PDA

View Full Version : Getting punished for being Australian (DC timer)

Valkanto
02-03-2019, 01:18 AM
First things first.

As an Australian ive gotten used to the idea that our servers will be bad, if they exist at all. and im willing to play through that. in the past when myself or my friend that plays DC we just re-queue.

I dont quit when losing, i dont quit when i have bots or because of some perceived imbalance.

normally i would have 20+ games a night, and would Dc from about 2-4 of those games on any given day with my friend having similar numbers, about 1 in 5 games has a DC. but since the patch at least 4 times a night we have to sit a 15+ min timer before we queue because one of us got disconnected

I tried to play this morning, but when playing outside the "Prime time" for AUZ. (3pm to 10pm) the connection is always garbage. and this meant i had one game, out of 3 attempts.

These were all in dominion 4v4 casual. not ranked, not tourny.

the first, i was in for about 3 min, the other team had 2 bots, they got filled and i DC'd at the same time........

1'st 15 min timer.

then i got 1 full game. 4 players on both sides.

then on the 3rd attempt i didn't even make it to the game, i was in the load screen, waiting with the players facing each other. then was kicked back to the menu with something about connection time out and easy anti-cheat time out.

2nd timer.

Ive spent more time this morning waiting for these Dc timers than actually playing the game. i dont think i can continue to push through all the issues with this game anymore if when the fault lies with ubi, im still punished. i love this game, i really do, but this is driving me crazy.

i understand the timers existing on ranked games. but when im playing casual, if someone rage quits, so be it. but to now be punished for connection problems when queuing in causal, in some vain attempt to make petty toxic rage lords stay in game when losing is just madness.

Valkanto
02-03-2019, 01:21 AM
This is on the PC platform.

Hormly
02-03-2019, 01:27 AM
Next time don't roll as Australian

Valkanto
02-03-2019, 01:30 AM
Very helpful, thank you for your insightful comment.

BobiThePriest
02-03-2019, 04:33 AM
I had some issues like DC , even i`m in EU
did you ever tried programs like Killping , WTFast or Haste ..also you might have a bit of problem with distance ( yeah i know) but some of these programs can help cose what they do is find a fast route from your PC to servers . when in game you might have a lag due to latency P2P , some of them can be solved with nice VPN program ( not totally guarantied ) but , you just might try , if it don`t work , just delete it
try to play in windowed mode , turn off some of not so much needed effects in game
one more thing is you net provider ( ping stuff) , give them a call .
after latest update some of my friends can even get into the game ( some weird issues like split screen or black screen )

hope i helped in any way
cheers