PDA

View Full Version : Poll about if you will or will not get the pe-2 addon

slo_1_2_3
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM

ImpStarDuece
04-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I spend most of my time offline and most of that in single engined fighters. However, the A-20, Mosquito and Ju-88 all take up an increasing portion of my time. I can see myself flying quite a few happy campaing hours in the cockpit of a Pe-2 'Peshka', dive bombing German positions (and getting shot down horribly in flames).

MucusG
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
I am going to sulk and complain and then buy it. This is so because I like to fly occasionally online and I have no doubt that the community will all get it.

However I have no interest in the Pe-2, may of course change when I get to fly it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif.

I still maintain that I would have been much happier to pay for 4.04 and get Pe-2 for free. However I do understand the reasons why this isnt possible with different people making different stuff and different people for marketing in different parts of the world etc. This is also from a purely selfish view that the stuff in 4.04 just appeals more to me.

See you all on line in 4.05 soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ElAurens
04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
The Pe2 is an incredibly important aircraft and should have been included from the beginning of the original IL2.

I can't wait to fly the Russian Mosquito....lol!

CKY_86
04-27-2006, 06:40 PM
pe-2 will be an intresting plane to fly, im looking forward to the new ground objects & campaigns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

marc_hawkins
04-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Ditto. Strap me in and hand me the vodka. Its a long way to Berlin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

HOWZAT_99
04-28-2006, 04:39 AM
Can't, not too happy about this pay to download thing. However I would buy it if it was available in the shops.

Capt.LoneRanger
04-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Me too, HOWZAT_99.

Don't like this and won't buy it, if I don't need to. There were rumours about a DVD with all 3 upcoming addons being released this summer. I will wait and hope for that.

panzerd18
04-28-2006, 06:12 AM
its out

http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?catalogid=386&id=97

SeaFireLIV
04-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I`m trying to get it...

leitmotiv
04-28-2006, 07:03 AM
I am ready to roll---where the ##!!!@@##!!!! is it (in the U.S.)?

panzerd18
04-28-2006, 07:07 AM
leitmotiv you have to download it from the uk site

Bearcat99
04-28-2006, 08:50 AM
yes

djetz
04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I had to go with "nope I can't"

56k here, no access to broadband anywhere, sheet out of luck. Oh well. I'd prefer to wait for the 3-in-1 version anyway, by which time (in a perfect world) I hope to be living in my own place and getting a broadband connection.

Danschnell
04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
I will only buy it if I can have a CD copy. Why on earth would I want a download? I won't actually own it, it will just be installed on my machine. If I reinstall my machine, or if I'm not connected to the net, then I have nothing. 'Buying a download' is the same thing as paying to borrow a book from the library. A download is a loan of the information.

R_Target
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM
You can access the exe file, burn it to a CD if you like. Boonty-box asked for validation key upon first install.

GSNei
04-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Yes - but not today! - between here and the boards at Simhq I get an impression of many glitches and meltdowns.

GR142_Astro
04-28-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm going to wait for the usual UBI marketing blunderstorm to die down first. Besides, anything called "BoontyBox" is just not for me.

UBI needs an international marketing consultant, bad.

J_Weaver
04-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
Me too, HOWZAT_99.

Don't like this and won't buy it, if I don't need to. There were rumours about a DVD with all 3 upcoming addons being released this summer. I will wait and hope for that.

Same here too. If its released on a disk I'll getit ASAP if in not then so be it.

dekilgus
04-28-2006, 01:36 PM
What strikes me is the number of people who must not own or dont undestand that CD & DVD burners can be used to create backups (lol)

knightflyte
04-29-2006, 12:13 AM
I didn't vote.
I CAN wait to fly the Pe 2 (At least a little while)

Add the voting option EVENTUALLY. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

slo_1_2_3
04-29-2006, 12:24 AM
ok

notamuppet
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
bought it last night! crashed it today http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

III-JG27_DV8
04-29-2006, 10:52 AM
As much as I'd like to get it, because I fly mostly online and rarely offline, I won't. The fact that it comes WITH a questionable application that is NOT what I AM BUYING, have NO interest in buying, and would never install, makes my blood boil.

Why can't we just get the Pe-2 Addon?

UBI should be ashamed of even dealing with an application called BoontyBox. I feel sorry for 1C:Maddox - they should look for a different distributor.

vonPletz
04-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I have it and it is a great addon. Thanks Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

horseback
04-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I think I'll wait until the rumored 3-in-one update CD is out, or forgo it altogether if that doesn't happen; I have no interest whatsoever in paying for a product that includes stuff that NO ONE seems to actually want on their drives.

Why should I pay someone to put spyware (or worse) on my hard drive?

cheers

horseback

Treetop64
04-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Get rid of that BoontyBox filth, and I'll get it. Otherwise, nope...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

raisen
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
With Boontybox as a condition of purchase....? You're joking. No way.

Raisen

steve_v
04-29-2006, 07:53 PM
got it last night, but had to wait until this morning to fly. Like it, and am looking forward to the next two installments.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-29-2006, 08:24 PM
This will probably be a questionable statement (sorry steve, do what you must), but I will wait till it's available for "download" "elsewhere" on the net, purchase a license from ubi, and download it elsewhere. I go through too much trouble to keep my os imaculate (if one can say that about Winders(tm)) to install some downloader and have to spend time cleaning out my regestry when I uninstall the downloader. Beleive me, I have no hesitation whatsoever to give ubi and 1C:Maddox my money, but I will simply download it elsewhere.

Treetop64
04-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by raisen:
With Boontybox as a condition of purchase....? You're joking. No way.

Raisen

Absolutely.

Considering if I have to download it, and BoontyBox is compulsory to run the software, then yes, it is definitely a condition. Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation with BBox, of course...

It's unfortunate, becuase I'd love to get the PE-2 add-on, and I love the whole IL-2 series, but I just don't want to take the chance of being taken advantage of. I'm not implying that Ubi is deliberately trying to take advantage of people, but I've been the victim of identity theft twice in the last two years. I've lost a lot of money in the process. In both cases, my baking and credit card info was stolen electroniclly.

Read the BBox EULA completely, and see just how much access BoontyBox grants Ubi, and those with the means to buy personal information.

I may be a bit paranoid, but I have a good reason. Thanks, but no thanks...

slo_1_2_3
04-29-2006, 09:58 PM
And 2 more for my team http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

nearmiss
04-29-2006, 10:18 PM
The BootyBox thing scares heck outta me. SF destroyed (I mean wiped clean) two partitions on a friends HDD. I am not going there. I'm going to wait and see on this one.

If UBISOFT put up some very strong assurances I might venture in. That is not going to happen.

It's all about Buyer beware in UBI EULA I'm sure and I haven't even read it.

Crum...I'm disappointed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

slo_1_2_3
04-29-2006, 11:25 PM
yay I have one more .

Heavy_Metal1982
04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
as much as I would love to get it via a download, I think I can wait until the 3 in 1 pack is availible, because it should be shipped to Canada. I'm just looking forward to the new Japanese planes that are going to be availible. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Skycat_2
04-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Just in case anybody in marketing is reading this ...

A. Reasons I'm Considering Buying Pe-2:
1. It adds new stuff. I'm more interested in the vehicles and arty but the Pe-2s and Pe-3s look cool.
2. Someday there will be a patch that improves the AI behavior and hopefully the Mosquito's FM as well ... and I'll need Pe-2+ to enjoy that patch.
3. The next two addons sound promising and I'll need this Pe-2 addon to get those.
4. Support Oleg. Nuff said.
5. Maybe I'll fly online again. I'm about to lose my access to fast internet though.
6. If I'm going to download, I better do it within the next two weeks before I lose my internet for an indefinate amount of time.

B. Reasons I'm Not Downloading Right Now:
1. I don't fly bombers or dive bombers very often so the Pe-2 doesn't really interest me.
2. It's only available through download. Sure, I can purchase with a credit card but I don't really want to right now for my own reasons.
3. High price for what it contains. (I know, if the earlier Addon patches w/flyables and maps are factored in this is actually very cheap compared to FS 2004 payware, etc. I'm just used to download=free.)
4. What if it doesn't download correctly or if it doesn't install properly? Is there a money-back guarantee?
5. My CD-RW isn't working, so I won't be able to make a backup after buying.
6. I don't understand why Ubi Soft chose to shut out the North American market for the Complete DVD.
7. <span class="ev_code_RED">Boontybox</span> sounds dangerous to me.
8. The 4.04m AI irritates me and I want some guarantee it will be fixed. As it is, I'm increasingly disinterested in the FB/PF series and I'm ready to put it aside for the summer.
9. I have so many maps, planes and campaigns available to me as it is that I couldn't play through them in a lifetime. Do I really need more?
10. I enjoy buying entertainment software in stores and taking it home in boxes. There is something comforting about that process to me.

So all things considered, I'm in no rush to buy Pe-2. I too will wait to see if all three addons are released in solid form, hopefully together on a DVD. I would definately buy that, I promise wholeheartedly. I'd happily pay $30 or even $40 (USD) for the flyable Pe-2/3s, IL-10, the 1946 planes and others, the maps, objects and update patches all at once on one DVD.

SeaFireLIV
04-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I`ve never pay d\l anything off the net before (mostly cos I never had the means). I`ve discovered, thanks to a well-known member here that I may be able to do the download through a bank transfer, but further stuff I hear is making me hesitant.

I`m not a bomber jock, the only reasons I`d like to get Pe-2 is so I can fly online with the squaddies and support Oleg...

Decisions, decisions...

JastaV
04-30-2006, 06:31 AM
I'll will buy Pe-2 add-on only when it'll be available at stores on a CD/DVD version.

DmdSeeker
04-30-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd love to buy it; and said I would in an earlier poll.

I think software downloads are the right way to go; one can (and should!) always burn a back up copy.

I'm quite familiar and comfortable buying stuff over the net with my credit card. Just for IL-2 alone I've got 5 add-on CD's bought and paid for over the net; and one download ("the Last Days")and I'm satisfied with the lot of them.

However; I won't touch boonty box at all; and if needs be I'll find another source.

McThag
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm willing to buy it. I am not willing to buy it with the requirement that a third party's software be installed to download it.

The situation at this point seems to be; Pay me, give this number to him and he will give you the paid for item.

No, I will not play this game. If I have to obtain the software from a third party, that party will get the money for carrying it. There is too much potential for something to go wrong and I have read too many horror stories here about how little recourse I have to get things fixed.

When I can buy a CD or DVD from Newegg, Circuit City, CompUSA or even Wal Mart I will buy it. I will even spend $15 per update.

Freelancer-1
05-01-2006, 09:15 AM
I would much prefer shooting them down than flying them. I'm not a fan of flying bombers so I'll take a wait and see attitude.

If the servers I like go to 4.05 then I guess it's upgrade time. Otherwise, I'm plenty happy with what we have in 4.04.

mllaneza
05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Technically I already got it. I've been wanting fly a Pe-2 ever since I joyfully bounced a flight of "obviously slow, unmaneuverable twin-engine bombers" with 2 109s. Ouch. I went in fat, happy and stupid and got my *** handed to me by the AI.

That was in IL-2 itself, waaaay back. Been waiting a LONG time for this.