PDA

View Full Version : Vortiger

OhHowSheGoingEh
02-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Can someone explain to me how to deal with vortiger when I'm being ganked? I cant get him out of his stance because whenever I GB him some hits me out of it, I cant attack him because he's has full guard and when ever I do an bash he flips me over.
When I do bring him down to a bar and a half of health he just sits in his stance healing and there literally nothing I can do about it. So what the **** do I do?
This needs to be addressed quickly since everyone and their dog is running around as vortiger.

SwellChemosabe
02-01-2019, 08:48 PM
As a general rule for anti ganking I think you're putting too much focus onto one character. In a 1v X scenario it's better to play the long game. Asses who you're fighting against and act accordingly. Instead of treating the fight as a "how quickly can I kill everyone" or "can I kill them all" type of equation l, approach it as a means to hold off the enemy team as long as possible. Naturally there will be times where you are forced on the defensive and won't be able to maneuver as fluently as you would in a one on one fight. Be selective of who you hit and when. A lot of times I see players panic and begin wildly throwing out every attack in the book without thought or will begin to focus on a single enemy thinking "I'll kill him, then him, then him" etc.

Look for parries, hit people when they're about to attack, switch targets often and in steady intervals so as to not confuse yourself. Know your hero and determine which combos would best serve you.

Now in regards to the black prior, I'd say he's quite a defensive character with offensive potential. Instead of focusing on him alone, switch back and forth between him and his teammate, keeping them both on their toes and prompting them to at the very least try to attack you.

Also it's good to accept the fact that yes sometimes they're going to get health back. In the middle of a fight someone you're about to kill could run away to a healing point and their teammates will cover them. That doesn't mean you have to chase after them. Just keep fighting the fight and best case scenario you take em all down, mid case you deal enough damage to weaken them or hold them off long enough for your team to arrive

Goat_of_Vermund
02-01-2019, 09:06 PM
Black prior can be hit in bulwark. He needs a perfectly timed counter to flip you. If he messes up the timing, he is totally open for virtually anything. So, you can feint heavy into light for example.

Velentix
02-01-2019, 09:29 PM
This is the problem with BP, if you're being ganked by two of them, there isnt a **** thing you can do due to their second feat allowing healing at anytime. So all they have to do is bulwark to heal, which means you have to attack. That or run away. If you try to GB either one you will be interrupted because they know GB is the only thing you can do to hurt them. This feat is ridiculously OP because it brings a turtle meta gank for multiplayer where no matter what the ganked player does, he loses.
Revenge is worthless because your shield is instantly removed, which is frankly the only reason anyone pops revenge, the other perks to revenge don't do crap if your opponents just turtle. I highly doubt they thought these feats through, or they did and this is a blatant attempt to get people to get the y3 pass so every time a new hero is released they can rely on broken feats for a week instead of learning their character and winning via skill.

OhHowSheGoingEh
02-01-2019, 10:57 PM
As a general rule for anti ganking I think you're putting too much focus onto one character. In a 1v X scenario it's better to play the long game. Asses who you're fighting against and act accordingly. Instead of treating the fight as a "how quickly can I kill everyone" or "can I kill them all" type of equation l, approach it as a means to hold off the enemy team as long as possible. Naturally there will be times where you are forced on the defensive and won't be able to maneuver as fluently as you would in a one on one fight. Be selective of who you hit and when. A lot of times I see players panic and begin wildly throwing out every attack in the book without thought or will begin to focus on a single enemy thinking "I'll kill him, then him, then him" etc.

I have to treat the ganks as 'how can I kill everyone ASAP' not only do teammates not even bother to show up half the time, when they do arrive they get in my way, smack me out of my attacks, interrupt my punishes and feed revenge to the enemy, basically turning it into me vs the enemy+some guy I only do a fraction of damage too.

Look for parries, hit people when they're about to attack, switch targets often and in steady intervals so as to not confuse yourself. Know your hero and determine which combos would best serve you.

How can you 'look for parries' with the constant sb spam that all vortiger are currently doing right now? I also play lawbringer right now so its either, shove on block, random top lights or neutral shove and hope to land a light. If I parry its 90% of the time followed up by a light, sometimes I do the zone.

Now in regards to the black prior, I'd say he's quite a defensive character with offensive potential. Instead of focusing on him alone, switch back and forth between him and his teammate, keeping them both on their toes and prompting them to at the very least try to attack you.

Also it's good to accept the fact that yes sometimes they're going to get health back. In the middle of a fight someone you're about to kill could run away to a healing point and their teammates will cover them. That doesn't mean you have to chase after them. Just keep fighting the fight and best case scenario you take em all down, mid case you deal enough damage to weaken them or hold them off long enough for your team to arrive

Why should I accept that someone is going to be healing when I cant do anything about it? If someone is ganking me and then they decide to run away to a point to go heal that's perfect, now i have one less person to deal with.
But with vortiger he can just hide behind his shield, heal and be right in face at the same time, not to mention that if one of my attacks hit him on its follow through whe im targeting someone else I recoil and it stops my chain.
The only counter to his stance is also nullified in a gank because of how risky it is to through a GB in a gank situation, unless you have revenge popped.

C4rmine52
02-02-2019, 12:00 AM
This is the problem with BP, if you're being ganked by two of them, there isnt a **** thing you can do due to their second feat allowing healing at anytime. So all they have to do is bulwark to heal, which means you have to attack. That or run away. If you try to GB either one you will be interrupted because they know GB is the only thing you can do to hurt them. This feat is ridiculously OP because it brings a turtle meta gank for multiplayer where no matter what the ganked player does, he loses.
Revenge is worthless because your shield is instantly removed, which is frankly the only reason anyone pops revenge, the other perks to revenge don't do crap if your opponents just turtle. I highly doubt they thought these feats through, or they did and this is a blatant attempt to get people to get the y3 pass so every time a new hero is released they can rely on broken feats for a week instead of learning their character and winning via skill.
He’s not broken but k lol... and I’ve beaten ganking Vortigers on multiple occasions.
It’s very doable

Velentix
02-02-2019, 12:11 AM
He’s not broken but k lol... and I’ve beaten ganking Vortigers on multiple occasions.
It’s very doable

Im not hating on his moveset, but if you find two people who play him like this there is no way to win especially if you play a character with a smaller life pool. I too have beaten ganking vorts, but never have I beaten ganking vorts who know what they're doing, when using the above strategy. mind you I do play valk so that might be my problem. The unfortunate part is that I'm coming up against vorts that use this strategy more, and more frequently, and honestly its a tiresome, extremely boring way to die. the only way out of this situation is if you can get help from a teammate, and if you play with randoms then good luck with that.

the point is that his feat forces you to be hyper aggressive, and bulwark makes you only able to GB, now if he took massive chip damage in bulwark while healing, I'd probably be ok, but as it is the feat is determining in large measure the strategy and outcome of a gank, and for the dev team that removed gear stats for being too OP, this is blinding hypocrisy.

Comisari0
02-02-2019, 05:01 AM
The BP is Disneyland for turtle players, just wait and do the shield move, once and again, and again, and again...

rottmeister
02-02-2019, 12:09 PM
I was really looking forward to BP but seeing how he's played, I've lost all my interest. He's just another shieldbasher. I've seen so many BP players on YouTube that mostly rely on his bashes. I was hoping that the stance would come more into play. The BP's I have faced barely ever go in the stance (I mostly play 4vs4). I've been flipped 3 times or so and all by 1 (or 2) person(s). He reminds me of a Conq with different voicelines. I'll wait and see whether I pick him up or not next week. Probably not.

tENeBrIS * 100

rottmeister
02-02-2019, 12:15 PM
I haven't really been ganked by BP's except for one time. I turtled up and waited for my revenge to pop. I beat them both with a little help of a teammate. Of course he can take your shield away after he unlocks a specific tier feat, so I don't know what you can do to reliably antigank against them.

Siegfried-Z
02-02-2019, 01:08 PM
The BP is Disneyland for turtle players, just wait and do the shield move, once and again, and again, and again...

Not at all. BP godly mix offense and défense at any moove he does if well played.
By no means he is a turtle such as Conq, LB, WL or even Warden .

I was really looking forward to BP but seeing how he's played, I've lost all my interest. He's just another shieldbasher. I've seen so many BP players on YouTube that mostly rely on his bashes. I was hoping that the stance would come more into play. The BP's I have faced barely ever go in the stance (I mostly play 4vs4). I've been flipped 3 times or so and all by 1 (or 2) person(s). He reminds me of a Conq with different voicelines. I'll wait and see whether I pick him up or not next week. Probably not.

tENeBrIS * 100

Well i think this is because people still doesn't realize his real potential.
Most of them currently do light SB light and they stop before most of time repeating this.

The real strengh BP is his ability To enter into Bullwark after any hit landed or blocked.

For example if i score a light SB light combo. . Then instead of stopping me i go direcrly into Bullwark after the last light and land my UB heavy from that which i can feint for GB or whatever i want .
Same case while i défend myself, it is mean is can respond to any hit i've block by my UB ans chain like that as long as i have stam.

His bait into crushing counter is strong too.

Tbh so far i didn't see another BP use this. You gonna see, he is fun ;)
But yes Bash oriented for half of his kit.

rottmeister
02-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Not at all. BP godly mix offense and défense at any moove he does if well played.
By no means he is a turtle such as Conq, LB, WL or even Warden .

Well i think this is because people still doesn't realize his real potential.
Most of them currently do light SB light and they stop before most of time repeating this.

The real strengh BP is his ability To enter into Bullwark after any hit landed or blocked.

For example if i score a light SB light combo. . Then instead of stopping me i go direcrly into Bullwark after the last light and land my UB heavy from that which i can feint for GB or whatever i want .
Same case while i défend myself, it is mean is can respond to any hit i've block by my UB ans chain like that as long as i have stam.

His bait into crushing counter is strong too.

Tbh so far i didn't see another BP use this. You gonna see, he is fun ;)
But yes Bash oriented for half of his kit.

Okay, I'll think about it. If I end up buying BP, I'll definitely try and make her not look too edgy. There are already enough edgelord BP's with Punisher logos. lol

Edit: Apparently you can try out new heroes in the training modes and HOLY **** BP is satifying! Def buying him this Thursday, luckily saved up 20k steel. My first heavy main! If I'd bother playing Tiandi more, then I'd have a main in every category.