PDA

View Full Version : Are You Honorable?

KingYopii
02-05-2019, 02:01 AM
Are you honorable?

Yes? Well stop. Apparently there’s a trend in the 2v2 playlist where you let the enemy team trash your teammate when he/she’s not playing "honorably."

Guess what? Not everyone wants to play by your hypocritical and delusional set of rules.

You most likely DON'T understand what the definition of honor is, evident to the consistent false usage of the word.

Allow me to enlighten you:

[ My source of information: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/honor
[
[ Here are the definitions of Honor:
[
[ 1 A : good name or public esteem : REPUTATION
[ B : a showing of usually merited respect : RECOGNITION
[
[ 2 : PRIVILEGE // pay honor to our founder
[ // had the honor of joining the captain for dinner
[
[ 3 : a person of superior standing ---now used especially as a title for a holder of high office
[ // if Your Honor please
[
[ 4 : one who’s worth brings respect or fame : CREDIT
[ // an honor to the profession
[
[ 5 : the center half of the upper half of an armorial escutcheon
[
[ 6 : an evidence or symbol of distinction: such as
[ A : an exalted title or rank
[ B (1) : BADGE, DECORATION
[ (2) : a ceremonial rite or observance
[ // buried with full military honors
[ C : an award in a contest or field of competition
[ D archaic : a gesture of deference : BOW
[ E honors plural
[ An academic distinction conferred on a superior student
[ A course of study for superior students supplementing or replacing a regular course
[
[ 7 : CHASTITY, PURITY
[ // fought fiercely for her honor and her life
[ -Barton Black
[
[ 8 A : a keen sense of ethical conduct : INTEGRITY
[ // a man of honor
[ B : ones word given as a guarantee of performance
[ // on my honor, I will be there
[
[ 9 honors plural : social courtesies or civilities extended by a host
[ // asked her to do the honors
[
[ 10 A (1) : an ace, king, queen, jack, or ten especially of the trump suit in bridge
[ (2) : the scoring value of honors held in bridge
[ - Usually used in plural
[ B : the privilege of playing first from the tee in golf

As you can see, the word honor has more than just YOUR meaning. Please think before using phrases such as “For Honor, more like No Honor” or “That dishonorable guy just threw me off that ledge.”

I bring this up because I don't play by these unofficial house-rules, but ever since this trend appeared out of the blue, I can't properly play For Honor 2v2 playlist the way I used to.

If you're like me and want this trend to end, look into the following:

1. Play as the new Vortiger hero. He has the best survivability so far. Can't get the Vortiger? Use the Conqueror, also has good survivability.

2. Record 2v2 matches you play. If there is an incident, post the video and make the issue known to a developer. (I'm pretty sure they care)

3. Report your teammate for it. They are breaking the code of conduct when they provide an unfair advantage against you through exploits (Allowing the enemy team to trash you counts). The CODE OF CONDUCT is as seen here: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548873-Code-of-Conduct filed under "Forbidden Conduct"

RagingtheReturn
02-05-2019, 04:47 AM
I think the trend of the being "honorable" in duals and 2v2s has been around for awhile but I do agree that the letting the team 2v1 someone then fight shouldn't be a thing. As for the "honor" part I think that the brawl and duel modes are treated different for a reason. Dominion is the mode where there is no such thing as "honor" and you shouldnt expect to see it or it doesn't quite apply. duels and brawls I feel though are treated where the skill of the player should be the deciding factor rather than ledgeing or getting 2v1. its the player vs player feel to it and all the minions or other distractions aren't there to interfere with it. I can completely understand where your coming from but also personal opinion is that those modes and the "honor" codes that some play by come from the nature of the mode. The cheesy ledging, spikes all that takes away from the hero vs hero aspect. I think thats why on so many of the maps they put in barriers or remove the spikes for the mode. Again to reiterate this was my personal opinion on the "honor" code, im sure there are many who agree with you and it would be interesting to hear the different opinions on the subject of "honor" in this game.

Comisari0
02-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Honor? this game is everything but honorable... even in 1v1 you face ***** that taunt you after they kill you. I think a more accurate name would be "dishonored", but its already in use by another franchise...

SangLong524
02-05-2019, 10:22 AM
None!!!!

Lotus.Sia
02-05-2019, 12:42 PM
What is this? Role-play game?

KingYopii
02-05-2019, 04:32 PM
I know! Right? That's what I'm trying to point out here.

Okita_Soji..
02-05-2019, 06:38 PM
It's funny i haven't played in a while and i come back and check the forum and these are still the same complaints. Has anyone played the single player campaign or read the game synopsis? The title "For Honor" is not meant as single hero prowess. It means for honor OF your faction. You are fighting for your faction not just for individual glory, that can come as a result. As a knight, Viking, or samurai you are fighting for all of them and your land. Thats why all events are your contribution to your faction. It's just silly how people make up in game rules and expect others to follow them. Fight for your faction. Too bad the game designers did a poor job with the faction part of this game.

DefiledDragon
02-05-2019, 07:31 PM
For Honor != With Honor.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-05-2019, 07:54 PM
You cant tell people how to play just as much as they cant tell you. Just find a different room. These conversations have been had since the beginning.

UbiInsulin
02-05-2019, 08:07 PM
OP, I would probably be just as mad as you in this situation. Enforcing your personal rules on other people is a bit much.

The honorable RP is great if everyone in the match is down to participate. But I would argue that one important part of honor is honoring the wishes of others.

I don't necessarily know that your interpretation of the Code of Conduct there lines up exactly - it's not really the same as an exploit, but it is definitely a weird form of sandbagging (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_cue_sports_terms#sandbag).

KingYopii
02-05-2019, 09:40 PM
My many apologies. I just had another look at the code. Forget 3. And when I thought of the word exploit, I thought:

ex·ploit
verb
/ikˈsploit/Submit
make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on

As in gaining benefit from teaming with the opposing team to punish me for not playing honorable.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-05-2019, 11:14 PM
My many apologies. I just had another look at the code. Forget 3. And when I thought of the word exploit, I thought:

ex·ploit
verb
/ikˈsploit/Submit
make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on

As in gaining benefit from teaming with the opposing team to punish me for not playing honorable.

“Get Over It” means to accept something that happened in the past and move on.

Example of use: Danny—”I'm really bummed that I lost the game last night” Rosa— “You need to get over it and focus on winning today's game.”

dinosaurlicker
02-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Letting the enemy 2v1 your team mate is griefing, and that’s reportable. Anyone disagreeing with the OP is a griefer, go report them

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
02-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Letting the enemy 2v1 your team mate is griefing, and that’s reportable. Anyone disagreeing with the OP is a griefer, go report them

Cry

/krī/

verb

gerund or present participle: crying

1.shed tears, typically as an expression of distress, pain, or sorrow.

"don't cry—it'll be all right"

synonyms:weep, shed tears, sob, wail, be in tears, cry one's eyes out, cry one's heart out, cry as if one's heart would break, bawl, howl, snivel, whimper, whine, squall, mewl, bleat;