PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestions] Automatic farm placement, ascension rights, and more...

MyLittlePiglet
02-03-2019, 02:42 PM
As an old time Anno fan (1404 has been my absolute favorite), I would like to make some suggestions:

Maybe it's just me because most people probably like to build as efficient (and as ugly) as possible (at least, that is what I have been seeing on the internet so far :rolleyes: ....), but I would like to have the option of automatic farm placement.

That's right! You read it correctly. I want to plob down farm buildings and then automatically place their farm tiles (with the press of a button), to create organic farmland. I know you can achieve this manually. However, the AI opponents do this too so why can't we? Furthermore, this has always been an option in older Anno titles too. You could either automatically generate farms, or you could place them manually and therefore place them more optimally. Of course I used to create efficient layouts too, but with the new farm mechanic and 1x1 tile farms, I can make them both efficient, organic, and beautiful at the same time! (However, I am lazy and I would like to do this with the press of a button).

Similarly, I would like my citizens to be able to upgrade automatically (ascention rights mechanic).

In previous titles you could do this by allowing ascention rights. I would love to see a similar feature here. In my experience, this gave me more organic and nicer looking cities in the past titles. Again, I know I can achieve the same thing manually. However, this has always been a feature in previous titles. So I would love to see it again. They could improve upon this feature by allowing the player to block ascention rights per tier, for even better control, yet still allowing your city to grow organically.

I would love to see a day/night-cycle.

I know this is maybe too early to ask and maybe the developers already have ideas for this. In previous titles such as 2070 and 2205, the day/night cycle was added in after release (as far as I know). Either by patches or by DLC. I am okay if this happens the same way, or if it's included in some DLC. I don't necessarily need this feature at release as I know it could take a lot of time and effort to make. However, for future updates I would love to see something like this. It would be especially cool to see this during the late game once you start having electricity. :)

Thanks in advance. :)

BlueBreath
02-03-2019, 05:31 PM
2.upgrading your citizen automatically would paralyze your town, seeing that each tier needs to work in certain places.

sebdecl
02-04-2019, 02:02 AM
like BlueBreath said: you need to control the upgrading because upgrading to higher class will remove the workers from lower class. You need to keep the balance between different work-forces otherwise some parts of your production chain will stop working.
I find this feature an improvement to earlier versions of anno

MyLittlePiglet
02-04-2019, 07:00 PM
2.upgrading your citizen automatically would paralyze your town, seeing that each tier needs to work in certain places.

like BlueBreath said: you need to control the upgrading because upgrading to higher class will remove the workers from lower class. You need to keep the balance between different work-forces otherwise some parts of your production chain will stop working.
I find this feature an improvement to earlier versions of anno

I don't think you guys quite understood what I meant. In older Anno games you could allow ascention rights and then they would automatically upgrade, and you could block the ascention rights and they would stop upgrading. What I want is to allow ascention rights so they start upgrading automatically, and then blocking again to prevent a shortage from let's say farmer workforce... I still have all the control in the world doing it this way. It's just that the game picks which houses to upgrade.

In fact, it doesn't even have to be with ascention rights, that's just how the older games worked. What I want is to be able to click on my market and see a big button that you can press to upgrade a house (or shift + click to upgrade all at once). I want the game to automatically select which house. I find that upgrading your citizens this way creates more organic looking cities, rather than when I have to pick the houses myself.

I will make it easy for people to understand. I want this menu:

https://i.imgur.com/g9dgayT.jpg

1. Me click button
2. Game upgrades a random house somewhere
3. Me is happy. :)

And as a bonus the "Enabled automatic promotion" could be upgraded by seperating it per citizen tier.

It's just added functionality, which has been in previous games. So why not here. I know you can manually upgrade houses by pressing U, but sometimes I don't want to choose which house, I want the game to choose for me.