PDA

View Full Version : broken matching

SlayerOfSluts
02-03-2019, 12:05 PM
fix this ****.

Had to search 6 times in a row now. Everythime I had to shutdown the game with alt f4 because I couldnīt get into the multiplayer screen anymore.

your game is released for 3 years now.
You should be ashamed.

UbiInsulin
02-04-2019, 12:21 AM
The team is investigating the matchmaking freeze issue as their highest priority. There is a potential workaround listed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/aluxab/current_known_issues/ .

[UPDATE 11:45 AM:] We are still investigating the root cause of this, but to workaround this issue, simply open any menu during the matchmaking freeze. Doing so will re-appear and re-enable the Cancel button so you can quit matchmaking and start over.

UbiInsulin
02-04-2019, 12:22 AM
The team is investigating the matchmaking freeze issue as their highest priority. There is a potential workaround listed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/aluxab/current_known_issues/ .

[UPDATE 11:45 AM:] We are still investigating the root cause of this, but to workaround this issue, simply open any menu during the matchmaking freeze. Doing so will re-appear and re-enable the Cancel button so you can quit matchmaking and start over.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
02-04-2019, 04:17 AM
Match making is freezing on Xbox 1. And the work around doesn't work. Sure the cancel comes up but all lobbies freeze up if you try to join even another game mode.

SlayerOfSluts
02-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Your workaround will help sometimes and sometimes not (on pc).

I restarted the game multiple times, escaped to the main menu and opened the multiplayer menu again, nothing will help. I have to try it 5-9 times.

This is annoying!

aimlessAlly
02-04-2019, 12:12 PM
UniInsulin,

have been getting this issue constantly since yesterday on PS4. There is no possible work around I can see. There is no cancel, no matter what menu you go into. The only option is: closing and restarting the game. Upon which, you are presented with the freeze bug again...

This is shameful.

Legion-495
02-04-2019, 02:49 PM
I think we should hire our own investigators to advance the search of annoying bugs.

H3mPdr
02-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Honestly I have been playing since beta and through all the other problems. This one seems to be the worst one yet. Even worse than the game dropping. Can’t even get into a AI game. Consistently restarting the entire game on PS 4. As someone that’s been telling everyone to come back, promoting that the gameplay is way better, only to have them get this? I might have to give up after years of trying.

Cruz-del-Sur
02-04-2019, 04:00 PM
And ****ing tired of that issue too, and the funny thing is that sometimes the "ban for 15 minutes" for foing alt+F4 hahahaha total crap

Phenoloth
02-04-2019, 08:58 PM
That workaround is not working at all and this bug exists since patch. When was patchday?

Couple days right? This is a gamebreaking bug and you are still investing are you serious?

Another issues that i have noticed is since patch player with high ping above 50 ms lag extremely and you canīt even see sometimes indicators to block or parry properly.

Cmon guys whats going?

BilinearTwo9
02-04-2019, 09:05 PM
Same freeze has happened to me on XBOX One a number of times at the "joining" step since the update. Hadn't happened to me before.

MaKo-IX
02-04-2019, 10:52 PM
Same issue here.

I am trying to get a game since hours now to get into Dominion or event..

Always freezes during matching-process.

Sometimes early before "Game found", sometimes later on after "Game found" or
even after "Joining game"....but never make it in....This sucks big time....:(:confused::(:confused:

Valoredramack
02-04-2019, 11:11 PM
This matchmaking feezing issue definitely started after the Vortiger patch and it's really getting annoying....I hope it gets fixed soon.

For Honor is basically unplayable because of this matchmaking bug. The workaround doesn't prevent the crash from happening repeatedly.

UbiInsulin
02-04-2019, 11:11 PM
Working on this problem is still the team's biggest priority right now. We'll provide more info on an ETA as soon as we can.

I'll post the potential workaround again just for visibility:

We are still investigating the root cause of this, but to workaround this issue, simply open any menu during the matchmaking freeze. Doing so will re-appear and re-enable the Cancel button so you can quit matchmaking and start over.

H3mPdr
02-04-2019, 11:45 PM
You forgot to add that the work around isn’t working on PS4. So basically if your on a PS4 you gotta quit out and enjoy starting the game back up.

Card1acArrest
02-04-2019, 11:50 PM
You forgot to add that the work around isn’t working on PS4. So basically if your on a PS4 you gotta quit out and enjoy starting the game back up.

It doesnt work anymore on PC either. I got a game after 5 tries. Took me 30 minutes..

I guess its better to stop playing for a few days until it is fixed..this is too annoying.

Psycho-Bandit
02-04-2019, 11:59 PM
Realy annoying, had about 4 matches today and restarted the game for 9 times. The workaround is not working all the time and when the cancelbutton shows up i can not get a matchmaking after until i start the game over again.
Its not even possible to complete my orders, let's see what it is as compensation for it. After all, it is already 5 days in which it is not really possible to use the game properly.
I bought the 3-Year-Pass so i could play the new hero a week earlyer and now? All they bought the 3-Year-Pass should get a extra compensation cause they payed money for a advance they cant realy use.

Haplo_Bane
02-05-2019, 01:52 AM
This is still happening ? That's hilarious. It's not a new problem. It's just that the bandaid fell off again. The games actual foundation is flawed. I remember instead of fixing it at the start,they first insisted it was our fault,then implemented quick and easy temporary fixes,then kept adding and changing things no one wanted and ignored what their customers were begging for. Time tells,as it always does. This forum and the for honor developers are always good for a laugh though. Keep up the fantastic work everyone. ��

Lotus.Sia
02-05-2019, 12:43 PM
When searching game stay at heroes menu, it won't freeze.