 AM
thanks for sharing your feedback guys! We won't do a damn thing about it! have fun getting smashed by the zerker forever! 100% ubi will not nerf him so just learn to deal with it or find a new game to play.

Szalej.
02-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Im sorry to say but these feedbacks are on basis daily. Especially about zerker / warden bash and buffs for weakest heroe's that still carry season 1 moveset with no improvments at all. Soon ill have nobody left to play as every community i joined since i play is collapsing due to terrible balance experiences.

FlyinBeef
02-06-2019, 08:31 PM
I think that all he need is this nerf:
Light after heavy and after feint - 12dmg (instead of 15dmg)
Top heavy opener - 35dmg (instead of 38dmg)
Side heavy opener - 30dmg (instead of 33dmg)
Side unblockable heavy finisher - 38dmg (instead of 45dmg).
Zone attack - 20dmg (instead of 24dmg)

BUT, big but, if you want to nerf him let's nerf all Tier S dominion/duel characters, it will be stupid to nerf him instead without nerfing Shaolin or Shinobi (if we talk about 4v4), or without nerfing Warden and Conq (if we talk about 1v1).

Psycho-Bandit
02-06-2019, 08:51 PM
BUT, big but, if you want to nerf him let's nerf all Tier S dominion/duel characters, it will be stupid to nerf him instead without nerfing Shaolin or Shinobi (if we talk about 4v4), or without nerfing Warden and Conq (if we talk about 1v1).
Thats right, if u start thinking about nerf the berzerker u have to think about to nerv all S-Tier characters. Against those characters u need all those things u complain to have a chance.

Szalej.
02-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Some characters belong to S tier as there always will be highest rank hero in any online fighting game. Its just the differences between them and lower rank ones. While warden is only somehow viable is shoulder bash abused to the limit. Berserker entire kit is cancerous, literally an Aramusha on steroids. Damage nerfs wont change anything breaking fighting experience for people not havin unhuman reflex. At higher rank even Orochi requies some sort of skill, more or less but still. Berserker right now is overbuffed pure spam with no reason to think at all what are you actually doing. I cant believe such cancers as this hero havent been changed for so long. Meanwhile Nobushi sits in her b tier with season 1 moveset and her last rework at S5 was 5 nerfs 2 buffs. I dont even know if theres a single reason to debate about balance and hero issues as this company doesnt even play their own game. Rough numbers and worthless data is all they see, yet not enough to change the basic issues people meet and complain everyday on this forum. No wonder i have almost nobody else to play with as nearly everyone i knew quit this nonsense

Knight_Raime
02-07-2019, 03:10 AM
His light opener damage should be dropped down some. But the rest of his kit is fine.

Corentin10111
02-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Berserker entire kit is cancerous, literally an Aramusha on steroids. Damage nerfs wont change anything breaking fighting experience for people not havin unhuman reflex. Berserker right now is overbuffed pure spam with no reason to think at all what are you actually doing. I cant believe such cancers as this hero havent been changed for so long.

100% agreed. His softfeints are broken on console (and too strong on PC), never seen a zerk doing anything else than spamming brainlessly (ok they guard break once in a while). There is people on youtube that win all their fights blaindfolded.. This is so ridiculous, it should have been fixed months ago!

Psycho-Bandit
02-10-2019, 11:13 PM
100% agreed. His softfeints are broken on console (and too strong on PC), never seen...

Btw, Berzerker has no softfeints. Never had. He has strong feint game and hyper armor but thats it.
He has no openers from neutral, he doesnt have 400ms attacks from neutraland he doesnt have any bleed attacks (exept with a feature). His deflect is hard to take cause its a guardbreak witch you normaly not use with a dodge. He doesnt even have that many high damage attacks, his neutral top heavy does 38 and his finisher unblockable top heavy does 30 and both are really slow and easy to counter. His highest damge is 45 unblockable but thats the 3rd heavy in a chain.

Corentin10111
02-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Btw, Berzerker has no softfeints. Never had. He has strong feint game and hyper armor but thats it.

My bad, it feels so much like it that i forgot it wasn't.

I-Nibbiru-I
02-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Don't you guys dare to nerf our number one villain.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-19-2019, 06:14 AM
Why do people want a Berserker nerf? He is great and a very liable character who is strong. If a nerf were to hit berserker, then nerf the following
*Warden's shoulder bash feint into guardbreak, zone, and dash heavy.
*Damage of Jiang Jun and Hyper armor
*Conqueror's shield bash
*Aramusha's hyper armor for dash heavy
*Black Prior's bash, light, heavy, and undodgeable heavy
*Shugoki's hyper armor and damage
*Shinobi's lights
*Shaolins lights
*Orochi's delayed lights
*Nuxia's Lights
*Tiandi's dash lights
*Gladiator's zone
*Shaman's jump attack, bleed, and soft feints
*Kensei's zone

Vendelkin
02-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Why do people want a Berserker nerf? He is great and a very liable character who is strong. If a nerf were to hit berserker, then nerf the following
*Warden's shoulder bash feint into guardbreak, zone, and dash heavy.
*Damage of Jiang Jun and Hyper armor
*Conqueror's shield bash
*Aramusha's hyper armor for dash heavy
*Black Prior's bash, light, heavy, and undodgeable heavy
*Shugoki's hyper armor and damage
*Shinobi's lights
*Shaolins lights
*Orochi's delayed lights
*Nuxia's Lights
*Tiandi's dash lights
*Gladiator's zone
*Shaman's jump attack, bleed, and soft feints
*Kensei's zone

This post is a no logic comparison that conveys little to me of your intention. Do you want berserker nerfed and are being sarcastic? Or do you honestly think any of your list is comparable? Point being if you dont want him nerfed just say so and why.

You are opening a whole can of worms with this long list of opinions (some of which sure id agree with, but others i most certainly disagree with) but this isnt the place. If you dont want the berserker nerfed say that. Or use a logical comparison or numerical data to support your comparison to other heroes movesets.

Also i dont personally think zerker should get nerfed. He doesnt have as many options as some like to exaggerate, and his playstyle perfectly defines his character. Also he has nearly no soft feints so theres that too. He is one of the strongest no question, but there is nothing in his kit thats broken imo. It takes real skill to properly use his whole kit to win against good players.

RenegadeRasta
02-19-2019, 09:28 AM
He shouldn't have all 3 hyper armor, infinite chains, and crazy feints. One needs to go. Preferably hyper armor.

LionsFang78
02-19-2019, 02:05 PM
My problem with zerk is that his kit forces his opponent to turtle, and I don't want to be a turtle. I like playing as aggressive as I can, but it's impossible against the amount of hyper armor and unpredictable attacks he is capable of dishing out

I'm certainly not the guy to ask as to how to balance him, but maybe reduce his health by a bit? It'd make trading more dangerous, zerk would be a true glass canon

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 05:28 AM
Yeah. To be honest my post was for jokes. If I am to be honest about Berserker I think he is perfectly fine. I think they should give him back his 360 heavy because it allowed for more options and trickery to confuse the opponent. His hyper armor is fine because he has little health compared to characters like shugoki, Black Prior, Kensei, and Jiang Jun. He is great but has little start ups. He is supposed to be a harasser and make you turtle (Hints harasser's.) He is also a good balance character. Not as balanced as Kensei but he is balanced. His damage is okay, and so is his move set. As a Rep 65 Berserker main, his new animations made him a lot more predictable, and hopefully not to hard to fight but pretty hard at the same time. I hope they give back his 360 heavy animation, but I rest my case. Berserker is a challenge to fight against, but also has a predictable move set with crazy feints. He can take damage but not too much like a shugoki, kensei, Black Prior, Raider, Highlander, and Warlord. Hopefully this changes your mind about nerfing Berserker.

Tips on Fighting Berserker:
Parry a heavy,
Parry a light,
Stay on the defensive,
Be prepared for him to feint his unblockable into a guardbreak,
If you stay on the offensive giving him not enouh time to react he will be easily defeated if you bait him to do a spin chop,
And learn to feint your top heavy after trying to parry a top unblockable.

Tyrjo
02-20-2019, 05:54 PM
Berserker could use a slight damage nerf, but I think the HA should stay as is. It's part of what makes him unique.

Dane520123
02-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Why are you comparing his health to an Vangaurd and 3 heavys ??. The fact that he has just as much or even more hyper armor then slower and heavy characters is a joke. He’s an assassin he doesn’t need all that hyper armor

Dane520123
02-20-2019, 07:28 PM
Why are you comparing his health to an Vangaurd and 3 heavys ??. The fact that he has just as much or even more hyper armor then slower and heavy characters is a joke. He’s an assassin. You complain so much about black prior because of his shield bash spam when you main Berserker the biggest spammer of them all and Prob the strongest S tier hero. Makes sense bud

Dane520123
02-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Yeah. To be honest my post was for jokes. If I am to be honest about Berserker I think he is perfectly fine. I think they should give him back his 360 heavy because it allowed for more options and trickery to confuse the opponent. His hyper armor is fine because he has little health compared to characters like shugoki, Black Prior, Kensei, and Jiang Jun. He is great but has little start ups. He is supposed to be a harasser and make you turtle (Hints harasser's.) He is also a good balance character. Not as balanced as Kensei but he is balanced. His damage is okay, and so is his move set. As a Rep 65 Berserker main, his new animations made him a lot more predictable, and hopefully not to hard to fight but pretty hard at the same time. I hope they give back his 360 heavy animation, but I rest my case. Berserker is a challenge to fight against, but also has a predictable move set with crazy feints. He can take damage but not too much like a shugoki, kensei, Black Prior, Raider, Highlander, and Warlord. Hopefully this changes your mind about nerfing Berserker.

Tips on Fighting Berserker:
Parry a heavy,
Parry a light,
Stay on the defensive,
Be prepared for him to feint his unblockable into a guardbreak,
If you stay on the offensive giving him not enouh time to react he will be easily defeated if you bait him to do a spin chop,
And learn to feint your top heavy after trying to parry a top unblockable.

Why are you comparing his health to an Vangaurd and 3 heavys ??. The fact that he has just as much or even more hyper armor then slower and heavy characters is a joke. He’s an assassin. You complain so much about black prior because of his shield bash spam when you main Berserker the biggest spammer of them all and Prob the strongest S tier character in game. He’s a joke

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Dane. How many posts are you going to make with the same sentences? If you really want to go on a "Nerf Berserker Crusade" then take away his hyper armor on his lights, reinforce it on his heavies, bring back the 360 heavy animation and you're set. If you want to take hyper armor away completely, then you're a fool. But if it is Ubi's will so be it. On the contrary, if Berserker is to have hyper armor taken away completely, add a new opener and combo and increase speed on heavies. If you really can't accept any of these changes for you changing him, then you must just really hate the character and show bias. Ubisoft's objective is supposed to be balancing all characters, take away and then give after a little nerf, and even more. Not to just make every character that is complained about not viable. You're the same person who said that Highlander with 500ms is not a good idea (Maybe because you think he would be "OP" to a person who can't play the game.) I digress. I have said to nerf other characters, but truly the only character I have a problem with is just Black Prior. That's all and that's truth. I'm not here t criticize nor am I here to disrespect. Take in consideration these facts before you go haywire.

ChampionRuby50g
02-20-2019, 10:30 PM
There’s a bug on the forums that duplicates posts pretty sure, which is why Danes got multiple posts.

Vendelkin
02-20-2019, 10:41 PM
Cheeezz is right in that last post. Taking away zerkz HA completly without any changes would utterly destroy him. He would easlily go from s tier to low b maybe c.

Cheeeeeezzzzz
02-20-2019, 10:52 PM
so we need to compromise if HA is to be taken away. Ubisoft wants characters to be in A-tier or S-tier.