PDA

View Full Version : Balancing with small buffs

Liduras
02-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Since the S tiers (Warden, Conqueror, Berserker,...) will never be nerfed, because Ubi wants to prevent turtle meta with their unreactable moves from neutral, the others need buffs to be on par with them. Some of the heroes can be balanced with simple buffs.

Please note: the buff suggestions below do not involve some weak heroes because they need detailed reworks. For example, Centurion can not be balanced only with simple buffs and nerfs, he needs a complex rework, especially on his cutscene combo.

A common buff for some heroes: Make every 600 ms light attack 500 ms. 600 ms light attacks are very easy to parry and useless.

Aramusha buffs:

Allow him to use his Twin Vipers and Fury Unleashed from Blade Blockade without blocking
Give more tracking to his attacks, especialy to his heavy attacks. His infinite chain can be easyly avoided by dodging back and walking back.
Make his infinite top light attack 400 ms again. His infinite chain entirely relies on finishers.
Make his infinite side heavy undodgeable. Now there is no reason to use infinite chain heavies instead of finishers. And this would make it harder to backdodge against his infinite chain.
In addition to other buffs, add soft feints to Blade Blockade to his light openers, heavy openers and infinite chain heavies to give him mind games that are on par with openers of S tier heroes..

Aramusha is the weakest hero as he is bad at everything, therefore i made him first in the list. The aim of these buffs is to make him viable against S tier heroes without removing his unique side-top-side-top... chain and without making him another bash spamming hero.

Nobushi buffs:

Make her kick from Hidden Stance 500 ms (keep the kick after attacks 600 ms). This can allow her to open turtles as well as S tier heroes can do.
Remove the stamina regeneration delay after cancelling or using the kick from Hidden Stance.

All of Nobushi's attacks are easy to react and she relies on mixups that use most of her stamina. The 500 ms kick from Hidden stance would be a good opener against turtles and the stamina regen delay shouln't exist as she uses a lot of stamina.

Valkyrie buffs:

Add soft feint into dodge to her heavies.
Make her shield crush and spear sweep 100 ms faster (make Shield Crush 600 ms and Spear Sweep 500 ms).

Just like most low tier heroes, every move of Valkyrie are east to react, and S tier heroes have unreactable moves from neutral. Valkyrie needs hard to react moves to be as viable as S tier heroes.

Highlander buffs:

Add more tracking to his kick. It can be avoided by walking backwards. This makes it useless.
Make his kick 600 ms. It is too easy to dodge, and the kick to grab can be avoided by rolling and side dash attacks.
Reduce the stamina cost of his OS light attacks to 20. Some much stronger moves have much lower stamina costs. 27 stamina cost is too much for OS lights.
Make the OS heavy soft feint into OS light useable from every direction.
Make the hard feint window of OS heavies 100 ms longer/later to give him some mind games that are on par with the openers of S tier heroes.

Highlander's only way to offensively deal damage is side OS lights. It has too much stamina cost compared to it's strength. The aim of these buffs is to give him more ways to deal damage and make them strong as the openers of S tier heroes. Making his light attacks 500 ms would be a good buff to his defensive stance.

Kensei buffs:

Add hyperarmor to the last 500 ms of his top heavy opener. It is too easy to light attack him out of his mixups.

Kensei does not need much to be an S tier. Adding hyperarmor to his top heavy opener can make it more risky to light attack him out of his top heavy mixup. Also making his light attacks 500 ms can make him much better.

Raider Buffs:

Add a light->heavy->heavy and/or light->heavy->light chain.
Make the windows of his stunning tap from dodge and rushing guardbreak wider. Basically, let him use them at the beggining of his dodge or delay them just like Conqueror and Vortiger can bash immediately or delay their bashes during their dodges.
Allow him to soft feint his heavies into the unlock stampede charge (without unlocking).

The aim of these buffs is to give him more variety of mixups and make his dash attacks harder to react by giving them more variable timings.

Warlord buffs:

Give him 100 ms faster forward dash recovery.
Make his top heavy finishers unblockable.
Let him use zone during and at the end of chains.
Let him use Board And Blade without blocking. Add stun effect to it when he does it after blocking with full block stance.
Add more damage to the headbutt combo from full guard stance.
Give him superior block dodge.
Let him chain his succesfull light openers, succesfull heavy openers and blocked heavy openers into Headbutt.

Warlord probably needs a little more than this to be on par with S tiers. But this much buff can atleast make him almost as good as S tiers.

FlyinBeef
02-04-2019, 08:23 PM
I don't like such buffs, I would like to do differently.

Kensei buffs:
Top heavy opener is 800ms, instead of 900ms.
More stun after Pommel Strike like Valkyrie's for shield for example to make sure it hit and do light.

Highlander buffs:
Soft-feint from grab and kick to Celtic Cursed.
Higher recovery after kick.
Heavy damage OS heavy damage - 35.

Raider Buffs:
Raider Fury deal 45 damage, instead of 50, have hyper-armor and can be soft-feinted into gb.
Stunning tap is bash now, it have no damage.
All lights 500ms.

That isn't all I don't like, but these buffs I don't like more than other.

UbiInsulin
02-04-2019, 08:53 PM
I don't like such buffs, I would like to do differently.

Kensei buffs:
Top heavy opener is 800ms, instead of 900ms.
More stun after Pommel Strike like Valkyrie's for shield for example to make sure it hit and do light.

Highlander buffs:
Soft-feint from grab and kick to Celtic Cursed.
Higher recovery after kick.
Heavy damage OS heavy damage - 35.

Raider Buffs:
Raider Fury deal 45 damage, instead of 50, have hyper-armor and can be soft-feinted into gb.
Stunning tap is bash now, it have no damage.
All lights 500ms.

That isn't all I don't like, but these buffs I don't like more than other.

Can you explain where your differences in opinion come from? :)

Goat_of_Vermund
02-04-2019, 11:42 PM
Aramusha: He needs buffs, but he is far from the weakest, he is fast with very good damage, he just needs an opener.

Highlander: If he gets any buffs, his recovery on missed kicks should be increased.

Raider: Stunning tap getting an undodgable property and a dodge property might solve some of his problems. He also needs more chains. Stampede needs a nerf.

Don't know much about the others, I don't see problems with these changes.

Adding something to Peacekeeper:

1. Make her top heavy finishers unblockable.
2. Let her dodge out from dodge attacks, and allow dodge attacks to be chain starters.
3. Make bleed damage regain stamina.