PDA

View Full Version : Revitalising the MP system

Scottah
02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
We all know how the multiplayer system works at the moment, a random track gets picked and you get just one race between the other riders.

However, I think there's a better way to make multiplayer in the Trials series a lot more engaging and enjoyable.

The idea is to have a dedi-style system, where as normal a random track gets picked, but instead of a single race between everyone, you all compete within a [x] minute time limit to clock in the best run you can. This system is used predominantly in the TrackMania series, and I think that it'd be a very welcome addition and improvement to the current system. I think it'd be a lot more enjoyable to have a chance to have a few runs at a track, instead of only getting one chance to prove yourself.

Not saying the current system is "bad" really, it just becomes a bit stale over time, as shown be how difficult it is to get a populated match compared to the amount of players that play the game on a daily basis.

Anyways, that's all I've got to say, hope some of you agree with the idea.

Cheers, Scottah

F_okin
02-03-2019, 07:41 PM
A big yes please to this

Richieburner
02-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Sounds good to me. Could’ve an optional game mode so we can have choice of both types of set up

LIONDEN1
02-13-2019, 03:18 AM
That sounds Awful. Point of a race it to get from point A to point B the fastest.

Jutub
02-21-2019, 07:29 PM
great idea!

UnEvolv3d
02-23-2019, 12:53 AM
That would be a great idea if time penalties were introduced as in single player mode. Then the crashes would really make a difference and sort best from the rest.
At the moment , sometimes it can work in your favour to checkpoint reset on multiplayer at the moment.