PDA

View Full Version : Need someone skilled with Vortiger to help me!!!

BaelinFisherman
02-03-2019, 02:33 AM
Can someone skilled with Vortiger teach me how to use him? idk what I am doing wrong, but I keep losing duels with him.

Ubisoft name is BaelinFisherman

Valkanto
02-03-2019, 06:09 AM
ive found him to be great. im no pro but ive found success with this.

Dont use your full guard unless you intend to flip, and do it quickly in response to slow attacks.

your light parry counter is brutal, abuse it.

your slash, bash, slash, is great harass.
you can shorten it to just bash slash.

you can cancel your heavy into a charge, its good for closing distance.

use your zone into slash when they try to sidestep predict your slash bash combo.

feint bait into flip is good, but hard to do with the speed of some characters. use sparingly to open up turtles.

besides that just normal play with good timing wins out, no need to be fancy, ive died many times trying for a heavy when i could have landed a bash slash to win. dont get caught up. just widdle them to death.

Siegfried-Z
02-03-2019, 03:42 PM
ive found him to be great. im no pro but ive found success with this.

Dont use your full guard unless you intend to flip, and do it quickly in response to slow attacks.

your light parry counter is brutal, abuse it.

your slash, bash, slash, is great harass.
you can shorten it to just bash slash.

you can cancel your heavy into a charge, its good for closing distance.

use your zone into slash when they try to sidestep predict your slash bash combo.

feint bait into flip is good, but hard to do with the speed of some characters. use sparingly to open up turtles.

besides that just normal play with good timing wins out, no need to be fancy, ive died many times trying for a heavy when i could have landed a bash slash to win. dont get caught up. just widdle them to death.

BP light parry is nothing special. Lots of char got better one.

I would change something in your advices.

You said "dont use your full block unless you intend To flip". I would say the opposite.
First of all if each time you go into bullwark you try to flip, it became very easy to bait and punish.

But also, BP bullwark is his best offensive chain.
For example you advice him To abuse light SB light. Ok but after the last light, you can cancel your recovery by going in bullwark and directly chain with his UB for more mix up game.
Same in défense options .
His 200ms into Bullwark is great for recovery cancel and is a very strong pressuring tool

EvoX.
02-04-2019, 02:22 AM
You're losing duels with Prior? You either press SB or press GB. Always do an SB after a light on a heavy parry.

The end.

Comisari0
02-04-2019, 04:01 PM
You just need to do the shield bash + light attack, once and again. Nothing else...

Knight_Raime
02-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Black prior's meat and potatoes is his 3 unblockables from neutral. His forward bash, his zone, and his unblockable heavy from bullwark.

Black prior's "Shaolin" mix up starts with a light attack from neutral. From a light you can either lead into his bash, fast flow into bullwark for that unblockable heavy, or let loose an undodgable heavy finisher. The light itself is particularly strong because of a few reasons. First being it's speed of 500ms means it's a good tool to throw out to interrupt mix ups. It also has the superior property. Which means you can option select someone's parry attempt with it. If it lands it also guarentees his bash for another light which totals 40 damage. Finally you can still access the whole mix up between bash, undodgable, and bullwark heavy even on a whiff of your light.

You also can choose to throw a zone out after a feint or a dodge instead of a bash in order to trip someone's timing if they are dodging often. And you can chain into a light/heavy finisher from zone even on zone whiff. Which means even if they manage to dodge your zone properly they still have a follow up they need to contend with. The biggest mistake i'm seeing from most Black prior's this early on is trying to overly use bullwark counter.

It's a strong move that can counter virtually anything given the right situation. But that being said it's highly suseptable to feint into guard break. So you can't just use it constantly. It should be used sparingly. The best use of bullwark currently is to just go for the unblockable heavy. Alternatively if you fight someone who likes to spam follow up attacks you can block fast flow into bullwark to interrupt their combo. OR you could dodge into the attack and block it due to the instant start up of guard on dodge direction. But i'd really only use either if you are trying to stall out rather than kill someone. Or in a duels case if blocking said combo attack ends up putting them out of stamina. Ideally you'd be playing Black prior so aggressively that you wouldn't have to worry about dealing with mid combo pressure like zerk/rochi/nuxia 400ms lights.

Last bit of advice I can give you is be vary aware of distance. Black prior's reach is surprisingly short on basically all of his tools. You need to stay on top of your opponent or you will have a stupidly hard time pressuring and punishing your opponent.

Vakris_One
02-04-2019, 07:32 PM
If you're looking for a visual guide of the moveset and max punishes as well as some tips and tricks you can't go wrong with this one by Craic:

https://youtu.be/8W2kgIUgz-o