PDA

View Full Version : Warlord and Vortiger Discussion

S.ArthurDayne
02-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Vortiger :

The art and the designe are great .Bulwark is a nice idea but we will see how it works out when the players learn to use it properly cause it has huge potential to be a bit too strong.

His shield bash . 20 dmg for a 500 bash is way too much . Either make it 13 dmg and 500 ms . or 600 ms and 18 dmg
And for god's sake make it GB punishable.. i know some people say it is punishable .. but u have to predict it not to react to it . Pls dont let your judgement be clouded cause u are having fun playing him and he looks nice .. The shield bash is too much and everyone knows it.
. if conq and warlord can be GB'ed for their 13 dmg and more predictable and easier to dodge move than this must be punishable as well

Warlord
The dmg nerfs and the superior light changes are great .
But ....
Why didnt u change his all block .. it feels so ussles compared to other all block. BP can counter every single move in the game with it , and conq gets a heavy 33 dmg counter if u hit him with a normal light or heavy..
Its like u gave up at the end ...

Velentix
02-02-2019, 12:33 AM
If this is all they have planned for warlord then I'm rather disappointed. the damage buff was nice, and added two combos are ok at best. now if you could headbutt somewhere in a combo, even if its not guaranteed, much like valks shield bash, we might be talking. the real question I have is: why the heck didn't you guys add in a dodge attack for him? every single character in the game should have one. most do.
He needs actual combos since every other aspect of him is so shallow as to be laughable. he has no soft feints, no super wide sweeping attacks, no combos that have any real potential for mindgames. he's better off being changed from a heavy to a hybrid, if that's what it takes to give him a kit you can do something with. give him a couple 3 hit combos and a soft feint, and I honestly think he'll be fine.

SprinkleMilk
02-02-2019, 01:51 AM
Nerf or change Vortiger shield break perk, it honestly defeats the purpose of revenge. I thought revenge was implemented to give players a fighting chance from being outnumbered.... Vortiger's shield break literally destroys revenge shield leaving people rendered powerless in a outnumbered situation.

ImainWarlord
02-02-2019, 03:07 AM
if you guys want to keep the shield bash like I think you guys will... at least make it like warlord headbutt.. Free GB on dodge. I suggest to give BP longer recovery times so it can be punish. a knight with high dmg with heavy armor cannot have super fast recovery time.

in addition, why did you nerf the headbutt why why why why???? it is slower now. basically you give the BP everything that should have been in warlord rework.

KotoKuraken
02-02-2019, 03:47 AM
I kinda like the Warlord changes tho. They did give him some damage buff to superior lights and heavies, LL chain, and HH chain (hyperarmor on both heavies, btw). If you play him in a non-scummy way, he flows decently now.

Velentix
02-02-2019, 07:00 AM
I kinda like the Warlord changes tho. They did give him some damage buff to superior lights and heavies, LL chain, and HH chain (hyperarmor on both heavies, btw). If you play him in a non-scummy way, he flows decently now.
He does flow a bit better especially with some of the stamina tweaks, but he is predictable because he only has two hit chains. I wish theyd made a superior light or the stab after fullguard block or headbutt a combo opener that the two hit chains could be strung into afterward. It would give him more versatility. I still think he shouldve gotten a dodge attack.

Tyrjo
02-02-2019, 08:17 AM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1889205-How-to-fix-Warlord

Over seven months ago I proposed that the FB be changed to:

The heavy from Full Block Stance is now an unblockable. It's however not guaranteed unless blocked specific attacks. This attack can be cancelled with the feint-button. The heavy has lost it undodgeable property.

The light from Full Block Stance also stuns you opponent slightly. This stun is not as damaging to the opponents stamina as the Shield Counter stun.

It is now possible to cancel out of the Full Block Stance with a headbutt.

Chain Starters - Attacks from Full Block can initiate chains.