PDA

View Full Version : [CRASH][BUG] - Game freezes when trying to host new multiplayer game

Jaskab
02-01-2019, 07:01 PM
When creating new multiplayer game, during the difficulty selection if you click a bit above the selected difficulty it opens the advanced settings (this can be done also in singleplayer, but couldn't create same freeze there). Then by clicking "start game" from the advanced settings, game goes to loading screen and gets stuck there. By closing the advanced settings it creates the multiplayer lobby normally. Game stops responding to any other command than alt+f4 or trying to close it as "close program" from windows desktop (not required to use task manager). Doing that opens "Exit Anno 1800" dialogue where you can click exit to quit the game and it's working. This freezing happens instead of getting to the multiplayer lobby. Usually the game loading time to create singleplayer game is quite short. I have the latest update and been able to reproduce the freeze.

UbiMorning
02-02-2019, 01:54 AM
Hey Jaskab! Thanks for the report. Just to confirm, this only happens if you start the game while inside the Advanced Settings?

Jaskab
02-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Yes, this happens only if you click start game while in advanced settings while selecting difficulty for multiplayer game before entering the lobby

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-04-2019, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the update! Can you please share your system DxDiag and MSinfo files through a new support case (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000026442/Submit-Dxdiag-and-Msinfo/)? Let me know the case number once submitted so I can pass it along for investigation by the development team :)

Ubi-Gumdrops
02-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Thanks for sharing Jaskab!